Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

Empyrean weapons are now standard equipment.

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Empyreans are now so easy, and their performance so far beyond "normal" weapons that if a job doesn't have one it is essentially gimped. They are simple enough to upgrade that they can be considered standard equipment now.

Especially now that leveling has become so fast, the couple weeks to upgrade your empyrean once you reach lvl 90 can be considered part of leveling a job.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now tell that to everyone who doesn't dual-box, doesn't play 5+ hours a day, and doesn't have a linkshell willing to devote so much time specifically toward them. So, while they're more common than Mythics are Relics, they're certainly not standard.
    (17)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Still depends on the job.
    (1)

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Empyreans are now so easy, and their performance so far beyond "normal" weapons that if a job doesn't have one it is essentially gimped. They are simple enough to upgrade that they can be considered standard equipment now.
    This I think is why they won't be upgradable past 90, they are just way too common and easy to get.

Now tell that to everyone who doesn't dual-box, doesn't play 5+ hours a day, and doesn't have a linkshell willing to devote so much time specifically toward them. So, while they're more common than Mythics are Relics, they're certainly not standard.
    If you are trying to accomplish an Emp in a LS and you don't lead it or aren't in the active players clique you're doing it wrong. Make a couple of friends and work on emps together, easy, fast and very rewarding.
    (1)

LMAO!
    LMAO!
    Your Joking right?
    I do NOT consider Empyrean weapons "Standard"
    Just cause you had an easy time to get it doesn't mean everyone else has the same experience as you have.

I played this game since 2006 and let me tell you, I do NOT have 1 Empyrean Weapon in my name at all.
    I play my main jobs very well, and I do not have time to camp NMs several times when I could be doing something else durring my free time.

If anything, "Elemental Trail weapons" are standard since I and some other people with less time can actually accomplish them without having to camp or kill PH for an NM to kill several times.

Also, AF3+1 I think is standard since anyone can shout for a 3-4 group of people or get 3 good friends to help with seals. And the Gear you buy from Cruor that people call "noob gear" is also standard since they have very good stats.

I got almost all my jobs AF3+1 gear, And I got some good Elemental trail weapons upgraded, So are you saying I am "Gimped" for not having to put up with the Empyrean weapons?

Really?
    Sorry I disagree here.

I take my jobs seriously, but that doesn't mean I need to have Empyrean Weapons as a standard weapon to prove that.
    My skills and AF3+1 gear will speak for itself durring party play and solo play.

Later
    (18)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Character
    Nours
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 94
    If you can get 3 friends to help you with AF3+1, I'm sure you can find one to get an empyrean because that's all it takes.
    (1)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I work 5 days a week with only any real time to play on the weekends. I finished a Farsha in a month. The only real stretch was 12 hours straight in Vunkrel for the last 30 Bukhis Wings I needed.

Other then that it was pretty easy to do. I Duo'd/Trio'd all 50 of my Fistule Charges and Bukhis for the 1st set of Wings, I 5 manned it easily.
    (1)
    Last edited by SNK; 05-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Still depends on the job.
    It might depend on the job, but Empyreans are more readily available.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i don't see the need for everyone to get one, i'm a full time summoner and i don't like any other job, the ele -perp staffs are better then any emp weapon on the sole fact that its for once geared towards out jobs. I always see people saying emp can be made in a week but i have to agree with some on this board, only if you have the man power backing you.

My wife and myself duo most stuff and that makes it somewhat easier but there are still some NM's that the jobs we have just doesn't cut it.

In the end it isn't the gear that makes a good player, it only makes up for the lack of skill. A skill player can have crap gear but if they know their job can run circles around those who don't.

I saw a summoner with all +2 gear and hell even the Nirvana lvl 90 and outside abyssea they were out of mp in what seemed like 5min's while myself with just the +1 gear and only titan's staff completed was up and running for the whole fight without rest and only needed 1 syphon.
    (4)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I had to LOL at this, thinking it was a Friday morning thread. Emp will never be standard because of the time it takes to obtain them. AFv3+1 I can understand is standard now for some jobs. What next are you going to tell us that Relics/mythics (once they get their boost) will be standard. Think before you post.
    (4)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast