Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    gear change? frankly i don't need gear changes to be a good player on my job...and the fact i was able to heal a full alliance plus nuke periodically without a single gear change(minus staffs for healing MP)proves that. i would say"gear changes are for noobs and make it hard as hell to heal them" but then i'd get flamed by the idiots who think"gear changing is what pros do!" so ya....i can't tell you how many times players have gotten killed becuase they switch armor so often it makes it impossible to heal them..then they scream at me"why didn't you heal me?!" and i'm like..well..gee...if you didn't switch armor so often like some noob who can't decide on which piece of armor to wear..i would have!

and i used to really like you...

though in a way your right i guess, god i hate abyssea.....

when you played in CoP ish era if you did not gear change you where resisted to hell.

"skill" does not change that.

saying "i do not use gear changes because of healer" basically says you have a gimp healer, I do limit my gear change if my hp is taking a beating. That does not change the fact you should use macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    BTW, the new <wait> commands... how are those typed out to be used effectively? mine don't seem to always work quite as effectively as they used to, and my sleep macro NEVER works.
    /ma "Sleep II" <t> <wait1>
    /ma "Sleep" <t>

/equips
    My gear changes, but Sleep I never works and I don't even get an error message.

sleep I is not working because its trying to cast sleep I while you cast sleep II. The game will not give an error for that.

do not put sleep I and sleep II in one macro please.

you can sleep II> sleep I ( meaning sleep II overrides sleep I, not order of macro) but if you put that in one macro, then hit a different macro, ill stop the remanding command if your first macro.

in otherwords

/ma sleep I <t>
    /wait 30
    /ma sleep II <t>

will not work if you hit something else.

can't tell you how much I failed soloing scs because I hit my staff macro too fast.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post

sleep I is not working because its trying to cast sleep I while you cast sleep II. The game will not give an error for that.

do not put sleep I and sleep II in one macro please.

you can sleep II> sleep I ( meaning sleep II overrides sleep I, not order of macro) but if you put that in one macro, then hit a different macro, ill stop the remanding command if your first macro.

in otherwords

/ma sleep I <t>
    /wait 30
    /ma sleep II <t>

will not work if you hit something else.

can't tell you how much I failed soloing scs because I hit my staff macro too fast.
    Almost, but the point of the macro is to automatically cast Sleep I when Sleep II is down. Before, and I could probably reorganize it (but would lose some of my enfeebling gear), it was set up
    /ma sleep II <t>
    /wait 1
    /ma sleep I <t>

/equips
    And Sleep II would cast first while Sleep I would error out saying cannot cast spells at this time as expected. However when sleep II was still on cool-down Sleep I would initiate since I was not casting any spell at the time. Now I can never get sleep I to initiate and I'm wondering if I've got the <wait1> command wrong (I'm unsure of if I have a space in between the command, I'd check but...yea...)
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Oh man I cannot tell you what my Macros look like because it's hard to remember.

If I threw some player on my SCH and told him to use my macros he'd hyperventilate. :P All I can say is I used almost every last single space there is in one of my Macro books for SCH but its well organized... I have issues with organization and macros. ;D
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Almost, but the point of the macro is to automatically cast Sleep I when Sleep II is down. Before, and I could probably reorganize it (but would lose some of my enfeebling gear), it was set up
    /ma sleep II <t>
    /wait 1
    /ma sleep I <t>

/equips
    And Sleep II would cast first while Sleep I would error out saying cannot cast spells at this time as expected. However when sleep II was still on cool-down Sleep I would initiate since I was not casting any spell at the time. Now I can never get sleep I to initiate and I'm wondering if I've got the <wait1> command wrong (I'm unsure of if I have a space in between the command, I'd check but...yea...)
    Seperate them. only time I did something like you are doing is on brd. I would put elgy 2 in first line, then if im on a level sync too low I would cast elegy 1, and if i was too low for that I would cast some resist down spell.

Like in my long post i made to detail my macros I have dark arts on one button ( in case i flip to it in light arts) then button for enf gear then ill have my sleep I macro, then next to that i would have add: black macro, then next to that be sleep II, the idea was to have sleep I like that in case I did not have time to use jas for sleep II.

even if you do get stacking spells like that to work there is a delay (something that annoyed me on brd) and that delay can be the difference of life and death in a pinch. same with the strage "errors" you are talking about, i do not want it scewing me so i seperate them.

I would not know how to answer your question, it might work but is something like that tends to mess up when you need it the most then you wind up dead. I just keep mashing my sleep I and sleep II buttons if i need a sleep spell that bad till one goes off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-17-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Here is my macro set up, it is redundant, but having the same type of spell on the same slot gives you a second nature feel. You don't have to look for the spell you already know where it's at.

line 1: ALT and CTRL both have all my enhancing magic SS Blink En spells Aquiveil pro shell ECT and

line 2: has aurorastorm in alt 1 lumino heelix in slot 2 and the rest from there are cure spells regen regain ect
    line 2: Ctrl has all my /jobabilities starting with light arts, addendum white, half mp, 50% cast, rapture, AOE, Enlightenment and a rest and resume macro (includes my -Enmity set) one for resting and the other for casting white magic. I add gear changes into my light arts macro all my fastcast gear is macroed in. Looks like this:

/jobability "light arts" <me>
    /equip feet "Scholars loafers"
    /equip head "Arguet M.board"
    /equip Ear1 "Loquacious Earring"
    /equip Ammo "Incantor Stone"

you can also change gear before the /jobability in your Dark Arts macros to avoid animation lag for soloing or whatever.

Line 3 ALT Hailstorm, Cryo Heelix, bliz3, 4, gravity, bind, Sleep2 ,drain ,aspir. Obviously you would insert your equipment in the same macro accordingly here is an example Sleep2:

/equip main "Pluto's Staff"
    /equip body "Savant's Coat +2"
    /equip legs "Savant's Pants +2"
    /equip neck "enfeebling torque"
    /magic "Sleep II" <t>
    /recast "Sleep II"

Line 3 CTRL has Dark Arts, addendum black, half mp, 50% cast, ebullience, manifestation, rest, nuke (6 lines to reset from whatever gear set back to my nuke set) and sublimation.

If you notice weather will always be in ALT1 line whatever and parsimony/penury will always be CTRL 3. This method is very organized makes me much faster.

Also helpful when when making stratagem macros this method never fails.

/equip legs "Savant's pants +2"
    /jobability "penury" <me>
    /jobability "parsimony" <me>
    /recast "penury"
    /recast "parsimony"

This method works great because with both half mp stratagems in one macro whether your in Dark Arts or Light you always get the right stratagem w/o looking for it and also get recast time on next stratagem and how many remain should look like this:

Parsimony :35 [4]

Meaning 35 secs till next stratagem recharge and 4 charges remaining.

Hope this helps, sorry to drag it out but this system has been working for me for years try it!
    (0)

Character
    Bureikun
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    BTW, the new <wait> commands... how are those typed out to be used effectively? mine don't seem to always work quite as effectively as they used to, and my sleep macro NEVER works.
    /ma "Sleep II" <t> <wait1>
    /ma "Sleep" <t>

/equips
    My gear changes, but Sleep I never works and I don't even get an error message.
    I believe it's because you forgot the space. It should be <wait 1> not <wait1> but you obviously can't test that until the servers are back up.
    (0)

Player
    How I do mine is on first macro page top is macro for light arts>aden white>then macros to forward me to light art pages, one of which is for main healing/frequent buffs, one for enfeeblments, na/barspells, enspells/weather spells, and on each of those pages I stick the most used ja for light arts for less page switching. Also on each page I stick on the same corner a macro to forward me back to first page which is like the macro page directory which quickly takes be to which spell set page I want and also gives me access to quickly change arts. I also stick on the first directory page, a macro for stoneskin and sublimation, and enchantment and reraise since I find that very handy to get to fast .

Bottom set on first directory page is same thing, dark arts macro> then aden black> macro to direct me to nukes> helix(which also has weather on same page)

I have tried a lot of macros for sch, and this is by far the fastest/easiest I've found for myself and least confuseing since everything is grouped together, and first page is like macro page directory and every other macro page has a macro to take me back to that page, also on my nuking page I have a macro to take me to healing page for those quick oh shit moments.

It takes time to setup such a macro set but trust me on a job like sch in the long run will save you alot of headaches lol, hope this explanation helps someone even though I never went into specific macro details.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I read a couple of posts, saw a wall of text and skimmed over it so I apologise if I am repeating information here.

/ma "Sleep II"
    /ma "Sleep"

without a wait command inbetween means that you would cast Sleep 2 on the mob it is up and you're good to go - having no wait command inbetween shows an error when trying to cast Sleep 1 saying "That action cannot be performed" (or something similar).. So Sleep 2 goes off, and Sleep 1 comes up with an error - meaning you only cast Sleep 2 on the mob..

If however your Sleep 2 timer is up, with no wait command inbetween means it will come up as an error for Sleep 2 saying "That action cannot be performed" (or something similar), however Sleep 1 would still go off - so in effect your forcing a broken macro to cast the teir of sleep that is available - starting with the highest teir...

You can do the same with all spells..

/ma Paralyze II
    /ma Paralyze

for example.. The end result - 1 macro for 2x spells, while only casting the one that is up.

*edit* oh wait your probably right regarding <wait 1> .. can't jump on and check my macro's at the moment for obvious reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    I read a couple of posts, saw a wall of text and skimmed over it so I apologise if I am repeating information here.

/ma "Sleep II"
    /ma "Sleep"

without a wait command inbetween means that you would cast Sleep 2 on the mob it is up and you're good to go - having no wait command inbetween shows an error when trying to cast Sleep 1 saying "That action cannot be performed" (or something similar).. So Sleep 2 goes off, and Sleep 1 comes up with an error - meaning you only cast Sleep 2 on the mob..

If however your Sleep 2 timer is up, with no wait command inbetween means it will come up as an error for Sleep 2 saying "That action cannot be performed" (or something similar), however Sleep 1 would still go off - so in effect your forcing a broken macro to cast the teir of sleep that is available - starting with the highest teir...

You can do the same with all spells..

/ma Paralyze II
    /ma Paralyze

for example.. The end result - 1 macro for 2x spells, while only casting the one that is up.

*edit* oh wait your probably right regarding <wait 1> .. can't jump on and check my macro's at the moment for obvious reasons.
    AHA! That sounds like it will work PERFECTLY! I'll have to test it when the servers are up again.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Sorry if I sounded like I was imposing on your play style but I prefer having them on split buttons

GL with your macro!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast