Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trick Attack in a way is a battle tactic, SCH was called a "Battle Tactician" so it fits with the job.

...really that statement is pretty much fill in the blank.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Trick Attack in a way is a battle tactic, SCH was called a "Battle Tactician" so it fits with the job.

That's how I feel. I could come up with an "it fits" statement for self SCing on any job. My disappointment at update time had more to do with the fact that I already had a lot of neat new tricks to play around with on SCH while RDM was just as boring as it was at 75. A self SC combining melee and magic seemed a lot more exciting and long overdue.

My suspicion is that the reason for almost everything I thought would have fit RDM going to another newer job probably has less to do with what makes sense according to the job description and more to do with providing an incentive to level those new jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12

Not really!

Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    That's how I feel. I could come up with an "it fits" statement for self SCing on any job. My disappointment at update time had more to do with the fact that I already had a lot of neat new tricks to play around with on SCH while RDM was just as boring as it was at 75. A self SC combining melee and magic seemed a lot more exciting and long overdue.

My suspicion is that the reason for almost everything I thought would have fit RDM going to another newer job probably has less to do with what makes sense according to the job description and more to do with providing an incentive to level those new jobs.
    I think it's more to do with the fact the Dev's are too scared of giving RDM far too much of a boost that they make the job over-powered. Don't get me wrong, I'm with people on RDM it needs a massive buff as if it stays the same there is little to nothing at the 99 cap that you get RDM main, that you can't get /RDM other than Composure.

By the way, I think Composure is why they fear what they give RDM, on a whole it's the best JA any job can get, though being as it was touted as a increase for the melee side I don't think they fulfilled it with a massive gain of 15 accuracy.

An enspell and haste increase in my opinion is one of the biggest and easiest buffs they could add to it, if nothing else potentially in the new merit system.

--

You have people going on about giving stances, modes etcetera one melee one magic, we have that.

Composure active = Melee
    Composure inactive = Magic

It's just on the melee side Composure isn't all that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-31-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Not gonna lie though +15 acc for -25% recast is a REALLY harsh trade off lol

I mean for -recast samurais get almost that much acc along with Str and haste lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by Supersun; 05-31-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Not gonna lie though +15 acc for -25% recast is a REALLY harsh trade off lol

I mean for -recast samurais get almost that much acc along with Str and haste lol.
    Agreed. Still, the guys with all sets of gear that use the current mechanics to solo stuff are what the developers check their closets for at night. Either that or they fear that a large % of RDMs would suddenly go perma-melee and never look back if meleeing was made viable.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm fine with what SCH got. Yeah i would have liked it on RDM. But now it just makes me want something that is different and more in line with what i think a RDM should get.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I'm fine with what SCH got. Yeah i would have liked it on RDM. But now it just makes me want something that is different and more in line with what i think a RDM should get.
    Magic as part of a skillchain infers to physical combat and magic meshing together. How is that not what a RDM should get?
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Magic as part of a skillchain infers to physical combat and magic meshing together. How is that not what a RDM should get?
    Because they are still casting from back row and SCing. You still have to cast a spell for Immanence to work. If you want to MB then you have to cast another spell during the battle.

I want something front row and JA instead. So long as you enspell is up, you can activate it just like a WS.

I mean yes you would still have to cast the MB, but the point is we get MBB. We don't get SC bonus. I want to be able to JA so that I can get right to the MB. To me they are very different.

/sarcasm
    I mean god forbid we get JAs. We've always had so many.
    /end sarcasm.

Lack of JAs has always been one of my biggest gripes on RDM. Yeah we get a ton of spells, but so do WHM and BLM. And aren't we supposed to be the jack of all trades, TM. I'm pretty sure I would have jacked a couple more JAs.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 06-01-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Because they are still casting from back row and SCing. You still have to cast a spell for Immanence to work. If you want to MB then you have to cast another spell during the battle.
    It's still within the concept of RDM because it crosses that threshold between melee and mage, and as such SCH had no business ever getting something like that. Hell, if distance is a concern to you, make it a JA that reduces casting range to 5 yalms. Then you pretty much have to be in melee to get it off.

Don't get me wrong, because I agree in that we need more job abilities. The devs are the ones that have to pull their head our of the sand and figure how to make it work without redesigns of the class from the ground up. (which, to be frank, I would not be entirely opposed to)
    (1)
    Last edited by Duelle; 06-01-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The only reason I don't agree with you is that I think SCH should be it's own class. It stops me from ever thinking I should be a back line mage. If i wanted to be a casting RDM from the back row, I would play SCH. I really do believe that everyone should have their own class that is just tons of fun to play. I'm not going to take anything away from another class.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 06-02-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast