Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Okay now thats exactly what i was looking to see, my imaginary set vs a real set, there are a lot of similarities which makes me feel i grasp the situation and information more solidly. I do notice it only offers 32 str which is a reasonable goal with a boost str build getting you around 20~ more. I do find it odd no brutal earing in the ear slot but honestly ive always been aware that when dual wielding it offers less improvement. What with it being a 6 hit ws +1 for offhand, leaves only 1 chance of another strike. On further consideration now too the procillio belt prevents all of the double attack offered by the brutal earing so that -would- be pretty silly, Looks solid though. Hope they start coming out with some other bodies for whm (and rdm) melee soon though cause im not going to lie, the selection is pretty poor. But thankyou for the set to compare with! It shows that i do have a grasp of what is needed, and where improvement can be made off my hypothetical set.
    (0)

Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    They nerfed it hard. The only thing I've heard about it being good is one case of word of mouth about some Mjollnir holder having it outperform Hexa Strike in very, very select circumstances. Even then I haven't seen the numbers first hand and until I get a good amount of information about that my opinion is that Realmrazer got nerfed to the point of uselessness and I will never merit it.

Edit: I'd really like someone to sell me on this if they have better numbers.
    For the most part WHM/DNC -outside- Abyssea, my Realmrazer typically does a bit more than my Hexastrike although my Hexa gear isn't 100% finished, I don't see a huge increase. Hexa spikes a lot higher though, doing anywhere from 900-2k. RR does pretty stable damage from 1.7k-2k+

Inside Abyssea with my usual DD atmas (off the top of my head I cannot recall the names. Gnarled Horn and RR for sure though) RR doesn't have an increase whereas Hexa does 4k+ on average against EM mobs that are neither weak nor resistant to club.

I simply merited RR just to have all the club WS because I'm a club nut.
    (1)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Found a most interesting video today, one of a 90WHM/NIN solo of Sedna. I'm still not sure I'm satisfied with Dagan though...
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Necroposting to bring news from the latest update!

Nabu's Jubbah

DEF:54 HP+5% MP+5% STR+10 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10 "Double Attack"+3% Haste+4%

Decent piece for that melee, but for all you Kraken Club users that Double Attack is a mixed buff. Still, pretty decent if you're trying to have a mix of STR/MND and having Haste, and great for those Dagan users (when you really, really try hard to make Dagan useful...).

Nabu's Dastanas

DEF:28 STR+7 AGI+7 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Magic Accuracy+5 Healing magic skill +12

Melee macro piece... let's compare it to our favorite holdout, the AF1+1 gloves:

Healer's Mitts +1

DEF:14 MP+15 STR+7 MND+7 Healing magic skill +15 Enmity-4

So basically, the new gloves are debatable, mostly an upgrade, situationally probably a sidegrade? SE why couldn't you just put MND+7 on those gloves and finally kill these things? Ah well, guess I'll still have to lobby for AF1+2 over and over...

Sublime Breastplate

DEF:60 STR+14 MND+14 Accuracy+13 Divine magic skill +10 Healing magic skill +10

Still can't see the model on that perfectly, but the only things this baby is missing for pure perfection is CritRate/Attack/Haste/Refresh.

This thing really is sublime. Do want. And it is a WHM only item, so they did design this for us. Do we have to fight Neo-Shen for this thing?
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That breastplate looks nice, but I'm willing to bet acquiring it will be the opposite of fun.
    (0)

dat breast
    plate
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    [...]

Nabu's Dastanas

DEF:28 STR+7 AGI+7 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Magic Accuracy+5 Healing magic skill +12

Melee macro piece... let's compare it to our favorite holdout, the AF1+1 gloves:

Healer's Mitts +1

DEF:14 MP+15 STR+7 MND+7 Healing magic skill +15 Enmity-4
    Why does everyone always forget Iuvenalis Mittens

I fear the sublime breastplate will look like the olld Holy Breastplate: Pics here
    (0)
    Last edited by Frost; 12-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Why does everyone always forget Iuvenalis Mittens
    Because Blessed Mitts +1 have more Haste and Healer's Mitts +1 are better to heal in. 6% Haste on the Iuvenalis Mittens and it would save the inventory slot for whatever sidegrade on healing magic there is so we can use that instead.
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Iuvenalis Mitts are for hammer swinging anyway, not casting.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Iuvenalis Mitts are for hammer swinging anyway, not casting.
    Yes, this much is true. However, if you are aiming for a perfect set, you want to cap that Haste, which would be the Blessed Mitts +1 (one piece), then if you want a weapon skill piece, you get to choose between the Healer's Mitts +1 or the Iuvenalis Mitts... considering Healer's Mitts are best in slot healing for the best cure set, you'd pick that since the stats on melee are identical (two pieces). In this way Iuvenalis Mittens's sidegrade status works against them. Given 1% more Haste for example would have made them a powerful piece, but instead it is just for sets that are suboptimal.

That sort of gear is really frustrating because SE is trying, but they're not quite to the point of giving WHM a real upgrade. It is like ordering ice cream and upon getting it realizing that it has been melted and refrozen.
    (1)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast