Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95

Adjust the use of the Medallion icon

Having a medallion icon showing activity is nice, but is rather useless due to many people spamming the forum with bad posts.

It may be more useful if it tracked something like the amount of "Like"s a person has received.. That way when a person sees a post by someone with a high medallion count, they will know the information should be a little more reliable.

~ Thoughts?
    (10)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Then they would simply and arbitrarily spam the like bottom regardless of the post's actual content. Can't you still "like" your own posts here?
    I do have a question though. They seem to cap at gold/silver/silver/silver/silver. Is they true? Why?
    (2)

Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    As far as I know, liking your own posts is no longer an option
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It would seem so.
    And I just answered my other question too. Double gold at 2k.
    (1)

I think it's pretty pointless to make the medallions be based on simply the post count. We can already see the post count, so there's no need to also have it represented visually. I think it would be better if it was based on likes received, or a function of post count and amount of likes.
    (5)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Personally, I'd remove them entirely. They don't do much except encourage the kind of post count circle-jerking that plagues many forums, and as already mentioned every post lists someone's number already anyway. For my part, I just shut them down with adblock, and have a filter in place that removes the join/post info too: square-enix.com#dl(class=userinfo_extra)
    (4)

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Definitely some good ones We will be implementing a variety of new features as time goes on, so please look forward to them and continue to let us know your opinions!
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the problem with the medal icons is they correlate directly to post count, which is listed right below the medals. If things like the total number of likes people have given your posts were included, they would have more meaning. (you can't like your own posts anymore, so this is fine)
    (3)

People are probably going to spam regardless of the medals being tied to their post count or not. For some reason some epeen over how many posts they have. The like button idea wouldnt be a bad idea since you cant self like your own posts anymore.
    (4)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    The only problem with that though, is that it takes 2 people collaborating with each other to spam each other's posts with likes.

For example: Akujima and Panthera. Those two agree on anything they say, so I wouldn't doubt it that they like each other's posts. I know they did it in that one thread that they were arguing against everyone else there.
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast