Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Wyvern Pet Abilities

Seems there is much speculation as to ways to keep wyverns alive. I'm suggesting pet abilities, what do you all think?

1. "Stay" - (with increased healing range to match that of a WHM's range) This will allows DRGs to strategize the location of their wyvern keeping them out of AoE and therefor alive.

2. "Attack" and "Return" - This could allow wyverns to pull without... engaging, turning or super jump then turning, and then disengaging so the wyvern returns (huge waste of a super jump) Or the attack command could be used to move your wyvern to a new monster so the elemental breaths are not wasted when finishing off a mob with a WS.

3. "Retreat" - Maybe wyverns fly fast enough to get out of range of those AoE spells... no way to know for sure.
    (0)

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    'Stay' would be enough to make me happy. Enhanced healing breath range is something we need critically even without it but the two do seem to go hand in hand.
    (0)

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dais View Post
    'Stay' would be enough to make me happy. Enhanced healing breath range is something we need critically even without it but the two do seem to go hand in hand.
    I agree with Dais. 'Stay' would go a long way towards preserving healing ability while fighting dangerous AOE-heavy opponents. The rest ranges from troublesome to implement to nearly impossible.
    (0)

Player
    I would love to see a pet ability to allow you to disengage wyvern. Its a bit annoying to have to comepletly disengage something instead of just turning around cause if you don't the wyvern will just keep attacking. Would make it bit more friendly for any sleeper or the occational shadowbind if its still used.
    (0)

Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A hate control JA will be nice like pup have and bst instead of waiting for jump to be ready , yes please
    (0)
    Last edited by Zigou; 03-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Player
    The full complement of familiar abilities would be nice. Would allow wyvern to pull and tank or sit idle - heel and snarl is i had to pick two. Defensive wyvern might need to be engaged for heals though.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    how about. Fly a little higher would you and stop getting in my damn way when i try and move.
    (0)

Character
    Mirepoix
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    a "Stay" command I've wanted for many years.
    (0)

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I have to admit, I've always thought that getting the same commands that bst gets would be great, but what about an ability that moves your wyvern to your side during combat. This could prevent it from taking unnecessary damage from conal attacks.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Seems there is much speculation as to ways to keep wyverns alive. I'm suggesting pet abilities, what do you all think?

1. "Stay" - (with increased healing range to match that of a WHM's range) This will allows DRGs to strategize the location of their wyvern keeping them out of AoE and therefor alive.

2. "Attack" and "Return" - This could allow wyverns to pull without... engaging, turning or super jump then turning, and then disengaging so the wyvern returns (huge waste of a super jump) Or the attack command could be used to move your wyvern to a new monster so the elemental breaths are not wasted when finishing off a mob with a WS.

3. "Retreat" - Maybe wyverns fly fast enough to get out of range of those AoE spells... no way to know for sure.

Genius. This could be simple to implement, as the commands already exist for the Beastmaster class.
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast