Thread: Auto Reraise

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenul View Post
    Luvbunny: *cough*Goddess's Hymnus*cough* (yes I know the duration is horrible)

Auto-Reraise is a good idea, but not in the same way that the Atma has done it. Here's what I'm thinking:
    - Once the WHM is KO'd, it checks if the player has a raise effect on them every 5 minutes (starting at 55 minutes left until auto Home Pointing). If one is not in effect, an auto-raise effect will be placed on the WHM.
    - If the Auto-Reraise trait raise is accepted, Weakness is applied as per a Raise 1, but MP is auto-filled to the Weakness Max MP. (So if you die with 21 MP left, normal Max MP is 1000, and weakened Max MP is 250, MP will be set to 250).
    - Weakness Max MP will have a minimum limit of 150 MP.

The idea is that a WHM with Auto-Reraise will always be able to get up and immediately cast a raise spell within 5 minutes of dying. This also allows spells like Reraise III and the Auto-Reraise atma to override the Job Trait. It makes it more of a backup measure for when RR wears when it's hairy and you can't recast it before you die. 10 minutes of WHM downtime is easier than home pointing and running somewhere, and it does it without that all-important zoning.
    And that wouldn't be broken at all...

"Don't worry guys, I forgot RR but it doesn't matter, the game itself will RR me and better yet, even though I ran out of MP I have enough to Raise aswell. Easy mode just got easier, YAY!!!!"
    (0)

Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    And that wouldn't be broken at all...

"Don't worry guys, I forgot RR but it doesn't matter, the game itself will RR me and better yet, even though I ran out of MP I have enough to Raise aswell. Easy mode just got easier, YAY!!!!"
    Hey, I've always got RR3 up, even when just standing in town. I'm paranoid. But I've also had RR wear at the worst times, too.

Ok, sure, the game will RR you and give you enough MP to raise. Cool, let's take a look at that. After you die, if you have RR up, you get the raise acceptance immediately. That means you have 5 minutes over someone without my version of auto-reraise. With no MP, it's not hard to get enough MP for two raises and cast them before the auto-reraise version gets up and gets one raise off. And by that time, the one with the actual RR spell is now out of a weakened state.

Or, you could have AUTO RERAISE 3 ON AN ATMA. Even though it's area-restricted, seems to be a LOT more broken than a delayed RR1.
    (0)

Character
    Celedh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Fact 1 : WHM already has Reraise
    Fact 2 : The only time the WHM does not have Reraise up is when he forgets it, dispelled by some effect (capped areas, BCNM fights, or Dynamis COP zones restoring subjobs), lost the effect barely a few seconds before dying, or didn't have the MP after Raising back up.

Giving an Auto-Reraise (Raise 1 effect) trait would only serve as a failproof against these possible instances. EXP loss is arguably a concern of the past with Abyssea, you get it back in a few minutes worth.

On the other hand, more and more jobs do have access to Raise now, as subjob levels have caught up allowing even RDM subjob to have a Raise handy. Unless you are the sole healing type in your run, there shouldn't be a need for such a Trait. If you are too busy fighting a big monster to think about Reraise, it's probably due to bad planning as you should have casted it before starting the boss fight.

Basically, while a good idea, I'd like to avoid tossing the blame at SquareEnix for people's shortcomings when they happen :P They don't have to add things so you don't have to do your job.
    (0)

So basically, the Reraise line is practically reduced to just to first tier, and practically useless inside abyssea (for those people who got auto-reraise atma). Which makes reraise just a regular spell to be used by any job that is sub whm. No exclusiveness, just another spell than can be used by all jobs subbing whitemage. If the rest of the whitemage is fine by that, I will not a argue my point anymore. A lot of people here don't get my point of Reraise being a exclusive spell for whitemage, but rather point out the point out the mistakes of whitemages which is not my point. Abyssea did create major changes to the game, but also kinda degraded some stuff too. One of it is the reraise line of spells, the Auto-reraise is kinda a suggestion, because hey you see them as a atma already why not whm have it too?. (oh ya, even twilight equipment have it too, so makes raise rather more useful now....) Maybe if the upgrade the effects of Reraise line of spells will make it more useful and exclusive to whm. No wait that will make the game easier right? Like Rdm being given refresh 2 because blu's refresh is stronger than rdm? probably not just being fair. I repeat, it doesn't have to be Auto-reraise. <_< . Auto-reraise is just like a mere suggestion. but rather what im trying to say is a upgrade of Reraise line of spells for whm.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Whm in general doesn't have enough significant abilities to set them above and beyond other jobs...it's not just raise/reraise...we have Cure V and VI and Auspice and Esuna and the Cura spells and that's it
    (0)

ReRaise is not really as WHM exclusive as people would like to think or believe. With scrolls of reraise available for 7 gil, or even the reraise gear. Only WHM has a spell for it, and the highest RR item I have seen is only RR2 (I might not be fully aware of all items so I am not sure if there is an RR3 item out there).

Auto reraise for WHM is, in my opinion, a lazy perk.
    (0)
    90 WHM, RDM
    85 WAR

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18398/raphaels-rod

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 750 DMG:40 Delay:320 Enchantment: "Reraise III"
    LV 75 All Jobs
    <8/8 32/[00:02:0, 30]>

Only time I can think that a some sort of auto-reraise would come in handy is for those very rare times when you are kicked out of a battlefield, and it removes your reraise effect... but didn't they patch that?
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well, Zombie Tanking an NM on THF is pretty funny.
    (0)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Karumac View Post
    Well, Zombie Tanking an NM on THF is pretty funny.
    totally agreed...a friend did that with me once and it was funnier than hell watching him get up over and over and over lol
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18398/raphaels-rod

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 750 DMG:40 Delay:320 Enchantment: "Reraise III"
    LV 75 All Jobs
    <8/8 32/[00:02:0, 30]>

Only time I can think that a some sort of auto-reraise would come in handy is for those very rare times when you are kicked out of a battlefield, and it removes your reraise effect... but didn't they patch that?
    I forgot about the rod. Thanks for pointing it out. I does well illustrate my point and the one instance you bring up would be just about the only reason to have it.

But in the overall scheme of things, when job additions appear to be well metered, this would not rank very highly as a "need to have" thing, more like a toss in kind of thing.
    (0)
    90 WHM, RDM
    85 WAR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast