Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    the system doesn't seem to have changed at all...
    the breaking point on gold medallions seems to still be 50 and 2000 posts.
    I think they gave us a digital placebo.

I disagree with you in entirety GV, any system of rank in a community should be an average consensus by the community of the validity of the information you have set forth.
    Anything else is just a waste of coding time.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I like having the cute lil' gold medal next to my name...it makes me feel important lol (kidding)

On a serious note...I have never understood why if the devs have time to play around with cosmetic things on these forums, they keep telling us for various things that it would take too much time or effort or w/e....I personally would be willing to sacrifice a little cosmetic forum-ness for some of the changes I've seen the devs say would take too much time.

PS. Maybe the medals would be more useful if they reflected how many likes your posts have gotten? That way they'd be a measure of the overall quality of your posts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bubeeky; 06-10-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    I think it's a simple matter...

They have a plan, set forth by the idea team...

Dev Team:
    alterations are out of budget...
    player feedback is out of budget...
    suggestions are out of budget...
    enhancements not listed in the plan are out of budget...
    quality of life is out of budget...
    anything listed in the forum's "Jobs" section is out of budget...

forum editing/alterations/upgrades/downgrades must fall under a different team

hehe
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetra View Post
    I disagree with you in entirety GV,
    Maybe you aren't getting that I don't like the medal stuff at all in any form its been in thus far? Because I'm pretty sure we agree in that this isn't optimal. It's like a "lesser evil"; any evil is still evil.

any system of rank in a community should be an average consensus by the community of the validity of the information you have set forth. Anything else is just a waste of coding time.
    Basing it on anything the user (or their friends/puppets accounts) can exert control over is still gonna have problems any way you slice it. SE should always decide whats final, not consensus by the players it has to moderate.

I think they gave us a digital placebo.
    Look player, shiny object!
    (1)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 06-10-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalVariable View Post
    Maybe you aren't getting that I don't like the medal stuff at all in any form its been in thus far? Because I'm pretty sure we agree in that this isn't optimal. It's like a "lesser evil"; any evil is still evil.

Basing it on anything the user (or their friends/puppets accounts) can exert control over is still gonna have problems any way you slice it. SE should always decide whats final, not consensus by the players it has to moderate.
    This I do agree with, my stance on the matter is that they may as well make it something that can be abused the least since I'm sure they'll never actually get rid of it.

Look player, shiny object!
    YAY!!!!

oh wait..

curses, fooled again!!
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Whats the point in the Medallions again?
    (1)

Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    That's a very good question, possibly a method to track abusers of the Like system...
    That would be a funny thing, 1 week from now...
    "the top 50 Medallion holders have been banned for blatant abuse of the forum"
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Non serious answer:
    Shiny object.
    It is the only known weakness of the MMO player you know.
    See also: dynamis map thread, lol

Serious answer:
    Many other forums tend to have something similar based off post count. Zam uses stars. This thread seems to have made them decide not to base it off post count.

If they really want to get creative and create a lot of extra work for themselves, they could make each medal show based on some kind of complex point system based on certain in game achievements. I'd probably have just made it based on how long you've been a POL member since that seems an easy non abuse-able thing (as an admin elsewhere I've ceased being shocked at what people will do for imaginary things that don't matter and if were me I'd not want to babysit the system).
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4