DRK Lv 90

New Job Class ~ "Psionicist"

New Job: Psionicist (aka psychic)
    Combat/Psychic skill level
    Psychic: A
    Throw: -A
    Staff: -B
    Sword: C
    Throw in particular, paired with a new psychic TP moves, Empower and "True Strike" could make it quite powerful, similar to rangers.

Keeping with the "Dancer" template, I would suggestion utilizing the 6 traditional classification of psychi powers. Namely, Clairsentience, Metapsyonics, Psychokenisis, psycholmetabolism, psychoprtation, and Telepathy. These major divisions, similarly to Dancers "waltzs, sambas, etc"; would each have divisions within their particular branch. Similarly, TP would be the fuel for this moves and each would have a cooldown period and share recast timers within their groupings.

A special note about Psionict TP. Even though in traditional psionic, a user could master melee particularly the "sensei', in FFXI I would classify them a weak on par with magic-users and other "back line" jobs. Therefore, since the opportunity to actually attack physically would be limited I'd like to introduce specific job traits that help a psychic refill their TP bar without actually striking, Regain, Focus Thoughts(aka. Clear Mind), and "Meditate". The (3) Job traits will be discussed later.

JOB ABILITIES
    Lvl 1 - "Hyper-Meditation"
    Lvl 15 - Psychokinesis. Players manipulate objects and force.
    Lvl 20- Telepathy. Players affect sled and others minds.
    Lvl 25- Clairsentience. Players sees through time and space.
    Lvl 30 - Psychometabolism. Players affect their own bodies and others.
    Lvl 35 - psychoprtation. Player manipulates space and time.
    Lvl 40- Meta-psionics. Players manipulate and augment affects of psionics.
    *note: Each of the above names are arbitary and subject to change, as are the level appropriateness. Basic template/format follows Advanced Dungeons and Dragons descriptions and use.

"Hyper-Meditation". Duration: 1min. Recast: 2hr. Psionicist enters a hyper meditative state completely filling their TP bar to 300% and allowing a bonus to all psychic powers. Special note. All powers casting times and recast remain the same. Also, Due to extreme energy use, players TP bar is emptied, psychic powers are locked out for 1min(similar to bluemage spell-list reset), and job traits regain and "meditate" are locked. However, Focus thought works normally. This follows the /JA use.

JOB TRAIT
    Being Quasi-parapsychological(mental) I don't want to confuse the nature of the psychic and magical jobs. Therefore, most suggestions will follow their magical counterparts except changing MP into TP, and TP maintance. As such, I've made the following adjustments

Lvl 15 - Focus Thought I (aka Clear Mind)
    Lvl 20 - Alertness I
    Lvl 25 - Widescan I
    Lvl 30- Auto Regain.
    Lvl 35 - "Iron will I"
    Lvl 40 - "Dominate I"

Focus Thought(aka Clear Mind). A player enters a meditative state quickly recovering TP while resting. This passive trait mimic the tiered versions of clear mind.

Auto Regain. A player has learned to harness hidden portion of the mind. Regain +1 TP/tic.

"Dominate". a player's mastery of the self helps to impose his will on others. A bonus to all powers use against opponents.

"Iron Will I". A Players mastery of self, blocks attempts at dominations. A bonus to defense rolls from both psionics and magical domination(for examples. Amnesia, charm, paralyze, terror, etc.).

The job traits wide scan and alertness operate as normal.

POWERS
    Note.
    * Keeping with the dancer job, I'd like to maintain the "categoric" nature and assign various powers to groups of families.
    * For the most part, I skimmed the monster moves(similar to bluemages) as a reference point. Also, being that these moves exist "IN GAME" I figured might be easier to program a link than a brand new "move".
    *. Though in traditional Psionics, the job was able to manipulate elements, I tried to eliminate this function as to avoiding stepping on mages toes, with a few exceptions.
    *. Being mental in nature, all psionics bypass the ninja shadows. Why? They are only illusions and the central mind of the ninja is never hidden from the psionicist. So to will invisible spells and other like-spells are avoided.
    *. Most psionics unless specified will be centered on the psionicist themselves.
    *. As a special note, I have yet to decide whether or not psionicist abilities should be instant use or like a dancer, build up in strength and effect over "5 steps".

I will not list any specific levels for any moves, nor actual TP costs preferring to leave this open to discussion. I will reference specific monster families and/or moves for easier discussion.

PSYCHOKINESIS. Players manipulate objects and force.
    ---Ironshield(aka Immortal Shield.(soul flayer) creates a barrier of force to protect from damage. Duration based. 10-15sec.
    ---Shockwave(Behemoth). AoE damaged centered on self. Add effects. Moderate Knockback.
    ---Braincrush(lizard). Centers a force on single target causing damage and silence.
    ---ChargedWisker.(Couerl). Builds and releases a static discharge from self.
    ---Sonicwave(aka Roar). A player releases a cone of supersonic sound. Add effect defense down.
    ---Whirlwind.(manticore). A player raise a maelstrom of wind around a target. Damage. Additional effect choke.
    ---ThermalPulse.(warmacampra). A player intensifies thermal energies around themselves. Intense heat damage for all targets with AoE range. Short range. Duration 10-30 sec. Add effect. Blazespikes. Please note this ability can be expanded to include all elemental damage of various types. Ie, fire>ice>Thunder, etc.
    ---Painfulwhip(uvgantes). Creates a painful, physical pain to all targets within a cone.
    ---Deathray.(heceteyes). Creates orbs of darkness and damages all targets with a cone.
    ---Heatwave.(Bomb). Creates a extreme "burn" on a single target. Add effect. Ice resistance down similar to AM.
    ---Detonate. Creates a small explosion around a target. Major damage target, surrounding tagets in AoE minor damage.
    ---Empower. greatly increases the kinetic force of throw objects or melee swing. Tier I - IV. Each tier roughly 10-15% damage increase.
    ---"Jessie'sRangeMelee". A player expands the area of a regular melee attack. Ex. A player activates this and their staff attack can hit from further away...ie Out of most AoE's.
    ---Disinergrate. Destroys the molecules of a targets armor. Effect def down. Large mobs direct damage.

TELEPATHY. Players affect their own mind and the minds of others
    ---Mindblast.(soul flayer). A psychic blast damaging all target in a cone. Add effect: Paralysis.
    ---Mindpurge.(soulflayer). Dispels 3 buffs of a target. Or dispels 3 enfeebs on a party member.
    ---Immortalmind.(soulflayer). 100%defense from mind assaults(ex. Charm, amnesia, terror). Duration 1min.
    ---Terror.(Wyrms). creates an irrational terror in targets mind completely immobilizing them. Duration 30sec.
    ---Amensia.(imps). Psychic assault causing loss of job abilities to single target.
    ---Addle.(redmage). Increases casting time(and/or job ability timers) 30%. single target.
    ---intimidate.(pugils). Cause slow due to psychic assault. Moderate strength.
    ---Braindrain.(leech). A players cause a target to revert into childhood. Decrease Int and Mind.
    ---SpiritVacuum(aka absorb-TP). a pscionic which drains a target of willpower(TP).
    ---Nightmare.(diabolous). Places a single target into their worst nightmare. Causes sleep with strong DoT.
    ---Riddle.(manticore). Cause a single target into a mental loop. Effects are MP down and TP "lock"(no TP gain for anything).
    ---"Feed Enimty". A pscionicist redirects all enmity to another target. Or, simply erases it on himself...debatable.

CLAIRSENTIENCE. Players sees through time and space.
    ---TrueSight.(Taurus and NM's). A pscionicist "sees" past illusions to the true nature of reality. Useful against the ninjutsu:Utsemi, mimics, and invisible monsters and players.
    ---TrueInvisibility. A players erases their presences completely. Add effect: Enimity reset.
    ---"Blink". a player "sees" into the future and defends true. Regular attacks miss, criticals downgrade to regular attacks. Possibly 3-5 defends
    ---"True Strike". a player sees slightly into the future and strikePossible miss attacks land, regular attacks become criticals. Possible 3-5 attacks swings debatable.

PSYCHOMETABOLISM. Players affect their own bodies and others.
    ---"Gain".(spell). A single targets stats increase moderately(10-15pts). This type of gain could possible be a reverse "absorb" that is a psionicist trait could drop in points and be given to target. Various stats for ex, STR,INT,VIT etc. To include Acc, MAcc, evasion, etc.
    ---"Drain".(spell). A single targets stats are decrease moderately(10-15points). Same as Absorb-type spells without the absorb. Various stats. To include all types of stats Acc, MAcc, Mdef, Evasion etc.
    ---Regeneration.(leech). A players harnesses the hidden reserves to boost healing. ( Regen 2 or 3) duration 1min.
    ---"Purify". a player when afflicted with poison, bio, or any status aliment reverse it. For example, a player is Bio'd, they "purify" and gain HP at bio rate.
    ---Frenzied Rage. a player boosts their attack by 20%.
    ---Ironskin(aka HardenedShell).(adamontoise). increase def. Or stoneskin.(note. Damage pts AND duration) 30 sec.
    ---ToxicSpit.(Eft). A player creates a noxious poison within their bodies and spits it at a single target.(Venom).
    ---Secretion.(lizard). A players release adrenaline and boost reaction time. Effect evasion up.
    ---Infrasonic.(worms). a Player creates mild imbalance within a targets ears. Evasion down.
    ---BoilingBlood.(wiivre). Increase blood temperature and flow. haste and berserk.
    ---Pandemic Nip.(Gnat). Transfers a enfeeb unto a target.
    ---Paindisplacement. a players is able to block pain for short period of time but after duration full impact hits them. For ex. No damage for 30sec-1min then whatever is accumulate hits them. A work in progress.
    ---BoostSpeed. a player increases their movement speed at the cost of HP. Addition effect:Weakness. Duration 3min.

Psychoportation. Player manipulates space and time.
    ---Ectosmash.(ghost). A player is able to use a single weaponskill stroke from a distance teleporting in.
    ---DimensionalDeath.(shadow). A player summons an infinitely sharp gate to cause damage. Physical armor ignore, magical defenses works normally.
    ---PenumbralImpact.(Djinn). A player opens gate to negative plane causing direct dark damage. AoE on target.
    ---PheniluneEmbrace.(gnoles). A players opens a gate to positive plane. Effect AoE HP recover and erase.
    ---Teleport. a player is able to recall a targets memory and "warp" them to it. Basically, a single person tele-whatever. To possible include all tele's, recall's, warp2, and Retrace.

METAPSIONICS. Players manipulate and augment affects of psionics.
    ---Amplification.(Flan). a player increase the power to his psionics for short period of time. 10% increase to TP costs. Increase effects on all psionics.
    ---"Expansion". A players expands the AoE and/or distance of powers of a single target.
    ---"Hyper". a player is able to boosts "next" effect of a target's job abilitiy. For example, using this on say redmage will grant the redmage an extra "saboteur" effect or blackmage "Elemental Seal" etc. Maybe a better description is erases the recast timers of job abilities. 2hours aren't affected or timer is halved?
    ---"Saturation". a player increase targets HP and/or MP. Think reverse-curse.
    This part is seriously lacking.
    (2)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just level Blue Mage these are all potential spells we will be getting from 90-99 and some of them we already have. This isn't worth anyones time to read End Thread
    (2)

Character
    Capnsavahoe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I just want to know how people come up with this job names and abilities, really. I mean dude, we get it, you like the game [we all do]
    (0)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 05-21-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    @ #2 and #3: Stop being D1cks.

While I applaud you for having creativity (alot of creativity), the warrant for another 2~3 Job additions would never see light, unless SE plans to release a final expansion. As much as I would like them to add new Jobs, and I'm sure everyone else would like that as well, maybe "Psionocist" could follow a more traditional Job name like "Oracle" or "Seer", something along those lines.

That being said, there is just WAY too many abilities there man... You gatta narrow it down more.
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    new job : LEECHER

already lvl30 when you unlock it
    JT enhanced coffer (several tier) coffer you open gives higher bonus
    JT key expertize: can use key without loosing it
    JA opening: open all the coffer of one type in front of you (conal"AoE")
    JA (2h) write scolls: your xp in current lvl drop to 0, you create a scroll item that upon use give as much xp as you loosed (scroll can be used on other job)
    JA recup time: lower your remaing time in aby by 30 min(+ abyssite bonus) give you one stone
    (14)
    Last edited by hiko; 05-21-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post

JA (2h) write scolls: your xp in current lvl drop to 0, you create a scroll item that upon use give as much xp as you loosed (scroll can be used on other job)
    JA recup time: lower your remaing time in aby by 30 min(+ abyssite bonus) give you one stone
    I roared with laughter at this, thanks
    (2)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post

I want this job! As for the original post, TLDR.
    (1)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    @ Habiki while some of the "spells" a Bluemage possess, I think the gameplay would be quite different. Saying a spell is used the same and not needed is like say why have redmage, dark night, and bluemages when a BLM can do it better. Just as all 3 of those jobs plays differently, just so would a "Psioncist"(yes the name is crap).
    If this job is built with the same sorta of structure as a dancer, that is TP use, distinct categories, and several levels of power(steps) excepts as a more damage dealer or tank/control job, then I can see a place for this job.
    While the list I provided was a bit large, SquareEnix could conceivably, limit the power to a few but power them up. As an example, "force push" being both straight damage and knowckback, could through TP cost, go from a relative mild attack and knock back effect to "step 5" a powerful damage and knock back effect. So to can this method be applied to the remaining powers.
    Let's look at a Bluemage vs Psioncist comparison. Haste. A Bluemage casts refueling and receives a set amount if haste. A psionicist using "speed" could go from haste -1 > haste +3(I'm using general terms what the actual numbers is ?). Let look at defense. Cocoon gives what +100 defense or so? Imagine a Psioncist, which uses several tiers of "Ironskin" to go from +25 > +150 defense?
    With various TP gaining abilities, a psionicist will be constantly maintain several levels of power and aggressive moves, rather than simply casting several head butts or solo skill chain.
    I can envision several styles of play depending on abilities. While I originally, thought of this job as a ranged/dancer job, a tank could easily be accomplished through uses of tank abilities(Ironskin) and mind control(ie enmity moves such as several tries of "provoke").
    (0)

Psionicist is a dumb name, make it something simpler.
    (1)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    While I don't particularly like "Psychics" (real world or game world), the only example of such a job in past FF games was in FFX-2, so if I were designing a job like this, I'd try to use that as the basic template. (Link to info about the job)

Just a thought (hmm... did I have to post this, or did you already know I was going to say it?)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast