Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

WAR Job Ability 90+: "Weapon Mastery"

With Warrior's current ability to wield up to 13 weapons, all with skill levels capped at the mid to high 300's and nothing below 250, and the future lvl cap to raise these skills even further; it makes absolutely every bit of sense to introduce a job ability that crowns these veterans of all things melee with something that lets them take full advantage of such a unique profession such as jack of all trades. I propose this:
    WAR JA lvl 90+: "Weapon Mastery" (»Job Ability Cover)

-------
    Recast: *Edit* 4mins
    Duration: *Edit* 2(maybe 3) successful (weapon skill hits target. If the ws misses the target, the weapon skill charge will not be consumed) weapon skill charges. The possibility of a 3rd weapon skill charge could be random similar to how Seigan + Third Eye works, but at least 2 charges will be guaranteed. An Icon displaying the active JA would disappear once the ws charges have been consumed. The 2-3 ws charges will remain active for up to 2 mins if not used before wearing off.
    **EDIT** Certain weapon skills, under certain conditions that are unlocked via this JA that are used for Red and Blue triggering on monsters inside Abyssea will cause them to not trigger for the WAR using this JA only.
    Example:
    A WAR/SAM uses Weapon Mastery to unlock the dagger weapon skill Cyclone in the attempt to try trigger Red on a NM, yet no Red trigger will be possible for the WAR since this JA is active. If another party member natively has Cyclone available based on their Main or Sub job, they will be able to trigger Red using Cyclone on the NM. The WAR will still be able to receive the hint message from using Cyclone however.
    Description: “Weapon Mastery”- Temporarily allows a WAR the use of all standard
    weapon skills accociated with any weapon being wielded. This does not include quested weapon skills that have not been unlocked previously. If any quested weapon skill was unlocked before the use of Weapon Mastery, the job ability will display the weapon skill in the ability list.
    Detailed Description: Once used, the WAR will gain access to previously unlisted weapon skills for 2 mins. This will include job specific standard(or non quested) weapons skills such as Dancing Edge(THF and DNC specific) and Hexa Strike(WHM specific) and others like these. Access to these standard weapon skills, however, will be dependent on the current skill lvl possessed for that weapon. Weapon Mastery will not grant instant bonus skill lvls for a weapon, and thus only unlocks the appropriate weapon skill based on the skill lvls in question. If the WARs skill lvls in all weapons are capped at maximum, all standard weapon skills available for those skill lvls will become available. This also includes Ranged weapon skills like Sidewinder.
    Visual example (1/2)
    -------
    Visual example (2/2)
    ------
    In closing, again I'll say, WARs will be able to wield more weapons than ANY job in the game, if not better than any job by lvl 99 so it would just make sense to give WAR a reward for all those long hours of skilling up lol. Please, please consider this Job ability SE. Thank you
    (5)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-25-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    good idea, but i would like it to go as far as unlocking trial WS's that the player has quested, as trial WS's are teh awsome in some cases. (not that warrior cant use most trial ws's, we can only not use Arch Marks and H2H trial ws's >_>)
    (1)

"Temporary"
    2 minute recast, 2 minute duration, no drawbacks

lol.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I thought about that, but it just didn't seem very fair or balanced to the folks that have to spend lots of time doing tons of ws's to break trial quest weapons and then time hunting and killing a NM to get those ws's. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't dreamed of using Asuran Fist for years now on WAR though lol.
    --------
    Unless you're saying a quested ws that you have already unlocked on say MNK and you just want access to them while using Weapon Mastery, because I would have to agree with that. That would absolutely be a *yes please* to that functionality lol If you have in fact already unlocked any of the quested ws's, it would become available after using Weapon Mastery on WAR even if the ws's were job specific. This functionality would hold true for Mythic quested ws as well. As long as you've unlocked them, they will show up in the ws list on WAR while Weapon Mastery is active.

Just about all other quested ws's can be obtained on WAR though so you'd just have to work a bit for'em is all.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-09-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    "Temporary"
    2 minute recast, 2 minute duration, no drawbacks

lol.
    Lol Well I'm a fan of JA's like Defender and Retaliation As soon as they wear off, you can just pop the JA again to put them back on if you need them ^^ it makes things so much nicer... Bad Berserk and Aggressor /recast timers, BAD!
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    so you just want war to be able to proc all red/blue !!
    (0)

you cant proc all blue with it if u dont get quested ws unless if it is unlock and you get it then
    (0)

Player
    That would kill a lot of the uniqueness of all the other melee jobs.

It's unbalanced and unnecessary.
    (2)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    That would kill a lot of the uniqueness of all the other melee jobs.

It's unbalanced and unnecessary.
    ----
    lol as if to say one job(WAR) being able to wield 13 weapons with great efficiency isn't unique enough to reward them with such a relevant JA as this?! Adding the ability to use the full list of weapons skills from all the weapons a WAR can already use wouldn't/shouldn't break anything in even the slightest, so I can't see the imbalance here. It's just putting the cherry on top of the cake is all ^^ It's not like I'm requesting the use of Great Katana or Katana...which a WAR would totally do much more effici--, well let me not go there now lol.
    ----
    "Unnecessary" I'm afraid is very much your opinion . As a full-time WAR myself, I would, in my opinion, say this would be ABSOLUTELY necessary in my daily run around as a DD both in and outside of Abyssea lol. It would just open the possibilities to enjoy all the weapons I carry with me everywhere in a myriad of new ways, thus expanding the joy of playing a super versatile and unique job like WAR.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-10-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This idea is like almost every other idea posted on these boards thus far. Some absurd request that essentially overpowers one job to the point where no others are required and that would completely imbalance several aspects of the game. It's no different than the general thread where players are requesting the feature to be able to exchange one seal for another. Any idea that completely remove diversity from the game in such a way as that is terrible. It's no surprise to me that you refer to yourself as a full time warrior. If you want to be able to use the abilities that other jobs have access to and that warrior does not, then go level those jobs instead of asking for them.
    (2)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast