Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    40000 seals at 1 seal every 5 minutes. You can't tell if it's going to be a KS or BS (50/50), so it's actually 1 seal every 10 minutes in an optimal case. Realistically, you'd probably get about 1 seal every 14 minutes even killing the weakest possible monsters that drop KS at the maximum possible rate. If you team up, you're still limited by one seal every 5 minutes.

40,000 KS ~= 400 RL (playtime) days of farming

You're right. This is much better than before, where you wouldn't get the D-ring because you couldn't claim the monster. Now you get to waste over a year worth of RL time farming seals to also not have a D-ring. Improvements abound!

PS. If you can't claim, don't camp on good intentions. That's stupid. My friends and I don't bot, but we also didn't camp because we weren't retarded.
    (5)

Character
    Cursedls
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    lol why shoud he want a D ring after all, playing full pink armor is already good.
    This forum was made exactly for what we'r talking about.
    you just trolling too hard.
    (1)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Now you get to waste over a year worth of RL time farming seals to also not have a D-ring. Improvements abound!
    inb4: well you'd only average 1 D.Ring per year, and atleast this time you can guarantee claim on KB
    pre-reply: except camping KB took at most 3 hours per day, with only having to pay attention for at most 10 minutes, instead of farming for 17 hours a day every day.
    (4)

4. 06-03-2011 02:41 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Cursedls
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    lack of valid arguments ? childish sentence ? nonsense despit what everyone say ?
    yes i think everyone see what kind of guy you are and what you are trying to do.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    In biology we almost always go with N < 10 as long as the p value is less than .05. If the data is difficult to obtain (mutant frequency of 1:8 or less) and the system yields a low number of offspring (in mice we average 8 embryos a litter), your p value indicates that your data has less than a 5% probability of occurring by chance, and you have multiple types of experiments that validate your overall hypothesis then your N value is acceptable. Arguing that the sample size is invalid because N is limited by the large time required to generate it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure a larger sample size is always better but you should be able to look at trends before you've finished sampling and form a hypothesis about the outcome.
    (3)

Character
    Rocl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    In biology we almost always go with N < 10 as long as the p value is less than .05. If the data is difficult to obtain (mutant frequency of 1:8 or less) and the system yields a low number of offspring (in mice we average 8 embryos a litter), your p value indicates that your data has less than a 5% probability of occurring by chance, and you have multiple types of experiments that validate your overall hypothesis then your N value is acceptable. Arguing that the sample size is invalid because N is limited by the large time required to generate it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure a larger sample size is always better but you should be able to look at trends before you've finished sampling and form a hypothesis about the outcome.
    I have no idea what you just said but I agree.
    (5)

Character
    Kiokaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    aww i love it, your tears make me stronger, and the fact that i dont even have to reply, means you understand what im saying, agree with it, but you just have to cry about something
    I have to say you really are a troll straight and to the point and not a scientist at all perhaps Psuedo-Science is your cup of tea like most people.

The drop rate is bad but to play devils advocate its not like we didn't see that coming.

I have similar results after 26,000 KS worth of pops for my LS we got 2 Black Belts completed and 1/3. Also we found that when we DIDN'T put TH on the NM's we got pops for the Kings almost 100% I think 1 fight we didn't get a HQ pop without TH when someone in my LS said hey lets try this without TH it was his pop so we went for it and HQ Pop then I went and HQ pop, it sounds weird... but it is what it is. Lots of abjurations and of course 0 Ridill's (That at least remains the same <sarcasm>) 26 NQ pops 16 HQ pops 7 total BB Items and 20 or so abjurations of which only 1 was wanted.

Now before the trolls start to post some snide comments do you want me to lay this out in a matrix and prepare a white paper with my results....
    (1)

Back when kings were random spawns, even against the best bots, if you got 18 random people people together and spammed for claim during windows, you would get at least 1 every week.

Doing this was better odds of getting KB then having those same 18 people farm KS's for 3 hours a day then doing all the NQ's to try and get a KB pop.

now go away Sureal, and just know that you're wrong.
    (3)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    see what happens when you do actual work, you get results

i personally dont care about the drop rate, dont care about the defending ring, dont care about any of it

what i do care about is people bitching and crying about things they havent put in the work to get the real results for, if you dont like that i actually appreciate SE doing SOMETHING after 8 years of the same old crap, well thats your problem, but this still boils down to QQ'ing about not having what you want
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post

i personally dont care about the drop rate, dont care about the defending ring, dont care about any of it

what i do care about is people bitching and crying about things they havent put in the work to get the real results for, if you dont like that i actually appreciate SE doing SOMETHING after 8 years of the same old crap, well thats your problem, but this still boils down to QQ'ing about not having what you want
    You realize people were QQing about not getting what they want before right? Or do you think adding drops to einherjar just came out of the blue? You think this kings change just came out of the blue also?

Anyone who reads BG knows nynja is an asshole, but he's right this time. Drop rate is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by SubDragon View Post
    Now before the trolls start to post some snide comments do you want me to lay this out in a matrix and prepare a white paper with my results....
    I would, actually. At least present it in a more readable fashion so that it's easier to add to our running tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    You realize the only drops he got were ones you could already get in einherjar or ks99 anyway right?
    (3)
    Last edited by Raksha; 06-03-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast