Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

/seek Chat Mode- "LEVEL 32 PUP LOOKING FOR PARTY...ANYONE? PLEASE?"

I think it would be extremely useful to have a unique chat mode that is exclusive to players who are currently Looking for Party. The chat could default to this mode when a player flags up and allow players to communicate (there should be separate channels so that players are grouped within level ranges) with everyone else who is looking for a group, regardless of zone. I'm thinking it would be best if this was separated into 10 level ranges, i.e. 10-19 chat, 20-29 chat, etc.

It would be like an array of pseudo-linkshells, and when you flag up you would automatically join the appropriate one. Not with a list players or anything, its only function would be for communication. Maybe the text could be a dull purple or something, so that it conveys a sense of 'background' communication while being distinct.

I think this would help a lot with people who are trying to join/create conventional parties. If you don't like seeing this chat channel when you flag up, you could have the option to turn it off- but it should default to on. Also, these channels should only be joined when a player chooses the green Experience Points flag after LFP.

Any thoughts on this? I'm sure there's a lot to be played around with concerning this idea, but the main point is to have an automatic, simple, and non-obstructive chat mode that provides a way (or maybe even an excuse) to communicate with the people in your level range who are seeking a party. It's essentially just starting the conversation in order to get people grouped together more quickly and readily; sort of a nudge.
    (6)
    Last edited by Selzak; 05-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    This would be a great idea. It would be nice to get a little more info from people when they are flagged than the small amount you can put in your comment.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah I like this. People hardly bother to read seacoms anyways =/ This, or the ability to seek on multiple jobs would be cool.
    (0)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    This would be pretty useless.

I can round up 5 other people in like 10 minutes (willing that the correct jobs are available) by just /sea all 20-30 invite

Assuming you're not dealing with complete noobs (pray that they have access to all areas) I don't see why anyone would need anything more than the information of their job, sub job, and level.

Now if you were able to /check people that were looking for party to be sure you weren't inviting any gimps, that would be something I would sign a petition for.
    (0)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    This idea really is just global chat that you need to flag up to use. I can see a flag up, mentor status, or something along those lines activation to get into the global chat but there's a few problems with this.

For starters, chat "channels" can only accomodate so many people. This is why we are limited on how many people can be in a linkshell (at least one of the major reasons). Shout isn't a chat channel, it's an extended /say mode. Shout is AoE and is thus, not a "channel". So, for the same reasons as linkshells being limited, a global chat channel wouldn't be implemented.

I'm not against such a thing but I don't its possible from a technical standpoint, especially considering certain "limitations".
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    I'm not against such a thing...

Well, I am against it. Because I'm a Lv31 WHM, and I want to leech/keywhore in Abyssea, but Port Jeuno is just too crowded and laggy for me. If they had a 10 Lv range limit, then I wouldn't be able to reach higher levels, so they can hear me beg to be a chest opener.

So if they had a chat channel with no level range, then I'm ok with that. And also while we're on topic... Why does Abyssea have to be Lv30 cap? They should just lower the limit to Lv1 and call it a day, don't you agree?
    (1)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Well, I am against it. Because I'm a Lv31 WHM, and I want to leech/keywhore in Abyssea, but Port Jeuno is just too crowded and laggy for me. If they had a 10 Lv range limit, then I wouldn't be able to reach higher levels, so they can hear me beg to be a chest opener.

So if they had a chat channel with no level range, then I'm ok with that. And also while we're on topic... Why does Abyssea have to be Lv30 cap? They should just lower the limit to Lv1 and call it a day, don't you agree?
    ...what? Why did you even quote me, to be sarcastic (poorly at that)? What does my post have to do with any of the things you said?
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post

Sarcasm I think.

Make your own video game if you are so displeased with how the dev. team is handling FFXI. They make the game, we play it. There's only so much feedback SE can take from people who have no experience in video game design of any sort.

On topic congruent with that post: No, those ideas are piss-poor. The starter level for Abyssea should be 75, because level 30~75 really don't have anything to offer inside abyssea.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selzak View Post
    there should be separate channels so that players are grouped within level ranges

you could have the option to turn it off- but it should default to on. Also, these channels should only be joined when a player chooses the green Experience Points flag after LFP.
    ...It's essentially just starting the conversation in order to get people grouped together more quickly and readily; sort of a nudge.
    This is a very good idea, and one of the better written posts I've seen in a while. Well done.

There are a few technical features I'd shy away from though. First off, going to the channel automatically could cause problems. Just because you're seeking, doesn't mean you want experience points. As often as not, it's just used to let others around you know you need an invite, in the context of events. You might in fact want to be in a linkshell chat for other reasons.

Secondly, I'd shy away from grouping people into level ranges. If one is going to do traditional exp, one may be fine with syncing down from 65 to 55, or what have you. In this day and age, you're not likely to find 5 other people in your own range anyway.

This wouldn't have to be just for persons seeking traditional exp, but for anyone seeking any form of exp, duos, MMM, or Abyssea.

Also, there could be other channels as well. There could be one for missions and quests as well, one for crafting, etc.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Someone explain to me what more needs to be said than:

Job(level)/subjob(level) looking for party
    experience points can I have it?
    level sync OK/No, thank you.
    (Insert additional credentials here)

And don't say that sometimes people don't read /seacom because that will still happen if this idea is implemented. You'll still flag up, and still get random /tells independent on whatever conversation is going on in this hypothetical 'channel'
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast