Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Seriously, what a stupid thread. Hint: If you don't buy stuff for higher than I'll get from an NPC, I'm NEVER going to put it up on the AH. I don't CARE about your craft or whatever. Stop being so stingy.
    (2)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They still RMT in FFXI?
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    This thread is lame; killing one or two individual's ways of making money won't make you any richer... get over it, there are people in rl picking up garbage and turn into cash and what you gonna do about it?
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    This thread is lame; killing one or two individual's ways of making money won't make you any richer... get over it, there are people in rl picking up garbage and turn into cash and what you gonna do about it?
    http://www.1800gotjunk.com/

sue these people! They actually charge YOU to take your stuff, and then they make even more money by attempting to sell it. What a heinous crime!
    (2)

I agree that something has to be done. I mean it's obviously ruining the game right?
    (2)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nynja funny thing is tire stores Oil change place's all do the same thing. Selling used motor oil, discarded tires, paying for greese pick from restaurants. All those charge a disposal fee and turn around and sell it and make more money lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    They still RMT in FFXI?
    RMT teleport around the past harvesting stuff like Lesser Chigoes. Don't bother calling a GM cause they'll say the STF will deal with it.

Safe to say RMT will be RMT and SE doesn't really do much beyond the automatic system they set into place a while back.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Capitalism is a beautiful thing isn't it.
    Actually it isn't, but that aside, I agree that this is not an 'exploit' or anything to get hysterical about. Yes, that player is clearly botting but since SE do little to nothing about AH bots (never have, never will) no point the OP getting upset, nothing will change.
    (0)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I find it hard to believe that it's actually RMT rather than some player making money without much effort. Who would actually bother buying gil given that it's so ridiculously easy to come by, nevermind that at least for endgame there's almost nothing worthwhile that gil can buy? The bigger part of the problem with high NPC values is that the current economy is heavily inflated. Virtually all players should have a lot of gil by now, or at least what would have constituted a lot of gil a year ago or so. Like most everyone else I make a decent sum of money on whatever random crap I happen to find (mostly in gold chests) that NPCs just can't wait to buy from me. Aside form any crafting aspirations I might have there's not really anything to buy either because there's nothing purchasable that I'd want or there's no supply for the few items that can be purchased that I'd want.
    (1)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    I'll be more than happy to buy stuff on the ah and npc it (and do) to turn a profit. Their loss is my gain, thats just simple economics (for idiots).

Unless of course you want people to buy all the items then re-sell them on the auction house for more (which is an actual RMT maneuver) then I see little reason to complain.
    buy stuff at ah and npc it for a higher , buy stuff at ah and re-sell it for higher price at ah.
    i can't see a difference in that, both make a profit by ppl selling stuff cheap and they re-sell it at a higher price.
    oh wait i found one, the person who re-sells it at higher price at ah makes other ppl sell it high too.
    so if u actually buy your stuff cheap and sell them higher for npc and now someone would buy them cheap too but sells them higher at ah to get the price over the npc price, then u would complain about not being able to buy cheap and npc them for profit anymore.

anyway many ppl maybe forget that many items are used in crafts for higher items.
    so now if u take 10 items of x (named that it this way) for 2k out of the ah to sell them to npc for 2,1k each u made a 1k profit, right its not much.
    here comes the BUT this item x is used for a higher item y which sells for 20k and it has a good demand.

now the crafters can get only the x for 5-10k (purchase price at npc,because u npc the cheap supply of ah) or has to farm it, now item y costs 20k.
    now the crafters could get item x for 2k (if he is fast enough to buy them for crafting before u can do to buy them to npc) , now item can costs 15k.

i can't believe that ppl are still too stupid and still think that taking items out of supply line to npc them, doesn't effect the price / supply of other items.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast