An Asian using an NA account bought an EU version of Abyssea collection

OK here is the case

I live in Hong Kong, and I have been playing this game using an NA account

I temporary left this game in 2010 (actually because of the 3D secure payment problem)

Now I am back and ppl told me to buy the 3 abyseea add-ons.

They told me to buy the ultimate abyssea collection because of the super cool hat.

Then I tried all sites selling the NA version of the collection, all of them told me that I can't buy because my IP address is not in US.

Then I keep looking around in the internet. I saw a UK site selling the collection
    http://uk.gamesplanet.com.
    Without a thought I jump in and try to purchase.

YAY, I can finally buy the game.

I got the code now

when I try to register the code inside POL, it just keep giving me error.

Now I've just downloaded the 4.3Gb.

Can I use my NA account on my freshly installed POL and EU version of FFXI?
    (0)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This sounds like the starting lines of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?".
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropitou View Post
    This sounds like the starting lines of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?".
    Another useless reply to a thread.

OP: Yes, you can use your NA account on the EU version. I have a friend log his EU accounts off my NA version before, so I suspect it will work reverse just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yeah you're gonna need an NA code, the different region codes aren't interchangable. I have an EU account playing on an NA install and I had to buy 2 version of WotG disc; one for the code and another one just for the install files.

Amazon.com wouldn't sell you an NA version? Seems strange.

Using an EU client wont work, because when you have to put in your account password you'll get an error, you'll have to use an NA client to modify your NA account. (to clarify, you can PLAY the game on a different region, but you can't modify your account and type in codes on a different region client)
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 05-29-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Character
    Niyariko
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Go to Sino Center in MK or golden in SSP, some game shops do overseas order from US. Buy it from them instead.
    try it.
    http://bit.ly/mN8dH1
    http://bit.ly/iqpqfW

Have you also tried Playasia?
    (0)
    Last edited by Niyariko; 05-29-2011 at 03:32 AM.
    recently returned player

Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyariko View Post
    Go to Sino Center in MK or golden in SSP, some game shops do overseas order from US. Buy it from them instead.
    try it.
    http://bit.ly/mN8dH1
    http://bit.ly/iqpqfW

Have you also tried Playasia?
    OP isn't asking where to buy a copy. OP stated he already purchased his codes, and is installing the new version. He wants to know if his NA account will work on the EU version. He was answered. /thread
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Yeah you're gonna need an NA code, the different region codes aren't interchangable. I have an EU account playing on an NA install and I had to buy 2 version of WotG disc; one for the code and another one just for the install files.

Amazon.com wouldn't sell you an NA version? Seems strange.

Using an EU client wont work, because when you have to put in your account password you'll get an error, you'll have to use an NA client to modify your NA account. (to clarify, you can PLAY the game on a different region, but you can't modify your account and type in codes on a different region client)
    Do you mean that after I install the EU version of the game, I can logon with my NA account?

since the collection I bought should activates all the EXP and addons.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
    Do you mean that after I install the EU version of the game, I can logon with my NA account?

since the collection I bought should activates all the EXP and addons.
    yes you will be able to play the game on an EU client with your NA account, but to register expansion codes and buy/cancel extra content IDs etc you'll have to log in with an NA client. If you already have the NA client installed you'd be better off sticking with that one rather than installing everything again.

The EU codes you bought won't work with your NA account. You're gonna have to either buy NA codes or get on the phone with SE tech support to see if they can trade codes with you or something.
    (0)

Only NA expansion codes can add expansions to NA accounts. You can play on any client on any platform with an account from any region. You can only register expansions and change account information on a client from the region of your account, with codes from the region of your account. Those of us that started before NA release with JP accounts must always buy expansions from Japan, as no other codes will work. We must input billing information in JP POL Viewer, we can't do it from the NA or EU Viewer.

As such, your EU code is only good for making a new EU account, it can't do anything for your NA account. You have to get someone to buy the NA version for you and mail you the code, or you have to find a source to sell you the NA version. Amazon won't ship software (or digitally distribute it) outside of the region it is intended for. Welcome to the world of region locks.
    (1)