Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Why are our group 1 merits so bad?

"5 points in Convert Recast. CHECK!

....the rest of this stuff is crap...
    It's like they are pointing out how gimp our magic casting is already...

Hmm I guess Ice magic because we don't even have Thunder IV yet?"

It's not even magic attack bonus, it's accuracy. There is tons magical accuracy on all the RDM sets that don't specify an element, and you can get significantly more than +15 from it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    "5 points in Convert Recast. CHECK!

....the rest of this stuff is crap...
    It's like they are pointing out how gimp our magic casting is already...

Hmm I guess Ice magic because we don't even have Thunder IV yet?"

It's not even magic attack bonus, it's accuracy. There is tons magical accuracy on all the RDM sets that don't specify an element, and you can get significantly more than +15 from it.
    Because they were designed like 5 years ago when Magic Accuracy actually mattered lol
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Because they were designed like 5 years ago when Magic Accuracy actually mattered lol
    Lol I accept your answer. I would seriously like to see some of the Merits reworked. I'm unrealistically hopeful for upcoming patches.
    (0)

Player
    Defender recast, enough said. We have a somewhat bad Category 1 but we don't have the worst options out there.

I did ice for blizzard/para2/bind when it mattered.
    (2)

yah but warrior also gets to merit DA, wich is pretty awesome..

WAY better than convert recast. especially since i've used convert about 3 times since abyssea came out.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I;ve always been for a redesign of RDM tier 1 merits. Problem is everyone else would whine and want redesigns for their classes too. I'd keep convert recast and add "Magic Accuracy" (which would basically be all the elemental magic accuracy merits rolled into one), +Enspell Damage and one more than I can't think of right now.
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enhance Composure to add more accuracy and add subtle blow to Enspells.

Saboteur recast

I don't see why SE can't rework merits right now. The just increased the caps.
    It's not like they need to work on FF14. That already failed and no one is going to give it another shot.
    (1)

Saboteur recast

It's not like they need to work on FF14. That already failed and no one is going to give it another shot.
    Any improvements they have for merits are probably going to be added to the lvl 99 version of merits. They already confirmed that there will be new merits at 99.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96

Saboteur recast

Lies and slander. Yes they failed, but I know for myself that when they release the PS3 version (indicating that it is on a level of acceptable play) I'll be trying it out again. I know I'm not the only one either. It's a good game in theory, but needs a whole helluvalot more tweaking and additions to it to make it anywhere near worth $13/month.

On the subject of merits, I think they're a little bland. But I've put three points into Ice and two into earth, one into convert recast. Dunno why. But I do know that magic accuracy for Ice and Earth are the best (along with Wind for gravity and silence when needed) for landing Paralyze and Slow, respectively. So they're not useless.

"Merits" for Composure and Saboteur are probably going to be at 99. I say "merits" because SE has stated that it will be a different system at 99 than the one at 75.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    On the subject of merits, I think they're a little bland. But I've put three points into Ice and two into earth, one into convert recast. Dunno why. But I do know that magic accuracy for Ice and Earth are the best (along with Wind for gravity and silence when needed) for landing Paralyze and Slow, respectively. So they're not useless.

"Merits" for Composure and Saboteur are probably going to be at 99. I say "merits" because SE has stated that it will be a different system at 99 than the one at 75.
    We could use some of those improvements now, not much later when 99 finally makes its appearance.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast