Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Unconditional 12% Movement Speed

Dear Developers… why are things so unbalanced in this area?

This whole post began as a discussion on Ventrilo about movement speed between one of my sacks and myself. We pulled a table together. Without even looking at things like NIN boots....

Unconditional movement speed is a wonderful thing. I appreciate that we should work for it but things have gotten more and more unbalanced for certain jobs.

Any job which is wholly reliant on Herald’s gaiters from Tiamat or Crimson Cuisses from Kirin is considerably disadvantaged in comparison to others. Especially if you don’t RMT. The supply isn’t especially enormous even if you did scrape the gil together.

Mog Bonanzas aren’t cutting it. People don’t sell these shoes, they get them and hold onto them. They don’t often make it to the Auction House.

WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH all have access to Herald's Gaiters from Tiamat.

Remember we’re talking about unconditional movement speed here.

Why it is acceptable that some jobs get access to three forms of unconditional 12% movement speed and in COR’s case one of those is buyable from the Auction House when WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH only have access to gaiters?

At this point in the game paying over 10m gil for a pair of gaiters seems to contradict everything you’ve strived for by implementing Abyssea and reducing the dependence on gil. Even if a linkshell is capable of camping and killing Tiamat, the gaiters don’t always drop and the high price on them means that other members in your group are reluctant to let them go. In terms of difficulty of obtaining, I’d take a piece of Empyrean Armour or a 100% drop from an easy NM in Abyssea over a high level Wyrm whose window is huge and who doesn’t guarantee to drop, any day.

DNC gets free unconditional movement speed feet for 10mins work…

RDM/DRK/BLU/DRG/PLD all have access to Crimson/Blood Cuisses from Kirin

Please for the love of Altana improve the drop rate on Wyrmal Abjuration: Legs. My linkshell and many others are so demoralised that we’ve all but given up. We used to farm sky but it took us 3 years to see one pair of blood cuisses completed. I’ve only ever seen two pairs drop in my entire FFXI career. We capped out on Shura Togi/Kirin Osodes long before we saw a freaking pair of Cuisses. No one wants to do Kirin in shell anymore because it’s so depressing and they know it’s such a long waiting list. We’ve been up since the level cap has gone up and he’s an easy kill now but you need to collect a bunch of seals and then get lucky on the drop rate.

What’s bugging me is the inbalance. I don’t mind working hard towards a piece but for me 10-15 million gil is a ludicrously high amount to try and find and Kirin's drop rate is so low on W legs that its hard to find support for famring him.

I’ve completed Salvage sets, almost all mission lines, multiple relic sets, many many pieces of EAF etc and would work my butt off towards unconditional movement speed on my jobs but I can’t get it.

I have WHM/BLM/RDM/SCH/SMN/BRD/COR/PLD at 90. COR could buy hermes (occasionally but possible), BRD I have completed the EAF feet for. The rest? Outta luck. I had 7 of these jobs at 75 before Abyssea came out and most of them for several years.

Please improve the Wyrmal Abjuration: legs drop rate and give us alternatives for all those jobs restricted by either Kirin or Tiamat.
    (8)
    Last edited by Eldelphia; 05-20-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    http://eldelphia.wordpress.com

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    The only problem here is Tiamat. Kirin is EASILY done with a group of 3-5 (SMN perfect defense + 2-3 strong melee would be pretty much minimum) and with the way triggers drop now, you can get up to 4 sets of Kirin after killing just one of each of the 8 trigger nms. ONE round of trigger nms can (and usually will) net you TWO full sets of god pops. Those will usually net you FOUR Kirin pops. So what if you did like two rounds of trigger nms? Up to 8 Kirins, etc. Unless you're saying that sky is absolutely filled with people on your server. You can trio all the gods with ease at 90, you can basically duo any of the trigger nms with dd+healer, and kirin is easily 5-manned. And with the sheer amount of sets you could be burning through, the low drop-rate wouldn't be noticed. My old LS went 0/200+ on Ridill while other shells were freelotting them. It's all about luck I suppose... I don't believe that wyrmal abjuration: legs drop rate is as low as you say they are.

Atoreis from Ramuh (now Bahamut) does Kirin with no 2hrs as WHM MNK WAR. Granted the mnk and war have Verethragna and Ukonvasara respectively but it's possible if you actually want to do ALL of your Kirin sets in one sitting.

What my group (of 3 players + 2 mules) does is just go up to sky, kill whatever is up, then move on with life. It doesn't take that much time. Yes, the lottery bullshit still stands. You could spend 2 seconds popping despot or 7 hours and not pop it. But we just leave when it gets too lame. You don't need to make an entire LS event for sky but if you did I guarantee you'll make more kirin sets than you think you would have.

Once again, Tiamat seems to be the only crappy bottleneck. Tiamat won't sit around and wait specifically for YOU to claim it. Tiamat doesn't even spawn daily! Terrible.

Hermes Sandals are not an issue, they're just expensive and only because they USED to cost a lot less. They were in the 2 mil range when Dark Ixion was first introduced.

Although I do agree, there is an imbalance.

In the meantime, another easily obtainable movement speed gear for your mages are Tatsumaki Sitagoromo with movement speed 8%.

I've long since given my mule accounts my gaiters and just used the tatsumaki.

Good luck, hope this thread works out.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yarly; 05-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Trotter's Boots.
    (4)

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I appreciate that we seem to have had exceptionally bad luck with kirin but we really have only seen 1 pair drop as a shell.
    (0)
    http://eldelphia.wordpress.com

Player
    You know you can get +8% movement pants by just doing the easy-as-all-get-out "A Shantotto Ascension" add-on. You have to select one of the three pants, but each one covers like 7 jobs. Since you seemed to focus on mage jobs, you can even get Cure Potency +5% to boot! So it may not be 12% from Herald's Gaiters, but it's something. RDM can use the mage one also instead of W. Legs. But I agree with other posters. W. Legs not that terrible to get now. Herald's Gaiters... that's just ridiculous.
    (0)

A while back I suggested a new merit category with movement speed, regen and refresh values.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Burn brd to 90, it's what I did so I could run faster.
    (1)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Burn brd to 90, it's what I did so I could run faster.
    She has BRD at 90, but you`d know that if you actually read the post.
    (1)

sorry, I've just never seen the need for every job to have every other job's abilities. That goes for native, gained from gear, whatever. That's why there are 20 jobs instead of just 1 where you buy items/abilities to essentially just merit your character from level 1 onwards. If you want a certain job's abilities/gear, then set it as your job. You want every job to have +12% movement, ok, if all 20 have that it is referred to as "normal speed".

My bard doesn't have the ability to do 2-3k damage in a single ability, therefore SE needs to either nerf every job that does or add a 2-3k damage ability to my bard. Sounds ridiculous? Makes as much sense and is just as valid as this thread.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    She has BRD at 90, but you`d know that if you actually read the post.
    You don't have to. It can becondenced down to; Complaining. Why can I run fast on everything with no effort? Complaining. Why do I have to camp end game bosses for it? Complaining.

Go to WOG and buy sprinter's shoes for 750AN ea. Problem solved.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast