Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Store Tp V, Zanshin, Sekkanoki

How come we didn't get Store Tp V at level 90, only seems natural that we should have got it. We got Store Tp I at lvl 10, Store Tp II at lvl 30, Store Tp III at lvl 50, Store Tp IV at lvl 70, but at lvl 90 no Store Tp V when we got an enhancement every 20 lvls before.

Not getting any enhancements to Zanshin suprises me as well since are Unkai armors based off this trait would have thought we would have got Zanshin II at some point after 75 having a set proc based off a 45% zanshin rate seems rather low and unbalanced compared to other jobs set procs on their emperian armor.

Are any other samurais annoyed by every other job getting Sekkanoki from Samurai as a sub job.Some skillchain masters we are when most every other job makes better use out of this job ability far surpassing our damage. I thought other jobs were supposed to catch up to Samurai by lvl 99 not take leaps and bounds past it.

I know most people won't agree with my comments about sekkanoki because the love the damage they can do my friend can do back to back ukko's furys for 6k dmg with sekkanoki due to how the weaponskill modifiers work for it, and as samurai to get the same effect were forced to wear our Unkai Kote +2 to reap the full benefits of our weaponskills essentially making samurai as a subjob more appealing then samurai as a main job.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's the same for almost every job though. There's so much great Double Attack gear that Warriors can't obtain, and Berserk, Warrior's trademark ability, was always available from sub, same for Defender and Provoke. Same goes for Thief, TH gear that THF can't wear, SA/TA available from sub, and the same thing goes for most melee and mage jobs. Agreed about the AF3+2 set bonus though, that is a very, very small bonus compared to most other AF3+2 gear.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

I always thought the SAM Set bonus was just a terrible terrible idea.

Every SAM worth a darn is going to have 95% Acc, so 5% Chance to whiff, and only like, 50% Chance to Zanshin, so you have a realistically 2.5% chance at zanshin. and only like 10% Activation rate on Set bonus... You're looking at like 0.25% Activation with 5/5 SAM.

This is assuming some values, but, yah, Its awful.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    ...and as samurai to get the same effect were forced to wear our Unkai Kote +2 to reap the full benefits of our weaponskills essentially making samurai as a subjob more appealing then samurai as a main job.
    I'd hardly count losing 3 STR on WS the deciding factor as to whether SAM is worthwhile as a main vs. a sub.

I'm rather happy with the empyrean +2 hands, honestly.

Double damage on some Zanshin attacks as the set bonus is definitely terrible. It would've been much more useful if it gave a chance for a second swing without requiring the first to miss.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    It's the same for almost every job though. There's so much great Double Attack gear that Warriors can't obtain, and Berserk, Warrior's trademark ability, was always available from sub, same for Defender and Provoke. Same goes for Thief, TH gear that THF can't wear, SA/TA available from sub, and the same thing goes for most melee and mage jobs. Agreed about the AF3+2 set bonus though, that is a very, very small bonus compared to most other AF3+2 gear.

AF3 & Brutal Earring say hi. Probably Ares as well once SE includes Synergy augments for salvage armor.

And who honestly cares about Zanshin? Come on man, really? You're angry over an ability that triggers when you miss when you should be trying to max out your accuracy anyway?! I for one, am still incredibly miffed that SE decided to base the Unkai +2 set bonus around it. Even a small boost to Store TP would have been much more preferable to occasionally doing double damage on an ability that rarely triggers in the first place.

No, if you're gonna get angry over something how about the unreliability of Seigan + Third Eye? Or the lack of any critical hit Great Katana Weaponskills? Or even (and this is a bit of a stretch in terms of game balance) the fact that SAM can't even use the Harrier for access to Jishnu's Radiance when it has the 2nd highest archery rating & can equip Yoichinoyumi.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    AF3 & Brutal Earring say hi. Probably Ares as well once SE includes Synergy augments for salvage armor.
    Yes, that's the pieces I was not talking about.

And who honestly cares about Zanshin? Come on man, really? You're angry over an ability that triggers when you miss when you should be trying to max out your accuracy anyway?! I for one, am still incredibly miffed that SE decided to base the Unkai +2 set bonus around it.
    That's exactly what he's complaining about here.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

And who honestly cares about Zanshin? Come on man, really? You're angry over an ability that triggers when you miss when you should be trying to max out your accuracy anyway?! I for one, am still incredibly miffed that SE decided to base the Unkai +2 set bonus around it. Even a small boost to Store TP would have been much more preferable to occasionally doing double damage on an ability that rarely triggers in the first place.

No, if you're gonna get angry over something how about the unreliability of Seigan + Third Eye? Or the lack of any critical hit Great Katana Weaponskills? Or even (and this is a bit of a stretch in terms of game balance) the fact that SAM can't even use the Harrier for access to Jishnu's Radiance when it has the 2nd highest archery rating & can equip Yoichinoyumi.
    ■Zanshin can activate on swings that consume shadows.
    ■Zanshin can activate on swings that are guarded or countered, even if damage is dealt.
    ■Zanshin can activate on a 0 damage hit.
    ■Zanshin can activate on a missed attack.

Why not improve the rate at which zanshin activates 45% is low and having capped accuracy on most things makes its chance of actually procing smaller since the other instances when it can activate are situational depending on your enemy.

So i suggest its activation rate be raised to atleast 65% before gear to help balance out our set bonus on the unkai set with other jobs set bonuses activation rates. Since they probably won't change our unkai set bonus to something else.
    (0)

^ yes, if they make it worth while then sure. But as it is, it's a rather lackluster ability.
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Basing AF3 on Zanshin was a terrible idea I agree, and yea I really hope we're given an additional Store-TP trait soon as it would give us more flexibility on our 5hit builds. Maybe wear Zelus Tiara as well, to truly cap haste.. like the rest of the heavy DD can.
    (0)
    Quote of the day*

"Opps sorry dozed off, do you think I care about a 5hit build obvioulsy not. Do I have the gear for it yes I do. A little thing about WAR is double attack which makes up for that. So you can shove your 5hit build for someone that doesnt even have WAR leveled."

Player
    Well looks like were getting it, they just announced a new sTP trait that will become availible at 90 vs aparently a planned level 91.

Also arcon as a counter point to your earlier post those few jobs that get access to TH gear THF cant wear are very limited nor can they build TH level so for the most part its a wasted effort, though might help them some if they are solo. also SA/TA do not function the same for a THF main and as a sub job, even meditate has a reduced potency when used as a sub. though on the flip side berserk does not have a reduced potency as a subjob.

while i do agree giving sekkanoki away to other jobs was a bit unfair im not going to complain about it, just politely ask that they do something to help balance sam back out, seriously back to back ukko's with a self light SC is kinda x.x coarse not every war has that weapon but still.

as a side note it looks as if they are giving us a wild flourish type ability so perhaps we might be able to 3 step light sc? i dont think this will help with balance though, considering i find it hard to just 2 step in most situations im on sam (dynamis) as i get interrupted by other DD's
    (1)
    Last edited by Nala; 06-04-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast