Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    And in comes Ceinwyn with the c-c-c-combo breaker to put an end to the streak of positive posts.
    It's been a pleasure.

It's not like every single person will magically become a new race overnight, nor do I think they'd even let us do it enough to abuse it. It's something that make more money for SE and make people happy.
    Will cost SE effort also and money, i think there are reasons they havent done it so far and some like me wont like it,so not everyone would enjoy such a feature.

Just start over? Some people have been playing since the game was released, and over time may have taken a liking to a different race that they wish they had chosen. Anyone who thinks that you can "just start over" and have it not be an issue probably has never really accomplished much in game.
    Just start another char and try that one out if u feel that way.
    Not much accomplished? What do u mean by that? This is a game and most play it for fun.
    You can send most rare/ex items now not all though.
    And COP ZM missions are easier now, u would have to do em again if u need em though but
    if u play as another char thats obviously.
    Maybe it's not fun for everyone starting another char? Ok, i understand that.
    Why u even want another race? Appearance? Way they move, act?
    I guess so but thats not they way its meant to be, at last not in my opinion.
    It's like u get "another" char without a "past".
    Hardly to belive someone could enjoy playing a zombie because thats it for me but well...
    Im just an old school player liking final fantasy games what do i know.
    SE can do that if they want thats up to them but i wouldnt like it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    How many people do you actually know that would use the feature? I mean I'm sure there would be like a couple, but this leads to my next question: Why wouldn't you let your friends change race if they wanted? Isn't it a bit selfish of you to tell them that they should stay the race you want them to be, rather than them being able to switch to what they enjoy the most?

Most race changers would be people you didn't know, do you really think you would notice a significant difference? Do you actually remember the names, races and genders of your your 3 last pickup groups?

I sure don't.
    Of course, u wouldn't notice this at all but u would know it's going on and im against it for asthetic and atmospehric reasons which plays a big role in games like this i think.
    And i would tell my friends to try another char and if they liked it more they should play that char and do some stuff again with their new char.

HOWEVER u brought another thought to me.
    IF SE would do this, what about all the people who started several new chars because there wasnt a race change in the first place? Don't u think they would have to come up for this? Don't u think it's a bit selfish to demand something for a few dollars that other peoples put a lot of work in? Starting all over again?
    OH, thats their own fault? Really? It was their own will to start a new char instead of just playing their main?
    What u not say.... >Mirror< >Do you need it?<
    (0)

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm against the OPs idea. This shouldn't be a paid/RMTd feature, but embedded within game as a standard, maybe with some time restrictions.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    Unnecessary feature in my opinion nor do i think SE will implement it.
    If they wanted to they would have done it already.
    If they wanted a new expansion they would have done it already. If they wanted a new UI they would have done it already. If they wanted a Play-as-Monster system they would have done it already. If they wanted new jobs they would have added them already.

If u want another race, u can start another char and experience the game that way
    I didn't realize you were in charge around here to tell us what we can and can't do. Please forgive me, Your Majesty.

but changing gender like in WoW from one moment to the next, i dont like that idea to be serious.
    There's a cooldown and a substantial fee. No one is changing gender/race/faction from one moment to the next.

I like FFXI for being a very story given and atmospheric game not for being able to let u do such weird stuff as a race change, imagine everyone doing that, no thanks.
    Changing jobs/classes on a single character is weird by most MMO standards, but you freely accept it as if it were commonplace. You have people running around in different costumes all the time looking weird. It's OK for someone to actually transform into a non-humanoid life form but becoming a different race or gender is somehow unbelievable or unrealistic?

There are more than enough people out there doing just that, starting another char and i think it's an awesome experience to play "again" as another race, if u not up for that u probably don't need a race change either.
    That doesn't even make any sense.
    (7)

The opposition has given a poor argument. Said argument could be supported if the game was like most MMOs and encouraged multiple characters in the form of limiting the actions each race could do(like jobs). But FFXI does not discriminate with jobs for each of the races.
    (2)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    That doesn't even make any sense.
    Just because u don't understand it, doesn't mean its not making any sense.

Changing jobs/classes on a single character is weird by most MMO standards, but you freely accept it as if it were commonplace. You have people running around in different costumes all the time looking weird. It's OK for someone to actually transform into a non-humanoid life form but becoming a different race or gender is somehow unbelievable or unrealistic?
    U cant compare turning in a temp mandy with a permament rance change, no. That is unrealistic.
    One is an item or costume another what u meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    The opposition has given a poor argument. Said argument could be supported if the game was like most MMOs and encouraged multiple characters in the form of limiting the actions each race could do(like jobs). But FFXI does not discriminate with jobs for each of the races.
    And who are u and what are u talking about anyway?

Why are people bumping this thread anyway it's been here long enough...
    If u like discussing/hoping for/ a feature that will probably never occure, so be it.
    I'll play my char now, which i love and leave u all alone bumping unnecessary threads with unlikely content.
    (0)

Agreed, its unlikely to happen but doesn't mean one should instantly swat it down. It was once thought it unlikely for the level cap to increase... well look where we are now. Just because it's unlikely just shooing it away doesn't stop the possibility of it being developed.
    (2)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    Agreed, its unlikely to happen but doesn't mean one should instantly swat it down. It was once thought it unlikely for the level cap to increase... well look where we are now. Just because it's unlikely just shooing it away doesn't stop the possibility of it being developed.
    Same could be said of the expansion as well, after so long we got it on the way now, I think that shows something.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    Just because u don't understand it, doesn't mean its not making any sense.
    How does not being willing to level a new character from scratch mean that someone doesn't "need" a race change? That's what doesn't make sense.

U cant compare turning in a temp mandy with a permament rance change, no. That is unrealistic.
    One is an item or costume another what u meant to be.
    The vast majority of what happens in Vana'diel is unrealistic. You're worrying about Superman's pitiful disguise as Clark Kent while forgetting that he is a space alien that can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, survive nuclear blasts, and juggle aircraft carriers.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The vast majority of what happens in Vana'diel is unrealistic. You're worrying about Superman's pitiful disguise as Clark Kent while forgetting that he is a space alien that can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, survive nuclear blasts, and juggle aircraft carriers.
    Lol I love this. Great analogy.
    (3)

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast