Character
    Jefff
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90

FFXI - 3001 Error When Zoning into Tahrongi Canyon

I play primarily on my desktop PC and occasionally on my laptop. Whenever I zone into Tahrongi Canyon on my desktop, FFXI will not proceed past the "downloading data" screen and eventually times out and gives an "FFXI - 3001" error. This is only currently happening on my desktop and I can log in on my laptop to zone out of Tahrongi. I have not checked extensively to see if the same thing happens in other zones on my desktop or laptop.

After speaking with tech support, I realize that this is a catch-all error for a communications failure between the game server and my PC. I have checked with my ISP and the manufacturer of my router to make sure there are no settings that need to be changed, I have tried port forwarding on my router, and have even tried direct-connecting my computer to the modem. This issue did not happen for me until the most recent version update(I have traveled through that zone several times in the past month before this issue started). After researching thoroughly, I have also noticed that many are experiencing issues similar to mine, even in different zones.

As Tahrongi Canyon is an important thoroughfare and entrance to Abyssea - Tahrongi, I would like to know what can be done about these "dead zones." I wanted to wait til after today's maintenance before saying anything, but the maintenance has not helped the problem. I realize that this may be something on my end(though I doubt it since I have had no trouble up until the last version update), but either way, I am a paying customer and would like a resolution.

Thank you.
    (0)

Same issue. B U M P
    (0)

Player
    Same problem, same zone too, Tahrongi Canyon.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Did you try a file check yet? Some files might be corrupt, which can cause weird behaviour.
    (0)