Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Job Trials 91-99

Theres been a LOT of noise about the easy exp and increase in HLNs (high level noobs, need to impose the acronym) So I was thinking (not so hard) a way of getting to the middle point of no grind but CHALLENGE.... thats where it hit me...

What if... you dont level trough EXP from 91 to 99 but earn each level with a quest/mission/solo battlefield designed specifically for your job and forcing you to learn how to play it, being in a party, solo, support etc.

I wont post the details, just the idea.

Kinda like the Maat fights, or the avatar mini trials

Those kind of battle fields teach you a lot of your job, or at leas make you look for a guide or advice, so, by the time everyone is 99 they really know their job

Content outside Abyssea is pretty much an easy ride for 90s, no point in being 99 just so you dont get aggro, so, being 90 would be enough to enjoy old content lowmaning the missions and stuff, but lvl 99 woulb be something just the ones really dedicated to their job can achieve.

Discuss...
    (2)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Not leveling through EXP? How would you de-level?
    (0)

well, make it so each quest is like a level cap, and makes you level automatically, but still have the exp there soyou can delevel and... just grind your way back to 99??? really I see no point, how often people delevel these days???
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    we doa quest / limit break now every 5 lvls running around to do one per lvl be a pain in the @ss more then anything doing a quest still not going to teach a nub how to play their jobs... getting hald dozen k crests and a couple merits... or running out to get couple items from eldieme , garlaige and crawlers next didnt teach them and they had to breach that as well as beat maat to get to 90 still mind u having to travel to the past to fight maat in his prime would be interesting as the final cap XD
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They HLN beated Maat as we did, and they still don't know the jobs basis, i don't see in what would do the difference.. T.T
    (0)

the HLN beated maat in the job they do play, the concern seems to be the people that grab other jobs and level them overnight not knowing the simplest thing the "career" players do

Brand New players are few an they still need to stop at some points and to level they need the help from friends taht really would need to have the "responsability" to teach them, they are not the "problem" here.

And the 91 - 99 "limit breaks" should not be an anoyance if they are desingned right, plus thats what people are asking for no? to "earn" the level, a quest/fight FOCUSED on your job and for each job you wish to take (not one generic for all your jobs) should do at least something to make you work to learn the job.

That said, I am just suggesting and idea, and just to get to a neutral ground on both sides of an argument. Im more partial to the "easy" exp since I am casual and the easy exp allows me to acomplish leveling without grind. And no, Im not lazzy, just have as an adult a bunch of things to do besides playing the game but still want to enjoy it at some level, and I dont think Ill be a noob at the jub Im playing for long as I usually read about how to play said job and ask for advice, why would I level a job and not want to play it like a pro????
    (1)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Agarak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I really like your idea. As career SCH i loved the storyline about that job. It would be really cool to get such a thing again. I think a lot of people would enjoy it to play a story created around their favourite job.

So I got another suggestion in addition to that:
    With progress in that story you can unlock spells/JAs/etc. That would force ppl with multiple jobs to play the other storys too and prevent to just pick the easiest job and run through it.
    (0)

Yeah, thats what I was trying to say, the limit break is just valid for the job you unlock it for. And the suggestion to gain an automatic level as you complete each limit break is so you dont have to go back to grind just 1 level and go back to questing, tho it would certanly halt the fast progress of player, but I think it would be more anoyinh than challenging.

Making each level worth for 1 fight/quest/plot and making it so you can only try it once each rl day instead of farming an item like testimonies would be less anoying and would make you thing your strategy each time you fail insted of just try it, fail, farm, try again till you get lucky.
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like this OP.
    It's colorful and filled with dynamic gameplay idea's.

I would welcome it, even if it meant the Lv95 Limit Break meant in doing these "Job Trials".
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Eh? High level /= skilled; never has, nor should it. The game is little about skill anyway.

This more sounds like "SE give me a meters tick by which to discriminate against other players" Also, "Lock HLN players out of new/interesting content"
    This isn't school, its not a job, we are not competing in the game of life. Its just a game. Some people will enjoy it because they have to figure out challenging battles, some will because they don't want to think about it and just goof around.
    Every Single player has gotten thru the Maat fight once, I don't see how this would accomplish what you want. Let social responses handle social problems.
    (2)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast