Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If it were optional, and user definiable I wouldn't have a problem with it. But we all know that's not how they would implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianu View Post
    The mouse is a wonderful tool and provides precision accuracy that simply isn't possible with a controller or keyboard.
    Precision and accuracy are two different concepts. Not that i'm disagreeing or anything.
    (0)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidSquirrel View Post
    Also peeps: Just because anyone can learn any kind of control scheme if given enough time, it doesn't mean it's an intuitive control scheme.
    Thank you! I've been trying to tell people that for ages, but no one ever seems to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    If it were optional, and user definiable I wouldn't have a problem with it. But we all know that's not how they would implement it.
    Why not? Have you played FFXIV? The icons for user-created macros are optional and user-definable there, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work in a similar manner if implemented into FFXI. Seriously, have a little more faith in SE. I know a lot of their decisions make them seem incompetent sometimes, but they're really not as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Precision and accuracy are two different concepts. Not that i'm disagreeing or anything.
    Er.... it kind of depends on the context. I suppose they could mean different things in certain contexts, but I was kinda using them to mean the same thing. Though on the other hand, I'm having difficulty imagining a scenario where the two words wouldn't be synonymous. Perhaps you could provide a little more insight into what you mean?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rhianu; 06-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidSquirrel View Post
    Also peeps: Just because anyone can learn any kind of control scheme if given enough time, it doesn't mean it's an intuitive control scheme.
    This doesn't exclude the mouse last time I checked. Just because it takes some people longer than others to learn a control scheme doesn't mean it's not an intuitive control scheme.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianu View Post
    Why not? Have you played FFXIV?
    No

The icons for user-created macros are optional and user-definable there, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work in a similar manner if implemented into FFXI. Seriously, have a little more faith in SE. I know a lot of their decisions make them seem incompetent sometimes, but they're really not as bad as you think.
    Well considering they can only go up in my opinion of them, perhaps you are right.

Er.... it kind of depends on the context. I suppose they could mean different things in certain contexts, but I was kinda using them to mean the same thing. Though on the other hand, I'm having difficulty imagining a scenario where the two words wouldn't be synonymous. Perhaps you could provide a little more insight into what you mean?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_and_precision

Accuracy refers to correctness, whereas precision refers to repeatability. For example if you repeat an experiment and get pretty close to the same number every time, you'd say that your numbers are precise. If you do an experiment and your numbers match the predicted value to lots of decimal places then your numbers would be considered accurate.

(at least I'm pretty sure that's what they mean)
    (0)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    Just because it takes some people longer than others to learn a control scheme doesn't mean it's not an intuitive control scheme.
    Depends how many people have trouble. If it's a significant number of people, or people who are normally computer-literate, then that's a pretty good indicator you've got a problem.

But even if there are just a few people having trouble, that still means the developers have room for improvement.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rhianu; 06-27-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Apparently somebody spend a lot of thought on the keyboard controls of FFXI. How to make the buttons reachable, how to place the hands on the board, which commands needed to be redudant, how to allow for doing multiple things at the same time. After seeing this Ferrari of controls, I was shocked when I was presented with FFXIV new square wheel. The controls where clunky, things I could previously do with two hands I'd now need three two and one hand on the keyboard other on the mouse didn't work either.

If the new payment weren't looking like forcing me out of the game, I'd definitely complain more about any adjustments to superb controls of FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I really like this idea, but honestly there's no need for it.

I don't even read my macros, I just know where they are...

It's muscle memory by now
    (0)

Any chance of letting players make their own UI's through addons like they have in WoW?

Solves the problem of devs having to do it.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6