Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90

Red Mage - /job ability "Magic Arrow" <me>...suggestion.

I tend to player my RDM as a jack-of-all-trade. I actually run around carrying a bow and arrow, plus some throwing items. My suggestion is to create a new /ja that grants RDM's the ability to have "magic arrows" in the ammo slot at the cost of a % of mp pool, similar to "diabolical eye"(DRK).
    Once a RDM player activates this ability, their mp pool drops by say 10-15%. Duration could be 1min(3min with composure). The "magic arrows" damage could be scaled to either Divine or enfeeble skill level or just a set damage(moderate). Being magical in nature, they have no add delay only what the bow itself gives.
    I would also suggest that this job ability be low enough so that subbing RDM would give rangers and other classes this "free arrow" option.
    (3)

Well it's definately a different take, it might work well as a sub for demi-mage types like DRK and PLD if it's damage and acc are based off enfeebling/enhancing skill. If you based the accuracy and/or damage off the ranged calculations, it would probably suffer horribly due to RDM's low archery skill. However it would probably completely exclude other mage/demi-mage classes due to the lack of equippable bows, and other jobs due to lack of mp and enhancing/enfeebling skill.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I was tooling around with RDM/RNG last month and it is fun. Sidewinder deals plenty of damage. Yeah the D isn't good, but I have a mighty bow and I'll probably get a Failnaught for fun soon. The funny thing is we have more ranged accuracy gear than we have good melee gear.

At level 1-40 i used my bow on my RDM to deal damage instead of my black magic. As an Elvaan RDM neither is a great choice, but at least arrows didn't waste my MP. Sometimes my bow was dealing more than my nukes could anyways.

I would be a fan, of this and many other changes like this for RDM.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 05-21-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Make it the finger blast thing that Aquilo had in WoG.
    (0)

RDM Archery is even worse than RDM melee, but I have to admit, OP has a really neat idea. I'm sure it would be terrible, but I wouldn't mind screwing around with magic arrows. It sounds fun. I idle with a bow equipped anyways. xD
    (2)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Rdm/Rng is a monster is 60 cap ballista.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Eh, your heart's in the right place, but I'll pass on basically a Shield Mastery equivalent of usefulness that saps our gil per use.
    (0)

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i agree with the lack of any weapon worthy of rdm and the lack of any skill on throwing or ranged weapons check out my post on the future of rdm and the parse dam with rdm/nin at acc+900 with soul sushi +1 in belly haha. with buramenk'ah main and the xiutiliato 115 sub hand i parsed at best letting the whm heal (ya trust magic right) and after the 3rd run went all out attack with brd efffect on all melee RDM/nin parsed over 70k in under 13 min clear on 119 sacred kindred BCNM20 head chapter #1. fun as hell but yes rdm/ anythign is broken. i used to desighn game (all i can say i posted 2 JA and haste II (i agree) is needed ) my JA's i suggest work in line with current rdm enhancing magic equiped per effect and duration and even under composure nothing last 2.5 min or more on others with reuse of the JA having to wait at least 2.5 min seems right. ENDOW giving GAIN-spells or option to AOE TEMPER that max at +25 stats up chosen or +20% mage proc rate to double attack at 500 cap. call em what you want these to effects with haste II is needed by the math i know in game for 11 years and how RDM need compete with COR and BRD at a singular level where RDM can go now in 6 man setup with only 1 BRD or 1 COR and still be proper setup. RDM is so left out 99.9% beside fracture really if no SCH 3 setup stun can come. a little story is my first week in SEEKERS i had noting there was no sparkles 117 i had almace 90 only and no magic evasion gear. best LS on laskmi at time DELVED me into the FRACTURE on 1-5 TOJIL and with 17 only and me watching beat that run with 10 min left 3 times back to back to show me what it like. i was told to do NOTHING LMAO . ya impossible to gauge pro SCH 3 stun and the rest normal setup MNK smash your face up team!! SO rdm wasnt needed till server got low on SCH alot left game. you cant ask se to change rdm but to give RDM the small ability to DUELaga attack AOE 1 time every 5 min(lasting 2.5 max at 500 cap skill) and JA ENDOW the GAIN spells or AOE temper (the choice) of 20% mage chance double attack rate when skill is cap at 500. Duelaga need be at % worthy attack boost AOE'd to all party member in AOEffect range based again as said on ehnancing magic skill equiped for effect and duration as i said earlier ->(se to figure the stack on embrave or wildcard etc with songs) but with haste II to proper boost the rest of melee in 6 man setup and those 2 JA's we can go with 1 brd OR 1 COR now and be worthy on being in the melee cirlce if rdm/nin parsed proper now with haste II and BRD or COR effects. SE is ok with all day long 6 man with cor and brd (impossible to gauge ya) but leaving out the rest of server. RDM can bridge that gap and selve support it self in the cirlce as rdm/nin my utsusemi set is FC cap + -10% neck and i heal self if i even get low with SS up at max + seigal unlock and earring bonus meanwhile RDM while giving proper love to all in AOE effect range. if se dont want gain-spells to stack with whm boosts that fine as i posted rdm can aoe gain str or temper and whem can choose boost dex instead now or boost-str if rdm ENDOW'ed temper as choice. RDM is not to be a casting aoe effect in past but after brd and cor stole all postion in party and rdm/nin cant parse wuite enough yet the 2 new JA are needed and the haste II to proper DPS and parse worthy of invite and offer someting to others in return for still being 3rd rate DD after this fix but tthe other DD's will be boosted still and 1 COR and BRD alone with RDM will be proper setup for 119+ for sure. hope ya feel me and like this idea. the math says do this or RDM will diel. think on it. i dont want die after 1 years SE
    (0)

Player
    Please break up your posts...
    (3)

Ah Shanturu I hate to say but if you're going to keep rambling without even trying to break up the sentences with some commas and um, I'll just say it, coherent thoughts people just aren't going to read it. Now OP I hope I'm not misunderstanding but I would very much like to see red mage actually be able to shoot fire arrows or ice arrows or even lightning arrows. If you think about it the "fire", "ice" and "lightning" arrows we have now are actually just, ah "enfire" "enice" and "enlightening" arrows kinda ya know? And if you are just talking about simply ah "enmagic" arrows that's also cool
    (1)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast