Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fame for avatar battles

Can someone please tell me the fame level that is required and where it is required to do the avatar battles? I'm new to this and everywhere I look I get a different answer, some people say that it is Fame rank 2 in Bastock/Windy/San/Norg and some say rank 6 in all of the places. Please help.
    (0)

Character
    Mezzopiano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    20 cap solo avatar fights: Rank 2-3.

Uncapped: Rank 6 (4 in Norg).

For Ifrit and Ramuh you need Windurst fame.

For Titan you need Bastok fame.

For Shiva and Garuda you need San d'Oria fame.

For Leviathan you need Norg fame. If you have enough fame to do the Utsusemi: Ichi quest, you have enough to fight Leviathan Prime.

For Fenrir, you need to do all of the other prime fights anyway.

Diabolos has no fame requirement, but you need to be past Promathia mission 3-5 to start his quest.

Alexander and Odin also have no fame requirement. To start their quests you need to have the Aht Urghan missions completed.
    (0)
    Mezzopiano of Asura

~BLM90 SCH90 SMN90~

Thanks for the post but what do you mean Uncapped rank 6? is there different versions of the avatars?
    (0)

Character
    Mezzopiano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    There are solo fights capped at level 20 and then the prime fights, which are fought with a group and have no cap.
    (0)
    Mezzopiano of Asura

~BLM90 SCH90 SMN90~

To clarify, for the solo fights, you must be on SMN. For the uncapped fights, you can go as any job.
    There are tips and tricks to help out for the solo fight though, the best being to have a high level smn use earthen ward and aerial armour, protect and shell on you before you warp to the fight^^
    Or if your high level friend is 75+ they should be able to solo the uncapped fight for you, but it's obviously not as much fun XD and you need the extra fame for that.
    (0)

Character
    Ironside
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    The solo fights are not terribly difficult if you're prepared (meds, a bit of durability from gear, etc.) though I'd like to point out that they also restrict your use of avatars aside from Carbuncle. This isn't a huge deal, since at first you'll probably only have Carbuncle anyway, but you won't be able to play the elemental wheel against the later avatars you fight.

Summing up what's been said, by myself and others: there are two different fights to obtain your basic avatars.

(1) Uncapped fights. These require fame 6 in the appropriate areas (except for Norg, which thankfully only requires 4). They can be entered by a full party, and are fairly trivial for several high-level jobs to solo. You WILL need to complete these at some point to gain access to Fenrir; if you do these fights to obtain your avatars, you'll have to complete them a second time to unlock the Fenrir quest. You will also need to do these (and Fenrir) yet again to acquire an Evoker's Ring, if you decide to take SMN that far.

(2) Capped solo fights. These require fame 2-3 in the appropriate areas. When you obtain the quest, you will be given a Mini Fork of the appropriate element. Trade this mini fork to the NPC while your job is set to Summoner, and they will teleport you straight to the proto-crystal for the fight. When you enter the fight, your level will be capped at 20 and any other avatars you have obtained will be temporarily disabled; it's just you and Carbuncle on this one. The fights are not too difficult if you are prepared and pay attention, but I'd suggest looking up a strategy for further details on the preparations. Winning these fights automatically grants you the avatar that you defeat, plus a Scroll of Instant Warp if memory serves. However, once you win, trading the Mini Fork to the NPC will no longer cause them to teleport you; some people decide to skip these fights for that purpose.

Anything I missed? (EDIT: Yes, yes there is.)

Note that this does not apply for Fenrir, Diabolos, Odin, or Alexander, as pointed out above. Each of them have their own requirements and fights, separate from the system used to unlock the primary six avatars.
    (0)

I still think you should have been allowed to use correct elementals on the level 20 cap as well. Of course their perpetuation is too high so you'd probably never had the MP to finish the fight with them. (Apart from a general x3 AF strategy)
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    NOTE : NEVER DO LV20 FIGHTS! YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CLOISTER WARP IN THE FUTURE!
    (0)

Character
    Ironside
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Cloister warps are not a big deal unless you plan to solo the higher-level avatar frequently on SMN. If you aren't soloing, you'd have to wait for the party anyway; if you don't want to be SMN, you can't cloister warp; if you aren't doing it frequently, it's probably not worth the six extra inventory slots to keep the mini forks.
    (0)

Character
    Nariae
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just a note: you don't have to keep the mini-forks for cloister warp as the npc will always give you a new one so long as you have the quest active. I have cloister warp still and it comes in handy (particularly for Shiva and Ifrit) but is not necessary.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast