Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Just Got Deluxe Animator! It sucks...

Sorry this will probably be my last post about this... been doing it all week heh. Just got Deluxe Animator about an hour ago and it seems to be a bundle of lies.

Deluxe Animator Rare Ex
    [Ranged] All Races
    DPS: 3 An improved version of the animator. Boasts vastly simplified operation over the standard model.
    LV 87 PUP

Hidden Effect (As far as I can see): DEX +6 (To the master)

There has been no changes on the recast of manuevers, duration of manuevers, skill up speed, or combat increases for the pet. It also cannot be thrown (Big surprise...) and does not give any sort of regain to master or pet. Also overload rate seems the same also...

In summary, don't waste your time. Haven't gotten any sleep this weekend spamming Akupara inside Meriphataud Mountains S and this shit wasn't worth it lol...

P.S. I'll keep you guys updated on what hidden effects are if I find anything else on it through this link.
    (6)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 05-22-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Well, it's like other animators lol. No reason to have "changes on the recast of manuevers, duration of manuevers, skill up speed, or combat increases for the pet", and i dont see why you could thrown this one or why it should have regain or an impact on the overload rate.

The problem is that ppl are not reasonable. On this forum more that elsewhere. So they post a ton of lolrumors or lolwhishes and then they are disappointed...
    (im speaking in general, im not targing you or this post in particular)

There is 2 things we need to know to see it is a waste a time or not. The DEX on it and the boost of HP/MP for the automaton (to see if it's better that the animator +1 which was our best animator until now).
    You answered for the DEX part, only left the HP/MP boost now. If it does boost the HP/MP, then it worth it, even if there is no other hidden effect, and if we found hidden effect later, well it will be a bonus :P
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sorry it took long to respond, but no there is no HP/MP bonuses on the animator. The reason why people speculated it could be thrown is because it originally had DPS on it when people did data conversions from the May 13th update, and something with DPS has to be used in some way to do damage. Also it isn't too unreasonable to believe that SE would be benevolent enough to give us regain or other benefits from the Deluxe Animator granted it's nearly a 1% drop and the nm to get it off it very hard to take down. My thoughts were regain would be thrown to the Deluxe Animator to compensate for Burattinaos nurf because they might have wanted us to have regain, yet be able to use other hand-to-hands besides that one.
    It's definitely not too abstract to ask for a bone from SE granted they put Puppetmaster back in the same place where Black Mage pet is our optimal way of DDing again and other pets are obsolete due to the fact that they can't tank or deal out enough dmg to compare to the DaD method with BLM pet. So yeah, Animator +1 is definitely a better route if you don't feel like being disapointed. It makes no sense that the Deluxe Animator could be worse than the Animator +1 so i'm assuming it might be magian trial'd later on, or they just have the Square Enix branch for puppetmaster creating items that they just don't even test.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 05-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    so basically the norm for SE. Put in a pup item that really doesnt do much, is much less usable then other jobs "stuff", make it a really low drop rate, and put it on a hard mob.

ya seems par for the course for SE. a part of me is happy, just another item i dont have to waste a lot of time on.
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Soidh! Can you upload an image to the Deluxe Animator page on http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Deluxe_Animator? And perhaps ffxiclopedia, although I understand that's to die a slow death now.

I'm curious... does the DPS:3 value still appear on the ingame item? Could it be increasing master or pet base damage?
    And ofcourse, as asked earlier, is the HP/MP bonus present or not?
    (0)

DPS Values are on all Ranged item weaponry like that. look at FFXIAH's Jug Pet lists. It means nothing. I can't give you the exact reason its there, but its a worthless number for Items that clearly have no Dmg/delay/means.

It gives DEX+6 (obv) and probably something non-visible to pets. If it gives no bonuses to pets (Which i doubt) then its even worse than Animator+1 in terms of helping your pet.

Either way, there really was no reason to expect it to give anything other than DEX and some minor buff to pets.. none of the other animators did. :\
    (0)

maybe they threw it in as a sub to Animator +1 considering Einherjar is dead? believing Voidwatch might somehow be more viable.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    DPS Values are on all Ranged item weaponry like that. look at FFXIAH's Jug Pet lists. It means nothing. I can't give you the exact reason its there, but its a worthless number for Items that clearly have no Dmg/delay/means.
    There is no such number on the jug items ingame. It's an artifact that appears when you use the wrong template to read data, and end up stuffing the wrong bytes in the wrong fields.
    Shinron has the ingame Deluxe Animator and reports the stats as having a damage value. And yeah, that's strange, which is why I want to see a screenshot. If I had the new animator, I'd report the stats as shown in-game. Even if I'd copy-pasted it from FFXIAH or elsewhere, I'd still correct/remove the DPS data.

Anyway, that's not important. What is important is the hidden effects on the deluxe animator! I don't think SE would just make it a flat DEX+6. Then again, this is SE... they didn't hesitate to alter a core mechanic of the job after 6? years and then casually mention it as a 'fixed' (as in 'neutered'?) issue in the update notice, while failing to fix actual issues...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    There is no such number on the jug items ingame. It's an artifact that appears when you use the wrong template to read data, and end up stuffing the wrong bytes in the wrong fields.
    Shinron has the ingame Deluxe Animator and reports the stats as having a damage value. And yeah, that's strange, which is why I want to see a screenshot. If I had the new animator, I'd report the stats as shown in-game. Even if I'd copy-pasted it from FFXIAH or elsewhere, I'd still correct/remove the DPS data.

Anyway, that's not important. What is important is the hidden effects on the deluxe animator! I don't think SE would just make it a flat DEX+6. Then again, this is SE... they didn't hesitate to alter a core mechanic of the job after 6? years and then casually mention it as a 'fixed' (as in 'neutered'?) issue in the update notice, while failing to fix actual issues...
    Didnt even read the "On the in game item" part. I'd like screenshots too that seems entirely too odd >__>

Might simply be a glitch, Or it could Increase your automaton weapon-damage >_>?
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    maybe they threw it in as a sub to Animator +1 considering Einherjar is dead? believing Voidwatch might somehow be more viable.
    Yeah, it seems like a pretty obvious sidegrade for people who missed the boat on Einherjar. Not necessarily a bad idea, more alternatives for items that come exclusively from content most people don't do anymore isn't a bad thing... but certainly nothing very exciting for people who already have the +1.

+1 still wins in situations where you care more about the automaton HP/MP stats than 2 more master DEX.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast