Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    But guys, know what i would *really* like to see?

For this race/gender/face/hairstyle change capability to be accompanied by new hair styles, faces, hair and skin colors. Make it happen in Seekers of Aldouin, SE, please!

It wouldn't have to be that big an addition either. If they somehow managed to let us combine any existing face with any existing hair style (within the race, anyway) and any existing hair color, we'd have gotten a long way already.

Now, I'm aware that the game stores whole, separate head models+textures for each of the existing combinations, but by going this route, you would only need to copy/pasta the stuff they've already made with their 3D editing programs, and just reuse the textures they already have. It would be less work than making entirely new hairstyles and textures, for example.

The problem might be to make the PS2 deal with this extra variety in possible haracter models that would be on screen simultaneously. If it wasn't possible to let PS2 clients in on this use, maybe just keep a placeholder standard-face+hair to display to them?
    (6)
    Last edited by Mirage; 07-10-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Character
    Bloodrainx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldwir View Post
    Hello Square-Enix. Reason why I am suggesting, today, a PAID Character Race Change Program, very similar to the Character Reactivation one. Allowing us players, unsatisfied of our character's race, to change it to another and as well customizing the features such as Gender, Size, Face and Hair color for a certain amount of money, like a World Transfer.
    YES PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldwir
    I am pretty much sure that you've had, in the past, suggestions like mine, reason why I am sure many may have already incited you to introduce this kind of service, either through GMs Calls or Email or Customer Live Chat support
    I've actually called into their support service and requested it before and they gave me some lame excuse how the files are permanent once they are created for your character.. I then said "But you guys control those files, you could just change my file..."
    "Sorry sir, but there is nothing we can do."

I fully support this thread and I really really really hope that SE reads, listens, and creates this...
    (5)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've been feeling rather bored on my current character, and would very much like this to be implemented. When Oki dropped by, he said that the development team was thinking about it, with a smiley, even! That has to mean something.

Is there any news regarding a paid race/sex/size/face/name change at this time?
    (3)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    hurray for more necrobumps
    I fully support this idea, although I really only want to change the face/hair I think the whole race change idea is a good one

oh and you naysayers who are comparing this game to reality, it is a FANTASY based MMO, NOTHING anywhere says it needs to be based on any sort of reality, so stop with that stupid argument, its old, its lame,

you are talking about a game that has super tall lanky men and women with pointed ears, super short child like men and women with pointed ears, hulking men of unknown origins many of which have green skin, and cat like women, and you want to compare this to reality? you are just weird

oh and you should also keep in mind that Final Fantasy as a series is created by Square Enix, a company based in Japan, the land of some of the weirdest strangest coolest things you can find, and that all comes from imagination NOT reality.
    (3)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 04-05-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    On the off-chance male Mithra were ever made to be playable, I would pay for a change without hesitation.
    (1)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Anyone who supports this idea, please, please, please, like the main post and keep this a topic of discussion.

After a while, people make threads so often, many quickly fall from "New Posts" into the bowels of the forum subcategories that no one (players or community reps) really looks in.

It would be very much appreciated if a community rep could give us some more information. Many people are willing to pay for something to keep their character fresh and interesting.
    (2)

Player
    it would be a good Program cause few people made a character cause of someone else or a friend ,what have you. But originally wanted a different race,gender,size,face,hair w/e and would LOVE to change it BUT don't want to restart AGAIN so this would be a good program to put in the works so please help us out
    (2)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes, yes please give us this option!

Alternatively, since FFXIV will have male mithra and female galka, perhaps you can open those race options for FFXI, and then give everyone a one time appearance change.

Please

Pretty pretty please with rainbow sprinkles on top?
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Holy necrobump, batman!
    Alternatively, since FFXIV will have male mithra and female galka, perhaps you can open those race options for FFXI, and then give everyone a one time appearance change.
    No. First, FFXIV won't have male mithras and female Galkas, because the game doesn't have either of those races, as it is not FFXI-2.

FFXI has explicit lore reasons why female galka don't exist at all (technically, they arent male or female, as they are asexual), and why male mithra are not playable. FFXIV had no such lore reasons, and in fact a female Roegadyn was the leader of one of the Grand Companies. To add females to an asexual race doesn't even make sense, and would be a massive retcon of the game's lore.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While I am (surprisingly) very happy with my race/hair/etc choices I know my roomie is constantly moaning about the choices he made when he started out. But with all his ranks done, expansions completed, hard earned gear, jobs/crafts leveled, etc. he really, and understandably, doesnt wanna start off at square one and throw away about 7 years of work just to have a new face.

I dont really think it should be that big of a deal. Unless the coding has some weird things in it that prevent it I think this could make se a pretty penny. I mean technically you can pay for a name change if your ok with server jumping back and forth so I dont see where this should be an issue. Anyone who would want to fight this tooth and nail because they feel it breaks the game or whatever really needs to take a pill and relax a bit.
    (0)

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast