Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Double Cast"

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Back to Double Cast though, I actually can think of quite a few situational uses for this the way the OP originally presented it - 2 insta cast spells. Not only two quick raises and a way to insta-cast reraise consistently, but you could also use it to Double Cast stoneskin if you're getting beat on and don't want to risk the hate of a couple Cure IVs. Assuming it would also reset the second spell's recast timer to 0, I might even use it to Double Cast gravity on something I'm kiting that could possibly resist it. Similarly, if your Slow II can possibly get resisted (?), Double Cast Slow II for an extra chance of landing it without waiting for recast. Or if you're soloing on /NIN you'd have a bunch of successive shadows here. /BLM or /DRK and three quick stuns every five minutes. And my favorite, Double Cast instant Warp II's, Warp or Teleports just for saving time. Not big things but they're getting me thinking.

Also, I don't consider this already in the game because Quick Magic exists. It's a huge meaningful difference that you could use Double Cast intentionally rather than it firing off randomly.

Having said that, though, I still view this as more of a neat toy than anything super useful. It wouldn't do much to make RDM more attractive to current party set ups, which is what the job needs right now. In that sense I'd still go for Runic first, and second, a Double Cast that allows simultaneous casting to cut down on cycling time, despite its obvious problems with equip swaps. Although even those two wouldn't be enough.
    (1)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 05-27-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Character
    Seconds
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 96
    Double cast. That would be great - you do realize that if you cast a spell under a 'chainspell effect' said spell is hit with -0- recast penalty.

RDM/BLM would be nice. Double Cast > Bliz 4 > Stun > Bind > Bliz 4 Normal Cast > Stun Normal Cast.
    Actually did some damage.

Too bad it won't happen.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Yeah.

Actually, limiting it to enhancing, enfeebling, and healing magic would balance it, don't you think?
    (0)

Character
    Seconds
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 96
    If that is what it takes for it to be implemented I'd take it.

But again, it won't be happening.

RDM instant Cure IV and Cure III?
    RDM instant Break/Sleep + Stoneskin?

Never.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by idx1 View Post
    If that is what it takes for it to be implemented I'd take it.

But again, it won't be happening.

RDM instant Cure IV and Cure III?
    RDM instant Break/Sleep + Stoneskin?

Never.
    Instant stoneskin + utsu: Ichi.

Yep not going to happen.
    (0)

Utsu is enhancing?
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Utsu is enhancing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    5 Min recast.
    Gives the same effect as "Chainspell" but only for two spells.

Discuss.

Last I checked chainspell worked with Utsu. But my reply was in response to:

Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    Yeah.

Actually, limiting it to enhancing, enfeebling, and healing magic would balance it, don't you think?
    I probably should've quoted both posts.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I wouldn't want double cast to affect Ninjutsu. If SE was smart, they would limit it to only white and black magic (like RDM was originally intended, no?).

And IMO, Cure IV + III instantly, makes RDM more of a viable healer next to WHM. Particularly in abyssea. Though I gotta admit, it still wouldn't be enough.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Just limit it to spells of the family we have native skill in.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    "double cast" seems overpowered. I think a 10min recast like "seals" more appropriate. However, I'd go with "quicken cast". Ideally, use of this job ability would push the level of "fast cast" to a +1 or +2 effect. For example, tier 1 fast cast at whatever level would be considered tier 2 or 3. What's the finally tier IV or V? Either way, they would become tier V-VII give a take a tier depending on how quick this /JA ability worked.
    Yes, admittedly subbing scholar would give this same effect but then a redmage would be locked down to that sub job.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast