Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Auto Reraise

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Auto Re-Raise could be made balanced, for instance, if it gave back no xp (so its as if you home pointed) and would not activate if you died in an already weakened state. This would make it only cover you if you RR3 wore for a few seconds mid battle, and prevent zombie whm apocolypse.
    (0)

Character
    Venrymel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Honestly, I think that with RR scrolls being so inexpensive, being available through FoV, Atma and numerous /JOBs, adding a RR trait might be like "Resident Evil 5"s "adreneline shot" for multiplayer. It takes away the threat that looms over everyone's heads and encourages them to strategize.

Yes, sometimes I get defeated right after I activate RR; yes, sometimes it wears off mid-hectic-battle. I see these as places where the player has an opportunity to improve fighting style; be aware these things can happen and do your best to prevent it. Sometimes, though, we're just cursed into a situation. It's not a flaw, c'est la vie.

がんばって^^
    (1)
    For assistance with any Japanese I might use: www.nihongodict.com
    For assistance with any Latin, www.dictionary.com
    I'm pretty sure all the Latin I know can be found in the wonderful OED.
    I encourage everyone to utilize these tools. ^^
    どうぞよろしく
    このサイトをよく使ってください。^^
    For issues with any intelligence, がんばって^^

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    Whm in general doesn't have enough significant abilities to set them above and beyond other jobs...it's not just raise/reraise...we have Cure V and VI and Auspice and Esuna and the Cura spells and that's it
    I'm not sure in what universe you're playing here...

WHM has Solace/Misery/Sacrifice/Esuna/Cure V/VI/higher level regens and the most amazing gear sets. And how you can say 'and that's it' when Cure V and VI are keeping us at the top of the healing tree right now I honestly don't know.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Venrymel View Post
    Honestly, I think that with RR scrolls being so inexpensive, being available through FoV, Atma and numerous /JOBs, adding a RR trait might be like "Resident Evil 5"s "adreneline shot" for multiplayer. It takes away the threat that looms over everyone's heads and encourages them to strategize.

Yes, sometimes I get defeated right after I activate RR; yes, sometimes it wears off mid-hectic-battle. I see these as places where the player has an opportunity to improve fighting style; be aware these things can happen and do your best to prevent it. Sometimes, though, we're just cursed into a situation. It's not a flaw, c'est la vie.

がんばって^^
    This.

Quit suggesting that WHM get Auto-Reraise. It's a stupid idea. Come up with something better.
    (0)

A lot of people before too think that Thomas Edison or Newton or even Aristotle think they have stupid ideas but you see now their ideas now are basis of other researches and other scientific break-through. People come here to input their ideas whether how outrageous or realistic are they. I suggest don't discourage them. If you dont agree with them simply say why you disagree but don't say its stupid because they are just being creative.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whm in general doesn't have enough significant abilities to set them above and beyond other jobs...it's not just raise/reraise...we have Cure V and VI and Auspice and Esuna and the Cura spells and that's it
    Cure V and VI is exactly what sets WHM above other jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    5 yes, 6 doubtful...
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I'm not sure in what universe you're playing here...

WHM has Solace/Misery/Sacrifice/Esuna/Cure V/VI/higher level regens and the most amazing gear sets. And how you can say 'and that's it' when Cure V and VI are keeping us at the top of the healing tree right now I honestly don't know.
    solace is nice, but only noticable by tanks that need to recast utsusemi, otherwise ppl hardly even seem to realize it has had an effect because it's more a convenience than a necessity, misery is useful only for esuna, sacrifice is forgettable, and I said already that esuna was one of our good spells...cure VI is a joke outside of the occasional need in Abyssea but it's good for a massive emergency cure, and regens don't cure fast enough to be noticable if a whm is really really needed...even IV, and I use my regens regularly...other jobs have abilities and whatnot that could put us right back at the forgettable status we were at during the lvl 75 cap, when rdm could do better than us simply because they never ran out of mp, and sch could manipulate the spells in ways we could only dream of...I maintain what I said before...Cure V and VI are the only thing that keeps us at the top of the healing tree.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bubeeky; 04-20-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

solace is nice, but only noticable by tanks that need to recast utsusemi, otherwise ppl hardly even seem to realize it has had an effect because it's more a convenience than a necessity, misery is useful only for esuna, sacrifice is forgettable, and I said already that esuna was one of our good spells...cure VI is a joke outside of the occasional need in Abyssea but it's good for a massive emergency cure, and regens don't cure fast enough to be noticable if a whm is really really needed...even IV, and I use my regens regularly...other jobs have abilities and whatnot that could put us right back at the forgettable status we were at during the lvl 75 cap, when rdm could do better than us simply because they never ran out of mp, and sch could manipulate the spells in ways we could only dream of...I maintain what I said before...Cure V and VI are the only thing that keeps us at the top of the healing tree.
    Devotion and Martyr and Benediction

Devotion and Martyr are godly in the hands of a Galka WHm

And with all the ways to get revitalized, especially in Abyssea, Benediction is not such a last resort as it used to be.
    (0)
    90 WHM, RDM
    85 WAR

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    the only reason I didn't mention devotion and martyr is because with all the refresh things these days, both in and out of abyssea, Devotion isn't all that useful anymore, and martyr is only an extreme last resort, and quite honestly, I forget I have it most of the time.
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4