Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trying to do 65+ outside of Abyssea is making me want to quit

Yes, I know, y'all had it harder than us newbs, etc etc, and maybe I should go play WoW.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I have to say this - I cannot stand playing right now... well that is not true. I love playing on my level 32 blue mage. Stuff dies fairly quickly, the exp is great, I'm doing pages, getting tabs and having a grand ole time.

But the thing is, I want to get my BST 66 (well it was 67 but I died and deleveled tonight - yay for negative progress!) to cap.

This is my first time being above 40, and I have to say that the only way I can exp without wanting to scrape my eyes out of my sockets is to sync down.

I would happily do Abyssea - but I am fairly sure the only thing I could do is leech, and well, I have nothing really to offer in return.

Anyway, long story short - something needs to be fixed about the levels past 65. It takes like 2 minutes to kill easy prey and it is boring as hell. It isn't like there is any real danger... nope... the only danger is that I will rage quit the game before I slowly, painfully, scrape each HP off of the ridiculous HP bar of the mob I am fighting.

It isn't fun. At all.

And yes, I can sync down, but honestly - if the best ways to level 65+ are to either sync down or to leech exp... then something is broken.
    (6)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    It isn't fun, at all.

Why don't you want to leech in Abyssea? Everyone else is doing it!
    (1)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Well, I did once and it was really boring... but beyond that I don't have enough cruor for keys and I have nothing else to offer anyone, and my LS doesn't really do Abyssea events.
    (2)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Well, I did once and it was really boring...

I hear ya there man.
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Player
    Frankly, Olor, this game, in it's current state, may not be for you then.

Square-Enix is trying to enforce high-level group content on the rest of us.
    (1)

I would love to join said high-level group content. I am just being bored to death by a wall of extremely slow exp.
    (0)

Player
    Prior to level-sync, one simply went to where the best exp was for that level, toughed it out, and made the most of it.

For some time now, level-sync has made it possible to exp at easier, better camps.

Other than that, try MMM. The mobs sync to you, or to the lowest level member of the party. It's good exp and lots of fun. You can make the mobs anything from Easy Prey to Incredibly Tough, all without level syncing down.

Best of luck,

Panthera
    (1)

Character
    Seshamaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Make friends with a War a Smn with Alex and an EVA job I find works best and make a fell cleave static. Once your Blu gets capped you can get a Charged Whisker setup and and "Fell Cleave" that way n let your war friend leech/key. Rinse and Repeat and start enjoying the endgame content^^
    (0)

Hey thanks for the ideas and encouragement Sesh, Panthera.

I really wish SE would hurry up and fix campaign. If they boosted exp to where it was almost comparable with abyssea for people from 60-75, I would be SO FRIGGING HAPPY.

I want to play with other people... soloing was fine for the first 50 levels but man is it ever sucking now.
    (0)

Character
    Seshamaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ya campaign is silly nowadays SE does really need to revamp it badly
    1HR Bastion = 50k+ xp
    1HR Campaign = 10kish and only if you're at least 65 < Lame
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast