Thread: Doing a Mythic

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Doing a Mythic

I just got my Dancing Dagger. Going to start on Carnwenhan pretty much from scratch. Is it the best weapon for a DDing/tanking BRD? Not really. Is it rare? I've never seen one. It also looks really cool! That's good enough for me! I already have an Empyrean weapon for NIN and it's kind of disheartening to see so many people have the same endgame weapon lately. And what a way to keep myself interested in XI for a while and out of Abyssea's red skies and one song.

Anybody here a proud owner of a mythic? Does anybody own one Carnwenhan on Lakshmi? Or your server?

As far as other mythics go, DNC's seems so broken at lv90--5 finishing moves after ONE step? Jeez.
    (2)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Mythic do have some pretty cool looking weapons... *goes to check wiki for the stats of mythic weapons also*
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Got my sights set on Aymur now that I have farsha. Something to look forward to.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

I've always wanted a DNC mythic weapon to mess around with. Would be kind of cool if 95-99 versions broke FM cap.
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Ryunohige looks decent. Compared to the Empyrean Polearm, it looks like Ryunohige(90) could be better (but I'm probably mistaken) just because of the fact that +15 Vit doesn't do much for DRG's and the Aftermath plus that extra Jump effect could outshine Rhongomiant in some area's.

EDIT: Also Gungnir(90) looks even better, no? It's got more base DMG than Rhongomiant, and with all those hidden effects and crap ton of accuracy, how could it not be better?
    (0)
    Last edited by Akujima; 05-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've also been slowly working towards a mythic, but the speed of my progress is disheartening. Good luck.
    (0)

gonna go for a kenkonnen here. also, i remember a comment from a rep that mythics would also be made easier to attain, similar to relics, it just wasn't happening in the same update.

Good, fact is the mechanism for both was insane from day one, requiring a multi-year commitment by entire LS's so 1 person could walk away with 1 and the only thing anyone else had was blisters on fingertips from pounding on controllers, even tho' they did the lion's share of the work. Care to dispute that statement? then I want video of a player soloing their entire relic/mythic path. Considering Mythic requires doing assaults which CAN'T be solo'd I think those videos may be a bit hard to come by...
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Definitely not doing for the stats haha, but the starts are respectable nonetheless and Mordant Rime is a pretty decent weapon skill.
    (0)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    If you go to FFXIAH, it says only ONE person has a Carnwenhan. Some guy named Foresta on Bismark. Of course, there might be more people who have it.
    (0)

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    I will just wait until SE fixed relic/mythic; don't waste your money; relic/mythic so far is just a weapon for joy they are only slightly better than AH weapon. For WS it's even a complete joke.
    (0)