Character
    Takhi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90

Mythic Weapon - How long?

Okay, the wife and kids are headed out of town to visit family for about 1.5 months. I can play about 3-4 hours during the week and as long as I want on the weekends. The question is, given my schedule, could I acquire my mythic weapon in that amount of time? I have next to nothing on any of my Aht Urghan missions, so I dont know exactly what everything entails, but I have heard it takes a lot of work! Also, if your bored and would be interested in helping me out, let me know! Thanks ahead of time.
    (0)
    -------------------------------------
    Takhi (RDM90/DRK45):Leviathan

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Unlikely, mythic weapons are the probably the hardest items to obtain in the game right now. You need 30k Alexandrite (worth about ~150M gil), complete all Assault missions again, get 100k Einherjar points, 100k Nyzul tokens, complete all Salvage areas (that should be comparably easy) and kill the beastmen leaders (this too, probably).

Just the effort you put into it, I don't think it can be done in 1.5 months. Getting 100k ampoules, even if you do it every 72 hours on the dot, spamming the highest tier Einherjar chambers constantly, it would take you about four months. So all in all, rather unrealistic I'm afraid.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Takhi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Well, guess I have 1.5 months to get started then.....
    (0)

Character
    Framerate
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (Please note my frustration is not to the OP, it's towards SE for the difficult nature of this quest *when* ToAU is no longer the games focus. Please give us a way to complete this, mainly the alexandrite part, when people are no longer doing Salvage regularly).

I have been on this quest for over 3 years now, I'm afraid. Assuming you're already Captain rank, killed Odin in Einherjar at least once and already a veteran Salvage player(if you're not, don't even consider starting this quest yet) you can flag the first quest.

To start, I assume you've killed the 4 Chariots and have the Odin title, so you need to kill the three ToAU Kings. They only spawn based on the strength of their besieged rankings (meaning they're not always up), require 3 one-time-use (or more) keys to enter their BC (the door cannot be opened from the inside) and most importantly DON'T DROP ANYTHING WORTHWHILE (seriously why SE didn't make them give some incentive to get help to kill...). At 75, it took a skilled linkshell 18 people, give or take, to take them down. An average linkshell would wipe with 23+ people. At 90, it's possible to wipe if you don't take it seriously but overall an easy fight. So at least you have that going for you. I killed Medusa again this week, took us 2 hours to farm keys and get all our people there, and we won with 14 with ease.

Then you move on to "Duties Tasks and Deeds". This is pretty much the entire quest. You will need to collect 30,000 alexandrite (5k-7k each), 100k Einherjar points (so you should already be in an einherjar shell that goes 2x a week on the dot...) and if you never lose you're looking at about 28 weeks of solid Einherjar without spending your ichor to get the 100k you need. You also need to be doing assaults. If you're captain, you can twice a week on Assaults with a sold group on Sunday (5 runs... 4 on the NPC and one on you) and probably 3 runs another day, 8 assaults per week. This will take you about 7 weeks of assaults, so you *can* get this cleared if you never lose one while your family is away.

But this is using ALL your tags for assaults, you still need 150k Nyzul points. Assuming you have a good group, THEY have 100 cleared (so you don't use your points to warp up) and you just spam 100 you should get about 2k (I think, been a while) points per run, 8 runs per week that's 16k a week in Nyzul. Looking at about 9 solid weeks of nyzul spamming level 100 (better have some very generous friends ) to get this stage done.

At this point, you hand in all the items to the stupid qiqirn and he gives you back the Mythic (with no stats). So while you were cramming 2x a week assaults, 2x a week Einherjar, 7 days a week Salvage I hope you were farming Zeni! Because to unlock the full powered 75 mythic, you need one of each of the T4 ZNM trophies (that are NOT 100% drops) so you need a good solid 6-12 man group (maybe less if they have relics/skill) to farm the zeni and spam the T4's to ensure you get your trophy drop...

Then you fight Balrahn! And provided you don't use, he unlocks the full potential of your weapon and you are now one of the few, proud Mythic owners who didn't dupe alex to get there.

I hope you didn't want to do any Abyssea this month..... :/
    (0)

Character
    Takhi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    To Nintsuj,

Thanks for nothing.

(joking)

Wow, after reading all that I feel kind of screwed because I dont think I have gotten ANY of my ToAU missions done past the very first. Having a family and a full time job means I really dont get to play much except on the weekend. Heck, I have been playing for at least five years and only have RDM up to 90, and no other job past 50 (and some not even that far). However, since I have been playing for so long and find I am getting bored, I am looking to all the things I have missed over the past few years while helping others and leveling. I have 1.5 months to get started and then until they shut the game down to get done. Your post was quite overwhelming, but hey, I have nothing better to do until mid-July, so I may as well get started! Thanks for the info, I'm going to print your post and stick it here on my wall for reference.
    (0)

What do you expect, these are the best weapons in the game of course they would take a long time. Do you expect the best weapons in the game to be available simply by farming a specific NM 50 times and it only take you about a week?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What do you expect, these are the best weapons in the game of course they would take a long time. Do you expect the best weapons in the game to be available simply by farming a specific NM 50 times and it only take you about a week?
    Are You on crack? The only 2 good weapons from mythics are polearm and yagrush. The rest having seen and tested against relics were decimated in damage. Also with the empyreans out now they still get beat down. Just do polearm or yagrush and you will be happy, if it's 1 of the others just go do an empyrean of that weapon.
    (0)

Galeforce winds in here.
    (1)