(0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    btw, with all your math, you failed hard, you forgot to add the counterpoint, which would be, you stand in DA for 3 hours a day for the "chance" to fight, not knowing whether it will be fafnir or nidhogg (which by the way cant spawn until day 5 anyways and ive seen him go 2 weeks without popping)

so with that taken into consideration, i do not feel bad at all that this is a rare drop

OH NOES I HAVE TO DO WORK TO GET SOMETHING GOOD TO HAPPEN

be happy that you have a chance to fight either of them without competition, or just QQ more that SE isnt just handing out dalmy's and adaberk's
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So even if it takes "two weeks" to spawn (and the most I've seen is up to D11, and anything past D8 is a pretty rare nonoccurence) and takes the full 3 hour windows every day, that's still 42 hours of time, not 115.
    (4)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    so, your taking the QQ route, kk, just making sure
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If the point of this change was to make shit drop less they could have done it without wasting our k.seals.
    (4)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    so, your taking the QQ route, kk, just making sure
    Yup, exactly...
    And in regards to the "gear you dont have" comment, I linked your ffxiah profile, and your equipment history seemed to have zero pieces of any AF3

I still fail to understand how you think I'm some scrubby 2008 player who just started and is whining because I'm not getting 100% drop rates on HQ kings pops. I already HAVE my BB, for both my main and my Vere mule (yes, my ALTERNATE account has an empyrian weapon). I already have an E.Bd, I dont need Dalmatica, I got a Ridill from one of my 3 Faf's I did but I dont really care for it, havent used it...I dont care for D.Ring since it is a myth. But just because I dont have use for them, doesnt mean the remaining playerbase isnt vying for some of these outdated items for novelty sake, or the thrill of low manning the fight possibly.

I made this post because I was attempting to address if this is the drop rate SE wanted, because right now this drop rate is akin to 2005 Sea. Lately, they've had a good track record of actually communicating with the community, as well as letting people actually enjoy content instead of hoping to ball and chain players with 1% drop rates. But when theres a collective of people saying they've had subpar luck with HQ kings triggers despite bringing multiple thieves and attempting to raise TH effect to 10++++ (which takes a long time and relies on luck), something has to be said.

Instead of coming here going "sample size u suck QQ moar noob", keep your trap shut if you think things are ok as they are. Or...*places my hand on my forehead* maybe my presentation is wrong./thinks, Maybe I should be more giddy and (b^_^)b face like and be a big attention wh... ^______^ because /dance it always works. Or...I shudd tlk lik thsi n rreprot teh pstos who dotn agreo wiht me.

Looking at some of the other posts that are on these boards, I think "hey, is everything ok with the HQ drop rates, because numerous players have had subpar luck despite raising TH levels" is kinda constructive and useful compared to some things I've seen on these boards.
    (14)
    Last edited by Nynja; 05-27-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    youre absolutely right, i dont have any af3+2 pieces, reason being, i quit for almost 2 years, but that makes no difference to such an elite player as yourself right, you got all yours in what 2, 3 days?

and i will come back again and again letting you know that you are QQ'ing, hard, personally, i have everything i need from nid, or did you not see that on my ffxiah profile, oh whats that you say? you cant see ALL my gear on ffxiah, interesting, interesting indeed, meaning that you also took a small sample size of my gear and equated that to my overall gear quality, you sir are indeed a winnar at all things math, and since you want to break things down into numbers, let me do some more for you,

so, taking your number of 115 hours to get one nidhogg pop, that equates at 3 hours per day, to almost 39 days, and in that 39 days you also are guaranteed to fight 7 fafnirs, so to make things easier, lets say it only takes a month (unless that math doesnt work for you), so in one month you are guaranteed (in your math) to fight 7 fafnirs and one nidhogg, which in a good ls (and i think you know what i mean by "good") thats right about on par with how they system was before, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT NOW EVERYONE ON THE SERVER HAS THE SAME CHANCE

i really dont understand why this is such a problem, the gear off nid is still good, especially with augments now, and honestly with einharjar, you do know you can get abj's off this right, just checking, because with this event, faf and kb are the only 2 worth fighting anymore, but since as you say ridill you have, and defending ring is a myth, what are you doing trying for these anyways

right, its for something to QQ about, man up, quit complaining, and be happy that SE is finally doing away with a system that was broken before it started
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    and yes, i do believe, GIVEN A ACCEPTABLE SAMPLE, that drop rate threads are understandable, but as was said before, even with all the additions to your sample, we do not have a acceptable sample yet

reason being, you cannot add behemoth, fafnir, and adamantoise into one pool, they are each seperate and need their own sample size

and also, some people just have terribad luck, that has to be figured into this as well, i know someone that walked into dynamis xarcabard, killed (and i use that term very loosely, as they wiped and left) the first set of mobs and got a valor surcoat, as for me though, it took me prolly over 200 xarcabard runs before i saw my first one drop

but im sure youre going to be coming back here telling me how im wrong and that your sample size is completely right and doesnt need anymore numbers to back up your claim, and that they should make hq pop item 100%
    (0)

Why do you keep double posting?

Is it so hard to put it all i one post >__>? Or are you trying to spam your post count higher. There is an Edit button...

Also, Why are you whining about people whining on a forum for a game you quit 2 years ago? I can understand "keeping up with the game" to see if its improving/etc or wanting to come back. But bickering on a forum with someone regarding content you have not experienced or know nothing of outside of maybe a few topics/reading seems foolish.

(I'm assuming you haven't tried new kings because you quit 2 years ago, But if you have, Its a different story)
    (8)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-27-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast