Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Hey remember Chrono Trigger?

you know that really good Square RPG that sold a bunch of copies because it was awesome and had really good ideas?

Well here's one for you, Fire magic + Spincut = Fire Sword.

For our purposes Magic Burst + WS = Weapon Burst.

Put the importance back into WSs, SCs, and MBs. Teamwork is lot more fun than a bunch of Melee's just blowing their WSs whenever their TP is up and BLM being great because they don't depend on MBs to deal large amounts of damage.

It doesn't have to be a mechanic just for RDM, but I would expect us to be included in it.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sadly, SCH pretty much got a form of this with their ability to create a WS from a spell via stratagems. Even more annoyingly, this was something RDMs had suggested back in the day as a sort of sister ability to BLUs and their Chain Affinity.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah when it comes down to it, damage and utility is all people care about in parties. PLD isn't really a tank anymore because MNKs damage overtook their utility. At least if you let the hybrid classes do more in SCs they would have more utility and damage. They still aren't going to out damage real DDs.

Either way, I want to SC and MB again without 5 people just randomly throwing their WSs because they had the TP. Add a little bit of team strategy back into the game please. Aby really is just a joke most days. At least Dynamis is still fun after they changed it.
    (0)

know whats sad? i closed a 4k darkness in a merit pt the other day with cdc, and the aurore wearing taru mnk that opened it for me (completely by accident) actually went "wtf was that?! O.o"

i'm starting to think the average player doesn't even know what a sc IS nowadays...
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They don't. People in aby seem to have blinders on that don't let them realize that they could be blowing up mobs with SCs and MBs.

I honestly don't get it. The thing that makes this game unique and fun compared to other MMOs is the SC and MB system. Most of the reason I quit trying to play FFXIV was because their combo system was uninteresting. I don't want the average player to not know how to do SCs or MBs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    know whats sad? i closed a 4k darkness in a merit pt the other day with cdc, and the aurore wearing taru mnk that opened it for me (completely by accident) actually went "wtf was that?! O.o"

i'm starting to think the average player doesn't even know what a sc IS nowadays...
    Lol if the mnk had enough time to see the darkness SC you didn't switch back to your TP set fast enough :P
    (0)

the mob died, i was reveling in it ^^ i took an it mob from 95% hp to dead in, pretty much, one shot as an rdm. i honestly impressed myself and had to stare for a second, slack-jawed and giggling.

did you know sc kills give ruby light? i woulda thought that would be azure.....
    (0)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 05-22-2011 at 06:56 AM.