Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

XBOX360 (FFXI-3001) Support needed

Okay, please read the entire post before replying. FFXI-3001 (THIS GOES FOR SE EMPLOYEES TOO)

*Tried forwarding ports 25,80,110,443,50000-65535 On router.
    *Tried Factory defaulting router
    *Enabled DMZ
    *Called ISP, everything is fine.
    *NAT is enabled
    *Tried turning router firewall off
    *Ran Check files on POL and FFXI
    *Reinstalled FFXI
    *Reset router
    *unplugged router for 2 minutes
    *waited 25 hours before log in
    *Assigned a static IP that was not the original. IE 192.168.1.100 -> 192.168.1.110 and set port forward to the new address. No dice.

And now the facts.

*Happens only in East Ron
    *Can log on to mules just fine
    *ONLY East ron is affected
    *No files came up corrupted
    *SE sent me a useless, generic letter about port forwarding
    *Again, not port forwarding, my mules load fine, it is ONLY East Ron
    *I am on an Xbox360

Any other ideas?

*EDIT* Nothing has changed for the past 3 YEARS, and this all of a sudden happened.
    *EDIT 2* Moved my character from East Ron on friends PC, worked just fine after. Rezoned to East ron, same problem.
    *EDIT 3* Was able to log into my character through my friend laptop using MY network instead of his, worked just fine with no problems. IE: It is NOT my router. Tried again on my Xbox, and got stuck again.
    *EDIT 4* EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE has began. I will again attempt to log in. If I am still stuck, I will move the character from the infected zone by PC, then reenter infected zone on Xbox to see if POL has indeed fixed this issue. I'll keep this updated.
    *EDIT 5* Maintenance did not fix the problem, I zoned back in to East Ron and I got stuck again.
    *EDIT 6* Was told by someone formatting your entire HDD fixes this issue.(What?) Attempting to reformat Xbox HDD, and commencing reinstall of the game, I'll keep you all updated.
    *EDIT 7* Formatted Xbox HDD, reinstalled FFXI, performing the massive update.
    *EDIT 8* Reinstall and game launch successful, however it did not fix the problem, and I am still stuck. NEXT....

Current Status: Canceled Account.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dellilah; 06-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Yes, i've had same prob, fixed it by buying PC verison, and logging in as guest, moved char. logged off PC verison then poped on xbox. Same isp address, btw its notyour ports normally, i've had no prob since fix as of 23th of 5th month
    (0)

oh yea but i dont go to that zone, havent tried yet, hmm prob will wait till a update, didnt think bout it, took different route after my fix, wow hope im not screwed from that zone burb.penn.
    (0)

Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpsycho View Post
    oh yea but i dont go to that zone, havent tried yet, hmm prob will wait till a update, didnt think bout it, took different route after my fix, wow hope im not screwed from that zone burb.penn.
    Certainly seems like Burb Penn is one of the zones mostly affected, I see it quite a lot in FFXI-3001posts on the web, I have not tried to enter this area myself though. And quite frankly I am hesitant to.

This is obviously a SE problem, why wont they address it as such?
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm having the same problem currently on Cerberus. I've been having issues entering Dynamis-Xarcabard. Every time I go in, the screen stops at downloading data and eventually times out. Every time I try to log back in, it continues to bring me to the downloading data screen and times back out with FFXI-3001 error. I can still log onto my alternate characters just fine.

So I called a GM on my mule, got an automated message to go to the support website. Sent an email, waited a few days and finally just called them. FFXI customer service has been like drilling a hole in my head. I get the same scripted message of blaming it on my ISP or firewall for not allowing me to connect to the server that Dynamis-Xarcabard is on. I know it's not my firewall, I disabled them temporarily just to check. I've also made sure all the ports that FFXI travels on are open. I've even tried logging in on another computer and my PS3. I performed a check files through POL viewer and clean installed the game entirely.

I read on other forums that people were getting around it by logging in with a different IP, because SE logs your IP for security purposes. Hearsay, but I'm pretty convinced that's the case. Because the only thing that got me out of "FFXI Limbo" was to resort to having someone in-game log in as me and warp me out. Which worked because of the difference in IP.

I have Comcast and nothing so far working with the Comcast representatives will change my IP address. So FFXI customer support told me over the phone "We're sorry but according to the terms of service, your ISP is your responsibility. So if they cannot change your IP address, then you cannot continue service with us." Been here since day 1 of the English beta and they won't even allow a GM to move me because they don't deem this a software glitch or even admit it's their problem. Even though the whole thing is SE's fault for logging my IP that is forcing the server to think I'm still online.

I could give out my info again to a player online via one of my mules but I really didn't like doing that the first time. Plus I don't think I'd want to continue playing the game without access to Dynamis.
    (0)

Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Rwolf,

After spending much time thinking about the problem, I decided that since nothing has changed in years with my account, and the only two possibilities are SE and Comcast. It seems a lot of this has to do with Comcast users that is not easily fixed by resetting your router. Unfortunately, comcast is the best internet in the area here, and I don't have much choice.

I am canceling my account, and finding another game.
    (0)

I am bumping this thread because it NEEDS to be seen and REPLIED to. Too many people are having this issue. I should not have to give my login info to ANYONE so that I can get my character unstuck only to not be able to return to the affected area.
    (0)

Character
    Syna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    ya really i'm haveing the same problem but mine is in sky i cant play my main account and i'm on my mule right now and it works just fine and i also play on xbox also and everytime i log on into sky it loads then freezes
    (0)