Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Nabu's Dastanas

DEF:28 STR+7 AGI+7 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Magic Accuracy+5 Healing magic skill +12
    I'd like to meet the man who decided that Nabu's Dastanas were in desperate need of AGI +7 and Magic Accuracy +5 given the other bonuses on the item. Almost anything else would have been better for every job on the piece than that one-two punch.

I would look deep into his eyes. I would see a reflection of the universe not beholding to logical things such as the laws of physics, a swirling pit of fire and ice that met and never formed steam. I would see poor souls tossed between these two extremes, made without skin and grasping their internals in their hands, responding to their misery by offering opinions on My Teenage Dream Ended in pig-latin.

He would say to me, "Well, I thought Bards would enjoy a weapon skill piece for Extenerator with Magic Accuracy to help the additional effect land."
    (1)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because Blessed Mitts +1 have more Haste and Healer's Mitts +1 are better to heal in. 6% Haste on the Iuvenalis Mittens and it would save the inventory slot for whatever sidegrade on healing magic there is so we can use that instead.
    I mean in the sense of Melee Whm, as this thread is focused on. The Iuvenalis Mittens can be used as both TP and WS hands was my point. I have no issue capping out haste in either case, so having blessed mitts +1 is moot in that regard; but for melee the 7 str can make a difference more than 1 haste that's not even being used.

As far as healing goes, I dont' usually need to cure 'enough' to require that much haste, usually Augur's mitts are used in my sets, 4% potency and 7 mind iirc outdoes 15 skill, but I might be wrong on that. I play a little different, focusing more on casting time down than recast, but I get the full potency on all my cures that way.

What are your general melee/WS sets? Just out of curiosity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frost; 12-14-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, this much is true. However, if you are aiming for a perfect set, you want to cap that Haste, which would be the Blessed Mitts +1 (one piece), then if you want a weapon skill piece, you get to choose between the Healer's Mitts +1 or the Iuvenalis Mitts... considering Healer's Mitts are best in slot healing for the best cure set, you'd pick that since the stats on melee are identical (two pieces). In this way Iuvenalis Mittens's sidegrade status works against them. Given 1% more Haste for example would have made them a powerful piece, but instead it is just for sets that are suboptimal.

That sort of gear is really frustrating because SE is trying, but they're not quite to the point of giving WHM a real upgrade. It is like ordering ice cream and upon getting it realizing that it has been melted and refrozen.
    I would rather melee in the Iuvenalis mitts and cast cures with the Healer's +1, Orison for Regen and Stat cures when using Caress. I guess I'm just weird.
    (0)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm trying to find and suggested a way to save Kraken Club and old weapon that don't have "+Skill" on them for Lv119 content here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...010#post497010

Do you agree with me?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I'm trying to find and suggested a way to save Kraken Club and old weapon that don't have "+Skill" on them for Lv119 content here:
    That's what Unity is for, and a great way for me to segway into my idea:

I have a few requests for Unity fights (and by extention, ilvl versions of their loot).
    • Tiamat / Crier's Gaiters
    • Shen / Reverend Mail
    • Silverhook / Seawolf Cudgel
    • Blackbeard / Sea Robber Cudgel
    • Lord of Onzozo / Kraken Club (Please make WHM/GEO/BLM/BRD/SMN only - other jobs can get an upgraded Joyeuse.)
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So I haven't been a fan of melee as WHM. I figured it was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. But lately I've been doing a lot of job point hunting. I've maxed out BLM and MNK, but I have a mere 124 on WHM. This is because I can solo job points pretty easily on BLM and MNK, but WHM always requires a party. I can put together a party, but I usually don't feel like it.

So I thought I might try doing some melee solo as WHM and see how that goes. Can anyone recommend a good set and maybe a good team of Trusts to go with it?
    (0)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Definitely don't need a party. Counting out Kupofried and Qultada so now you have 3 other slots, Arciela/Joachim/Ulmia. Obviously wont have Mjollnir but there's other clubs. Should have np finding.

ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    ear2 "Suppanomimi";
    neck "Asperity Necklace";
    main "Mjollnir";
    sub "Sindri";
    ammo "Vanir Battery";
    back "Rancorous Mantle";
    head "Telchine Cap";
    waist "Shetal Stone";
    ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    body "Onca Suit";
    ring2 "Petrov Ring";
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thanks Camaroz. I have some of those pieces already. No Mjollnir but I do have it mythic cousin, the Yagrush. I also impulse bought a Sharur from the auction house. I'll do some research on the other pieces.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10