Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

HQ king triggers

I'm not sure if this was intended, but this doesnt really make sense. Last night I killed two Behemoths, stacked Treasure Hunter up to 10 and 11 (while doing the majority of the fight with only Sneak and Trick attack as "damage dealt with either the "Sneak Attack" or "Trick Attack" ability will have a greater likelihood of enhancing this trait", which were your words straight from the patch notes). I didnt get any KB pop items, but hey I did get 2 hides and a Thundercloud each time. I've killed Fafnir 3x while getting TH up to 8-10, no Nidhogg pop items. I killed Adamantoise 6x, without raising TH, and I've gotten two pop items...was partial luck as they were both back to back.

And its not just me, because there are a lot of other people who are questioning the drop rate.
    "i been to fights where we have 3 THFs and RNG applying TH to lvl 16 and still no trigger lol"
    "TH7, TH9, TH11 and 0/3 trigger for Nidhogg. "
    "We had TH9-11 on every mob. Still 1 drop in 8 pops.... "

Is there any reason for the atrocious drop rate at all? 99 Kindred Seals arent exactly something someone can farm in a day, and spending 30 minutes on what should be a 5 minute fight attempting to stack TH isnt helping either with HQ pop items.

Whats the plan? Wait till everyone burns their Kindred Seals, and then announce the drop rate on HQ triggers is lower than intended?
    (22)

Your sample size sucks. Come back after you have a couple hundred of TH and no TH.
    (3)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Player
    Well then here's more to add to your sampling!

My ls did about 10 Adamantoise and the HQ dropped at a decent rate, may have been 4 or 5 of the 10. Then we did about the same amount of Behemoths with 0 HQ triggers dropping. Have yet to get around to wyrm/faf/nid.

The whole thing is made even stranger because basically the entire weird process is for nothing but getting a Black Belt now.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Your sample size sucks. Come back after you have a couple hundred of TH and no TH.
    Brilliant idea...so you want a "couple hundred of TH and no TH"...lets say 500 each? I've already referenced 22 fights with TH, with a 3/22 drop rate (13%)

So if you want 500 more kills with 0 TH and another 478 with TH, please feel free to donate the remaining 96822 kindred seals necessary to satisfy your stupid "sample size".

oops, I need to add Gwynplaine's drop rates.

with TH (presumed): 7/42 (16.6%)
    (15)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    feel free to actually do work instead of coming here complaing that your 22 pops didnt all drop what you wanted

welcome to ffxi, have we met before?
    (5)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    So if you want 500 more kills with 0 TH and another 478 with TH, please feel free to donate the remaining 96822 kindred seals necessary to satisfy your stupid "sample size".
    Nope. You're the one who came here to stir up shit because you didn't get what you wanted. I just suggested that you do more KSNM99s to validate your complaint that the droprate is terribad.

Seals aren't terribly hard to come by. Form an alliance with some friends in a 70+ zone, rampage for a couple hours, have 1 person lot every seal and you have yourself a stack.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Nope. You're the one who came here to stir up shit because you didn't get what you wanted. I just suggested that you do more KSNM99s to validate your complaint that the droprate is terribad.

Seals aren't terribly hard to come by. Form an alliance with some friends in a 70+ zone, rampage for a couple hours, have 1 person lot every seal and you have yourself a stack.
    No. And his aren't the only numbers, there's many more people complaining in many more threads (and they also have numbers). It adds up.
    (9)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Figure i'll add my statistic here like i did in the other 2 threads:

1/8 behemoth tongue, 1/8 KB pop
    1/10 wyrm beard. 1/8 nidhogg pop, 0/8 ridill. nidhogg only dropped dalmatica abjuration.
    (2)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    this sounds a whole hell of a lot like the, "DID THEY CHANGE DROP RATE ON RIDILL" after one drop day after maint.
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    feel free to actually do work instead of coming here complaing that your 22 pops didnt all drop what you wanted

welcome to ffxi, have we met before?
    Once again, for a modified event that requires 99 kindred seals to initiate, with current reported drop rate of 14%*, means for a chance at fighting a HQ king, presuming the law of patterns holds true, will take an average of 693 KS. With the knowledge that only 1 BS or KS can drop per 5 minutes (Do Crests factor in as well?), presuming a 50% distribution between BS and KS and solo farming, that will take about 6930 minutes, or 115.5 hours, or almost 5 days of non stop farming.

But you're right, welcome to FFXI where you have to work for your stuff. Kind of funny coming from someone who looks like they've worked for all the gear they dont have. This is you, right?

*Previous drop rate updated:
    7/42
    I killed two more Behemoths, no KB pop (7/44)
    Raksha: "1/8 KB pop, 1/8 nidhogg pop" (9/60) 15%
    Karb: 1/3 N, 0/4KB, 0/3 A (10/70) 14%
    (7)
    Last edited by Nynja; 05-26-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast