Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    As a taru drg myself, I can honestly say that when I go drg/rdm, I only need MP for the initial buffing. After that I only need enough MP for those occasional bar-spells, and to keep re-casting refresh. About 60 MP total should do it after you're buffed.
    Like I said I prefer a style more along the lines of being being a mana tank. I have an Iridal staff for recharging while I'm out soloing, and my mana efficiency is pretty decent as you just stated. I spend a bit buffing up when I log on and then recharge. then I generally spend around 60 mp out doing stuff solo per situation~. Either I'm out at events that help me stay toped off, in which case I burn more mana buffing if ii'm in a group or I stay at cap and focus on fighting and healing via wyvern and keeping bar spells up along with haste for me and my wyvern...
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    You haven't addressed any of the points I made, you just talk about why NPC's have one job. That is most likely because in the original game, most players had one or two jobs too, the game was structured around "oh I know <nameofperson> he's that <nameofjob> guy isn't he", in the original game people were known for their main job, coz it took you years to level, merit and gear it. Also making NPCs have one job saves on data space, it would be a frivolous waste if SE added multiple jobs to NPCs.
    Of course it would, just as it would be a waste if they started randomly changing NPCs' genders and races. They're not going to do that so your concerns for the story's integrity are invalid. The thing is, the story is structured in such as a way as it doesn't matter what race or gender your character is. Even characters who probably should care don't seem to.

I can't really answer your post apart from that, as you have not refuted my points about stratified progressive rpg worlds, you just shuffled around them in a very vague way. Additionally, I don't care if SE add this or not. My game revolves around my ls and my friends, my crafting skills, and gear I still wish to obtain. This patch will not make me sad, I am 40 years old and it takes more than a v.up to make me unhappy, I was simply addressing the earlier points ppl made about "I don't see why not" and voicing my feelings as a lifelong roleplayer of 30+ years, that I feel people suddenly morphing species in a medieval rpg would be detrimental to the immersive and atmospheric storyline aspect.
    If you don't care then why are you working so hard to make it harder for those who do?
    (0)

3. 07-23-2013 02:03 AM

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    FYI: SE can change the race, gender, name and just about anything about NPCs and well actually... the entire game without allowing us to change name, race or w/e other thing you are against. The two are completely unrelated. Hell, they could just pull the power plug if they wanted. There is absolutely nothing stopping them.

You still keep saying "reality" when there is none. For every example you give of something that (sorta) resembles something that takes place in real life, there are a million others that don't. What's real and what fits with the world of this RPG exists in your head. It's different for (most) other people. So different in fact that what you are saying sounds borderline insane.

Maybe my dolls' "Soul" is a transvestite. A big elvaan one with a pretty dress and a 5 o'clock shadow that likes to pretend it's a taru once in a while after drinking a few goblin juices. Who are you to judge? In my world (the real world, not FFXI) I can go get big fake boobs, ear and lip implants, tattoos and a dress, change my name to "Zoo Bamboo" and get married to another man if I want. It's your game "Reality" that is lacking. I don't recall any homophobic characters who were strictly against wearing disguises, changing race etc. This all fits fine everywhere but in your head.
    (1)

Player
    Nothing godly or immortal about that, because you are just the same as other mortal citizens, except you did a lot of training and found powerful artifacts in dungeons.
    Immortal
    1. not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying: our immortal souls.

Yes, I say we are immortal, why? Because like you said, we trained to become stronger than Shop keepers and such, yay, but if we take off our armor, hell, if we just walk up to a bunny at level 1 and die, guess what, we come back at our local crystal, but if some NPC did it, they died, forever, never to return. As you pointed out, we do not die, we get knocked out, no matter if we get hit with a comet, meteor, large explosion, a giant dragon swinging its tail at us which should break every bone in our body, nothing kills us, it only knocks us out. So yes, I think we are immortal, not only have we lived since we made our characters, without any signs of aging, illness, or death, but we have managed to survive things no one else can. If we are really the same as someone else at level 1, we would not be come back so easily, we could not 'survive' these things in that way without immortality. Now, being immortal does not mean your impossible to beat, no, just because we can not die does not prevent loss of consciousness, injury, or anything of the sort, immortality simply means, we can not die, and in our characters cases, we can not truly die.
    (2)

Player
    > Time Travel : Without wanting to add spoilers, WOTG doesn't have time-travel, the maws are mirror images of a certain NM seen near the end of the story. It is his power that distorts time. Not the power of adventurers. See below for why gods such as that NM are realistic not fantasy.
    No one said it was by our power.

>Gods : Earth has Gods too. People in Greece still worship the Ancient Greek gods. People in Scandinavia still worship their ancient gods. See also Native Americans, Mexicans, Amazons, Australian Abo's, and of course the mainstream Churches/Mosques etc. You might not believe in those gods, but other people on Earth do, ergo gods in Vanadiel is realism not fantasy, it mirrors Earth.
    Um, no, see, there is a real difference here. I can not fight the devil, which is basically Promathia in a way since I believe he is the 'evil' god, in Vana, I can fight Promathia, I kill him, I saw his physical existence and battled him. When people start killing or beating the hell out of the Devil in real life and posting it on youtube, maybe we can get to say its the same. Till then, no, we may believe in gods, but there is a difference between believing in a god, and meeting a god in a real physical form of which they can kick your ass, and vice versa.

