Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Taint
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90

[To Dev] Augmented gear and Tatters

First I'd like to say thank you for the effort you put into the new Tatter augmenting system. There are been some very nice results and its pretty fun to take part in. There is one major flaw, after the intial burst of excitement and people spamming tatters for research, fun and augments the tatter supply is next to zero and won't be growing very fast. The biggest reason is you need a HQ3 to get the good augments, while that is part of the fun of the system it also depletes the tatters. For example I burned 40 Earthen Tatters augmenting my Armadaberk alone and still haven't seen STP greater then 5 mixed with DA2-3. Also Einherjar exclusive Abj like Phantasmal will never be available enough to fully use the tatter system.

The solution is easy though!

A) Make Abjurations turn into more Tatters, that way farming for a couple hours to net an abjuration doesn't net in the result of only 4-12 tatters.

B) Make additional ways to obtain Tatters, I would recommend making the cursed side of Abj. also be able to be turned into Tatters. (ex Cursed Mufflers would net 4-12 tatters)

DO IT! Dont waste a system with such potential.
    (7)
    Cerberus - Armada
    90poc
    90masa
    85Kannagi

Character
    Agentbling
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    I'd also like to say that this was a fun idea and I'm glad that some of the old stuff we worked really hard to get and used to be proud of got some attention. However as Taint said, the tatter supply makes this not very practical for some of the items. Some abjuration sets only have a couple low yield drops in sky, and ones like the einherjar sets cannot be obtained easily.

The way the augments seem to be going, you have to get the highest tier of smooth synergy to get three augments and combined with the randomness of augments... It's pretty impractical to think that many will ever be getting 3 perfect augments on their gear.

Anyways, I would like to see some way to increase tatter/scrap supply (higher yield synths or multiple abj drops from NMs like the gems/stones/seals are maybe), maybe getting rid of some of the junk augment possibilities (resist slow on my hecatomb harness +1 was hilarious btw, good one), or making three augments possible from any smooth synergy instead of just the highest one.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    This system has a lot of promise, this fix would push it in the right direction for sure.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Perhaps upping the spawn rate of the timed NM's would help as well? Unless "3-6 hour" respawn times are ok?
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The goal of the new augment system is to get people to replay the 'old' content again.
    And I think SE did a nice job there. Just don't expect to walk away with maxed ideal augments after killing a single Genbu. It CAN happen, but it'll always happen to the guy next to you.

Besides, the gear is outdated, even with the augments. It's nice to wear for the 3 hours it takes to get from 75 to 90 in Abyssea, until you replace it with +1/+2 empyrean armor.
    (0)

After checking with the development team, they mentioned that they would like to address this when they expand on Einherjar. They would first like to address adjustments to salvage and Nyzul, so it will take a bit of time until they get to it though. They apologize for the wait.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Besides, the gear is outdated, even with the augments. It's nice to wear for the 3 hours it takes to get from 75 to 90 in Abyssea, until you replace it with +1/+2 empyrean armor.
    Not true. Some of the gear is quite useful at 90 and trumps even +2 for certain situations.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Just don't expect to walk away with maxed ideal augments after killing a single Genbu.
    Funny how you jump to this conclusion, which is obviously not the case here. It makes one wonder how much of the OP you read before you started replying.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Just don't expect to walk away with maxed ideal augments after killing a single Genbu.
    Yo! I totally got the best augments possible on my genbus kabuto after the first synth, it's everything else that is taking me forever and not cooperating. =|
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    Funny how you jump to this conclusion, which is obviously not the case here. It makes one wonder how much of the OP you read before you started replying.
    general consensus here seems to be that if you post something that relates to subpar success rates, you're automatically whining about not getting 100% drop rates or immediate god-tier success rate
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast