Player

Key items to pop NMs in Abyssea.

I personally feel that a NM needing more than one KI to spawn it is a little overboard. Especially for NMs like Chloris where you need 4 items total. Especially since in this example you need it's item drops for Emp weapons.

Perhaps you could make it so that each of the items needed to spawn a NM will spawn it, but you only ever need one of them. In the example above... all 4 key items will spawn Chloris, but you only need one of them.

I just think this would make things less "annoying" since you are timed in Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I can live with the amount of triggers needed. But what I'm concerned about is that we got 3 ??? to spawn Chloris but one keyitem is a timed pop sieged by nearly the half zone (and on Odin primetime that are round about 50-70 people just doing this). Same goes for every other NM to name one Gukumaz in Misareaux.
    (0)

Player
    That was the point in making multiple KIs spawn NMs individually. So that if one of the KIs is over camped you could simply move to a less camped KI.

Although if SE would simply remove the time limit from things like Abyssea and Dynamis (really, why do these things have time limits to begin with) that might solve some of the problem with things being over camped maybe.
    (0)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Removing the time limits wouldn't solve the overcamping problem. It would probably exacerbate it since people would idle in Abyssea all the time to keep lights, exp chains, etc. and leisurely camp NMs while doing something else between pops (I'm sure people already do this, but it can only go on for so long). Most NMs that require multiple KIs to pop have at least one or two that are really easy to get. The idea is that the more desirable NMs require more than a tiny bit of effort to spawn, though I agree Chloris is a bit overboard. Most other NMs are reasonable with just 3 NMs, give or take, to spawn them.
    (0)

Question, im fairly new to this abyssea NM pop etc, i do understand some of the basics of it but...
    Once obtaning these pop items or KI's to pop an nm, do they dissapear after the pop / win?

In other words do i need to gather those KI's / pop items again if i need multiple drops from an NM?

If yes, then...wtf?...thats just plain messed up imo.

I'd rather have slower leveling up otions than not having such items as perament KI's.

- Laugh
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You want a beer, you scrounge up 5 dollars, you get your beer. Do you get to keep your 5 dollars? No...
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    That was the point in making multiple KIs spawn NMs individually. So that if one of the KIs is over camped you could simply move to a less camped KI.

Although if SE would simply remove the time limit from things like Abyssea and Dynamis (really, why do these things have time limits to begin with) that might solve some of the problem with things being over camped maybe.
    It doesn't work to alleviate the congestion. There comes a point when you already have the rest of the popset and only need that specific one. then you get to either wait in line or start a claim war for that 1 needed item. the term is "bottleneck", something that chokes the flow down to a crawl foranyone hoping to pass that point. and yes, it IS a problem.
    (0)