>Alternate realities ; many people on Earth claim to have experienced these on psychedelics or on hospital medications, under hypnosis, through dance and meditation. Ergo, realism not fantasy.
    Except, these are all instances that take place outside of the real world as we know it. When you have one of these experiences you bring nothing back with you except memories, nothing that is physical. On the other hand, Delve, does not take place in Vana, Skirmish, does not take place in Vana, Abyssea, not Vana, all of these are other realities, other dimensions, and all of them are places we can get items and bring them back. Your comparison has failed.

This is your alarm call. Beastmen mage NM's and other NM's were casting ALL of the player-character magics, plus Holy II, Dia 3, and Banishga IV etc.etc.etc. before we got them (and still haven't got some of their spells).
    You need to accept the fact that our enemies in Vanadiel possess incredibly powerful magic, greater than our own in many cases. And that IF the 'change-race' magic was possible, beastmen and other NMs would stop at nothing to obtain it, it would mean an End To War, they could simply change to human/etc. clones are infiltrate our cities. It would be a massacre. If you really believe that they could not learn that magic, when they have already got magics we don't have, and if you believe that NMs and beastmen leaders fear dying from spell-side-effects, for the cause of victory, then you are really lost.
    Yay, they can cast it, at the penalty of death, does this keep going over your head or something?

Moving to a new city is NOT the same as changing your racial birth DNA and your whole ancestry. Keep grasping.
    No, its something in game you can change after you get it when you make your character, just one thing can be changed and one thing cant because you like one of them, and think its fine, while the other is horrible. You make it sound like its impossible to have magic that does this, transformation magic is one of the most common kinds of magic in RPGs, like, I dunno, the potions and such which let me morph into other creatures? Have you ever bought an Orc Belt? Quadav Belt? They exist, they let you change into that race, temporarily yes, and only for looks, but guess what, there you are, you look different. Could it be possible to get a more permanent version? I think so, yes, not to beastmen necessarily, but you keep talking about changing out birth DNA like its some huge matter of importance.

They are patching REMs soon to make them parallel to Delve weaps. You could have saved yourself typing all that stuff out coz it is not current at all.
    I said they originally had no plans to do differently, I know they do now. The point I was making of which you ignored, they have no problems pissing a few people off if it allows the game to move forward. If a few people get pissed they made a new character to work on because they no longer wanted to be what they were, and want to get mad about it, they can come here and complain. If there is some large uprising about it, it would probably change like RMEs did, but unless that happened, I say we advanced, rather than taking a step backward or staying at a stand still.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If they don't care about their race/gender, why are they so vocal about changing it, and calling ppl who disagree 'idiots' etc. You make no sense at all.
    I was talking about the NPCs not caring what race/gender the PCs are.
    (0)

Character
    Soulnub
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HFX7686 View Post
    You think that because I feel a proposed 'feature' is dumb that I am exhibiting 'negative behaviour'? Well, despite your pompous and condescending way of putting that, you'd be right. I have a negative opinion of this suggestion. I therefore display some negative behaviour by posting that I have a negative opinion of this silly suggestion.

There needs to be some kind of reality in the fantasy of the game. People don't suddenly change races. There could be no possible logical explanation for people to suddenly switch their race to another. Not even some kind of powerful magic, moogle or otherwise, could possibly stretch to explain this huge gaping hole in suspended disbelief. You'd probably have to get Altana herself to cry some tears on you to have your race changed.

So yes, changing races is dumb. Changing names and hairstyles can be explained within the context of the game. Changing races cannot be.

I know this is an old topic and this... lets say argument may or may not have been resolved, but with what you were saying regarding race change being impossible, my only counter-argument, is the ark weapons. the weapons, when used, change your character with a costume. i know its temporary but it does kinda render your point invalid. if it can be done temporarily, then it can eventually be permanent.

on a related note, to whoever says people can't change their face or name irl, you can, through plastic surgery and the legal system.
    (0)

Character
    Armysg
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

best Feature in any game

That would be Feature in the game to be able to change your race and or name. i would pay good money to change my race in Final Fantasy XI. i don't know why they wouldn't implement that in the game they would make a lot more money if they did because if it was me i don't care about the price i would pay $15-$50 to change my race and or name.
    (0)

I don't know if bumping already made threads or making a new one is better, but I just wanted to chime in and say I would gladly pay for a race change in this game! I don't want to start over as I've been playing since alpha.

I've paid for race change so many times in FFXIV and would gladly do so in FFXI.
    (1)

Player
    It's surprising to me that they don't get how many people would use this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-27-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast