Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Despite me wanting to avoid any discussion on Shurikens.

Adding Synergy Recipes for Shurikens would not be all around awful. as Synergy can give you 1, 2, 3 stacks of an Item if you synth HQ~3. This would help a lot in the production of maybe the Amnesia/Silence Shurikens.

I won't touch much further in this >.>
    (4)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Here Kingfury, I got one for ya.

Shield Slam

An upgraded more powerful version of Shield Bash, that requires a Tower Shield. You knock back the opponent, and reduce their TP (kind of like demoralize. Not inhibit, but reduce). This would also be animated with a huge slam, kind of like the Weapon Skill "Shoulder Tackle" and would also inflict a decent amount of DMG, and be able to crit as well.
    (2)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Here are some ideas for some job traits involving defensive skills, and possible jobs for them:

Tactical Parry: Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack. (dnc and nin, but why not throw in drk for the lulz)

Tactical Guard: Grants bonus TP when guarding against an attack (Mnk and Pup)

Shield Mastery: Grants bonus TP when blocking an attack with a shield, and prevents spell interruptions. (pld, war, rdm?)

Shield Defense Bonus: Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield. (pld, war, maybe whm?)

I'm not sure what "Blocking" is.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Here Kingfury, I got one for ya.

Shield Slam

An upgraded more powerful version of Shield Bash, that requires a Tower Shield. You knock back the opponent, and reduce their TP (kind of like demoralize. Not inhibit, but reduce). This would also be animated with a huge slam, kind of like the Weapon Skill "Shoulder Tackle" and would also inflict a decent amount of DMG, and be able to crit as well.
    ---------------
    I'd love to see this! ^^ Very cool. Some new shields would have to be introduced to allow a variety of other jobs to take advantage of "Tower Shield only" part, but that shouldn't be that tough to add. I can see a WHM doing this already!

Thanks for the feedback /salute
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Azucares View Post
    lol Most Shurikens have a delay of 192 which means it will have a base TP return of 5.2 TP. to calculate store TP it's the base TP return times 1+(total store tp/100). so if you have 100 store TP 5.2 X 2 = 10.4 TP. or if you have 477 store TP its 5.2 X 5.77 = 30.0 TP. (note the game doesn't record your TP past the tenth decimal place.) lol so if you really had 25000 store TP then 5.2 X 251 = 1305.2 TP will be returned. sadly characters cannot receive this amount so the true return would be 300.

So here is my question are you implying that SE needs to increase the storage tank for our TP, or do you just not know how to calculate your TP returns? lol
    It's funny how the only thing I said you can argue against is when I completely made up arbitrary numbers that were OBVIOUSLY way to high (unless you're dumb) to prove a point about the ridiculousness of what is required to make throwing damage useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    I'm just glad he's not a ninja in my linkshell since he doesn't even bother with shadows according to one of his posts since
    it hurts his dps so much.
    I said I don't cast shadows when its not useful. If a mob has a 20% acc rate on you(which is just about everything inside abyssea), and only hits for 200-400, then it needs to make 10-20 attacks to do enough damage to require less then a cure 5, but thats usually when I cast it on my WHM mule, which has infinite MP anyway which is why MNK/WAR is so popular as a tank. How long does it take for a mob to attack you 10-20 times? 20-60 seconds? You really think it's worth lowering DPS so you can not cast cure 5 on yourself every 20 seconds? I don't, and when I do, I cast shadows. Your selective reading is awesome, but just so you know, when it matters, I cast shadows. I also main tank on NIN and main heal on WHM at the same time, you wish you had someone like me in your LS. When you get to my level, come back and discuss battle strategy with me again ok?
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Enhancement Ability ——— Suggested by ——— Description
    ===================================================
    Guarding:
    "Submission Wall" ——— Kingfury ——— Enhances Guarding by punishing an attacker through the unlocking of an ancient martial arts technique that hardens ones' muscles to the point that rivals stone. The sudden fear of further self inflicted damage imposed on the attacker instantly causes doubts as to whether they should stop or continue attacking. Adds additional Earth damage (akin to how Earth Spikes would work) to successful guards. Inflicts Killer effect upon target. (Timed duration of effect)
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-29-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    **Edit to OP**

Enhancement Ability ——— Suggested by ——— Description
    Guarding:
    "Fluid Wall" ——— Kingfury ——— Enhances Guarding by unlocking an ancient martial arts technique that allows the user to skillfully mold and adjust to physical attacks as if they were like water. Reduces physical damage by absorbing a portion of the attack from a successful guard. Adds additional Water damage (akin to how Water Spikes would work) to successful guards. (Timed duration of effect)
    *Note: Inspired by none other than the great Bruce Lee.
    "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." (Quoted from Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey (2000). Here, Lee was reciting lines he wrote for his short lived role on the TV series Longstreet. (Source "Bruce Lee Wiki")
    Throwing:
    "Syphoned Mark" ——— Kingfury ——— Enhances Throwing by causing your next throwing attack to drain either TP, MP, or HP. (Instant Single Use)
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-29-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Fluid Wall makes no sense because if its "martial arts" it would be something Monk or to a less extent pup related and neither of them use shield. Unless you think "blocking" is something else but even then, that doesnt make any sense at all.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, this would be under the "Guarding" list of Defensive Enhancing Abilities, not Shield. The EA itself is not dependent on the "Martial Arts" Job Trait for it's effectiveness, but rather the level of a Player's Guarding skill level.
    Guard- to take up a protective or defensive stance
    In this case the player is the obstacle that's "impeding" the motion and flow of the attacks directed at them by using a martial arts Guarding technique that mimmic the behavior of water allowing them to technically "mold to" and "absorb" a portion of attack's energy. Like Bruce Lee was saying in quote. ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-29-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's called guarding, and it already reduces damage by acting as a negative critical hit.
    (0)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast