Player

So.... Thinking of coming back

Hello guys and girls.

I am thinking of coming back,

I played for a long long time about 4-5 years ago now, and have the itch to return and see what has changed.

I have already phoned customer support and they have informed me that my main character is still available and eligible to be returned

I know it is going to take me some time to get back into the swing of things.

I have most jobs (up to RotZ) leveled to about 30-40 and my mains SMN WAR and RNG to about 60 ish.

My main goals this time are to at least hit the cap on a couple of jobs and finish all the story missions and really enjoy myself.

My problem is I don't want to get too overwhelmed and I cant find and up to date guide anywhere.

Basically all I am after is a low down of the current goings on in FFXI these days and things I will need to do once I return to catch up to speed. (I left just before ToAU)

So when it comes to level my jobs... Is it best for me to just level sync to parties in quifim/dunes? and get to cap that way? Is there anything I should know that would help me level faster?

What do i do about all my gear? I was fairly well kitted out when I left. would this still be the case? For example I have full austere/af on my SMN,
    Is the best gear still received from NM drops and high level crafts?

On that note is it still worth camping NM's for gear? Im talking emp hairpin, leaping boots, peacock charm etc....

I am hoping I have plenty of money on my char once I re activate. If not, is it still a case of farming low level crafting mats/crystals to make a quick bit of cash?

Anything I need to know about the jobs? I left soon after the RNG nerf (ish) and it was all loldrg etc... Is every job viable now?

I could probably ask 100 questions but I think I will leave it as that for now.

Many thanks.

Hopefully see you soon!
    (0)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I started about four months ago, and Have hit cap of 90. I may be able to give some advice.

For level 60ish or around there, you have two options:

(HARD)

can either try to sync up with a party in Vollbow, kuftal tunnel, etc.

(EASY)

Leech In Aby Until 90. Honestly most people do this method. EXP is fast, and good money too.

Also, for getting new gear, Its best to get your AF 1 gear or a slightly higher level above that, and wait till around 80 in Aby to buy there armor sets. Parties above 50 are almost impossible to get unless you want to shout in Jeuno for 3 hours trying to get one. Hope this helps!
    (0)

Character
    Emilja
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    @ Zeroe
    Leech ruin the game if he leech he will need alot of work to skill up
    (0)