Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to Abyssea

But they still have a chance to drop these regardless of activating the effects, or is it required?
    (0)

Yes but a lot lower droprate.
    (0)

2004-2011

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    NIN/DNC certainly isnt the only job that could survive. Alone, possibly, but certainly not with another person; especially a WHM. As for the stagger !! effects, I'll break them down for you
    -
    Amber !! (often called Grellow throughout the community) triggered by a randomized white, black, ninjutsu, blue, or song magic spell corresponding to the elemental day of the week in which a NM is popped or claimed. Yellow can be triggered by a spell of the day, the preceding or following elemental day. Ex: On firesday, the yellow weakness could be triggered by spells of the dark, fire, or earth element. Grellow !! affects the frequency of "common" items (seals or crafting materials for the most part)

Red !!: proc'd by an elemental weapon skill Ex: Red Lotus Blade, Blade: Ei, etc. makes mobs drop their associated Key Items at what is assumed to be a 99% rate.

Blue !!: proc'd by physical weaponskills (tachi: gekko, Hexa Strike, etc) affects "rare" item drops , mostly equipment.

Full lists can be found in various places. I don't know the policy about linking things in this forum yet so I'm not going to do it, but you can find it easily )or if you can't, let me know)
    (0)

Player
    I strongly recommend not planning on soloing everything first off. To get to the point where you can duo NMs you'll want to have atma for sure, which you can have up to three set on you at once.
    How to get atma:
    1. Obtaining said atma: Certain NMs in abyssea can drop atma to your entire alliance, and tend to only drop them if you exploit its red weakness (I recommend reading up on wiki about abyssea NM weaknesses), and then when the NM dies everyone in the zone that is alive will get that atma as a key item. (Dead+close and you wont get it, alive+other side of zone and you will, kind of messed up)
    2. Equipping the atma: To equip an atma, you need to have a Lunar Abyssite (Key item), there are up to 3 Lunar Abyssites obtainable currently. When you get one, you can equip atma through the Atma Infusionist in every Abyssea zone.
    a) How to get Lunar Abyssites 1. Buy one for 100k cruor in Abyssea-miseraux, attowha, or Vunkerl 2. Complete one mega boss abyssea mega boss quest 3. Complete seven mega boss quests (Mega boss = the mob they show in the cutscene when you first zone into an abyssea zone for the first time)

This means to become fairly strong in abyssea, you'll need to kill NMs for atma (and proc red weakness), and obtain lunar abyssites. Duoing all these monsters is possible but you're better off finding groups for them.

Luckily, in either port jeuno or whitegate, you'll find people shouting to start groups for mobs that have atma, or to kill mega bosses. You can make your own as well and I'm sure you'll get a few people to respond as well assuming you're playing near a prime time.--- This is really how I got all my atma/mega boss kills, as I was behind when I started playing again like a month ago

Leveling- you could do 75-90 outside of abyssea... SE placed mobs pretty high in some random seeming spots outside of abyssea you could level off of if you really really wanted to. The exp/hour you recieve in abyssea though is just hard to pass up.... you could get those last 15 levels in a day. Campaign battle could work too if they fix it soon.
    (0)

Thanks for all the info guys, looking forward to getting into this content. If anyone frequents the Phoenix server and wants some new recruits to their LS, give me a shout. Thanks again.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2