Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Reraise

Auto Reraise

Now that there is a trait as Auto-Reraise, will white mage get this trait soon?
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Would be good, but would:

1. Ruin the need of the reraise line of spells.
    2. Be over-powered for WHM, having an ATMA is only good in Abyssea, and the Twilight stuff doesn't allow use as a WHM.
    3. Allow WHM's to be lazy and just spam Cure's and not do anything else.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    an auto-reraise wouldn't have to be Reraise III. It could be a Lv95 or 99 trait, be Reraise 1, and give 70 levels between learning the first Reraise and getting it as an automatic trait, making it useless anyway from Reraise II and especially Reraise III.

I don't understand how having a Reraise trait would keep WHMs from casting anything but Cure. All it would do is keep WHMs from using the MP to cast Reraise if they're fine with whatever xp loss they would get over not having Reraise III up. Any whm that doesn't keep Reraise up... well, far be it from me to judge, but that in itself is just lazy.

I like the idea! I would like to see it ^^

EDIT: Not to mention those times where you're in the heat of battle, things are going annoyingly bad, you're focusing on curing party members and healing status ailments, and your reraise wears off in the midst of all that and you all wipe. It'd be nice to have a backup.
    (1)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Only real problem is Exp Loss is no longer a threat.
    Most people don't really care if they have RR or RR3 on anymore.

Although I'd like to see this, don't think it's happening.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    I'd say one of the major problems involved with this is players being able to use Auto-Reraise to their advantage by using 'zombie' tactics. Although it is possible to do now, outside of Abyssea this still has the restriction of recasting a Reraise spell to hold claim or delay a monster to either move it to a different location, or wait on arriving players or players healing from weakness.

And also, if this trait was given to WHM, why would they not be in the habit of casting Reraise III on themselves anyway? MP concerns aren't so much an issue anymore with either Atmas inside Abyssea or Refresh II/Ballad III and more 'Refresh+' gear outside Abyssea.

Although Auto-Reraise works in previous FF titles, I think that this trait is more suited towards the Single-Player titles to avoid the 'Game Over' screen and isn't really needed in an MMO.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I'd say one of the major problems involved with this is players being able to use Auto-Reraise to their advantage by using 'zombie' tactics. Although it is possible to do now, outside of Abyssea this still has the restriction of recasting a Reraise spell to hold claim or delay a monster to either move it to a different location, or wait on arriving players or players healing from weakness.

And also, if this trait was given to WHM, why would they not be in the habit of casting Reraise III on themselves anyway? MP concerns aren't so much an issue anymore with either Atmas inside Abyssea or Refresh II/Ballad III and more 'Refresh+' gear outside Abyssea.

Although Auto-Reraise works in previous FF titles, I think that this trait is more suited towards the Single-Player titles to avoid the 'Game Over' screen and isn't really needed in an MMO.
    Zombie tactics really don't work.
    It takes a long time to do anything after the raise animation. The monster will have one-shotted you by the time you could target it.
    Auto-reraise is only mildly useful. It makes things less stressful at times, but if everyone is weakened it's pretty much GG.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Kizaza
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    maybe if they have it as a merit starting at r1
    (0)

Well i agree with some of it but not really all thou:

1) A lot of spells right now are rather useless due to the fact they are outdated, ex: why still cast a lower protect 1 when u have protect 5. And a lot of people right now don't really mind losing experience any more at higher lvls due to the fact its so easy to get experience back: ex like lvl sync, campaign battle, abyssea and maybe in the future dynamis. So basically Reraise 3 now is no better than reraise 1.

2) over-powered for whm, not sure (well maybe a bit for whm melees =P ). We still have weakness after being raised so a whm cannot really go into battle immediately. plus with the other job enhancements on DD right now im not sure being 'over-powered' in terms of strength or even solo fight whm can even do when they are defeated.

3) I agree thou that this can make whm to be lazy, turning them into mindless healing robots maybe =P

But anyway, in my opinion the whole reraise line is actually useless because its easy to get exp back now. And Reraise can be used by other jobs as well just by subbing it, so the spell being 'exclusive' to whm is rather useless now. The only instance reraise will matter if a party or alliance gets wiped. And if the monster have a dispelling ability to dispell reraise or reraise wore off, or someone run into a weaken mage which haven't cast reraise yet.

Maybe the idea of Auto-reraise trait seems too much for whm, but I do think whm needs to have stronger (maybe useful reraise) now at higher lvls. Maybe Raise-aga? or maybe Reraise IV which immediately ignores weakness after raising? who knows =P
    (0)
    Last edited by Tasuki; 03-10-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Character
    Presage
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    WHM does not need an Auto-Reraise. If you forget to cast Reraise on yourself, well then, that's all on you. I've done it plenty of times, but most other times I keep it up no matter what I'm doing.

The thought of something like Raise-ga as Tasuki mentioned or even a ReRaise-ga that could give all party members within area of effect the effect of Reraise (Time limited based on MND or whatever). I already feel like a lot of this game has been made MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than it was in the past.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki View Post
    A lot of spells right now are rather useless due to the fact they are outdated, ex: why still cast a lower protect 1 when u have protect 5.
    Lesser tier enhancement spells are still useful for things like level sync or PLing a low level party in that the duration of the effect is proportionate to the spell's level and the character's level it's being cast on.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast