Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Yes. Your only real defense is not to let the Astral Flow and the 2 Hr resolve.

If it can wipe entire Dynamis parties, it can kill you rather easily.
    Wrong.

Like most things in the game, players can survive Astral Flow if adequately prepared and ready for it.

On another note, I'm always happy to see questions like Juri's. It helps everyone discuss, learn, and improve.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Yes. Your only real defense is not to let the Astral Flow and the 2 Hr resolve.

If it can wipe entire Dynamis parties, it can kill you rather easily.
    Yeah... no.

Eeek made a good point; MDT gear is not hard to get, nor is it hard to make a 4-5 line macro for basic MDT gear (earrings/rings/twilight torque). From experience, MDT makes a good deal of difference; recently I invested in an MDT set for my BLU (Coral Visor/Scale Mail/Finger Gauntlets+1/Cuisses+1/Greaves+1/Twilight Torque/4% MDT ring) and it's saved me a couple of times, especially in my soloing when sometimes you can't stun and have to eat a nuke to the face.

That aside, if you haven't had a chance or don't have the gil at the moment to get a basic MDT set/don't have a healer friend that can tag along/don't want to beg a Shell off of a healer you come across/don't have resistance atma then yes, Starcade's right. Eating Astral Flow is not fun by any stretch, and will more likely than not show you to your dirt nap. However, the items to at very least craft this gear are usually cheap, and if you shout for a bonecrafter, offer maybe a 2k tip (That's how much I generally tip, 2-3k as a thanks for a crafter to take their time to attempt my stuff) you'll likely get some gear before long.

Also who wipes to avatars in Dyna anymore? o_O Sleep the avatar, kill summoner, no AF to the face. Of course recent experience dictates that you'll get the guy who thinks its a good idea to diaga or accidentally attacks the avatar once in a while... x_x;
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2