Player

Dancer Artifact Body quest cannot be completed [Playstation 2]

Platform:
    Playstation 2 (although this also happens on the Playstation 3)

ISP:
    Time Warner

Type of Internet Connection:
    Broadband fiber optic

Internet Connection Speed:
    ~10Mb/sec

Date & Time:
    Since around March 1st dating until now (March 8th)

Frequency:
    1. Always

Character Name:
    MercenaryX

Race:
    Hume

World:
    Valefore, but I've heard plenty of people in other servers get the exact same problem, namely Asura.

Main Job:
    DNC60

Support Job:
    /NIN30 or /WAR30

Area and Coordinates:
    Upper Jeuno (G-7)

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    Laila

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

*I talked to the NPC to complete the final task required to receive my Dancer Artifact Body armor. After participating in a dancing competition against the other performers during the quest called "Comeback Queen" and winning, the final cut scene will ensue. During the cut scene, Laila has 2 flash backs. The first flash back is of her adult self standing on the edge of the water in Jugner Forest looking out into the distance. That part takes a bit long to load, but then the camera will return to present day Upper Jeuno. Soon after, there is another flash back of her child self, as she recalls the day she heard the sound of the pipe playing. Just as she turns around and puts her hands to her ears to listen, the cut scene stops working and Laila (child version) is stuck there with her hands to her ears staring into the woods with her back to the camera. She does not move, and it forces the player to be stuck in the middle of the cut scene. The only way out of the cut scene is if you restart your Playstation 2 manually by hitting the reset button. When you return, you do not have your Artifact body armor, and the game does not record that you won the dance competition. I have attempted to finish the cut scene over 10 times in the last week and the furthest I've gotten into the cut scene is where she has another flash back and is performing in front of the fountain in Bastok Markets[S] and there is a crowd of people cheering for her. Then the story stops again.
    (0)

Hey there MercenaryX.

Thank you for filling out all the details that's required for the report! I apologize for the trouble and frustration you've been going through. We will be forwarding the current issue to try and get it resolved. As we continue to look into this issue, any updates will be posted within the forums once they become available. Thank you for your patience!
    -Xophious
    (0)