Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    well i assumed super climb removed hate from wyvern as super jump did the dragoon, either way, when u see an AOE coming u could make the wyvern super climb on its own if it were a pet command and he would be out of range (in the air) while the AOE went off (as i've done with super jump many times). I believe thats what Byxfluzba meant. although this may or may not dodge one AOE depending on your timing. I think this wouldnt be nearly enough help for the "Keeping wyvern alive during AOE spam on NM's" problem. the wyv simply needs to be tougher in some way.

surely super climb removes hate...because when u come back down neither u or your wyvern has hate. You have to turn and let your wyvern hit it before he has hate.
    (0)

Character
    Byxfluzba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    What exactly are you talking about Strom. No where in this thread was wanting to shed your wyverns enmity mentioned, but the 3rd point of the OP was an ability to retreat your wyvern out of AoE range... Also Anucris, you're correct in assuming the situation I was alluding to but completely wrong about super climb shedding hate. It doesn't. Your second paragraph scenario is false. Super Climb was added almost entirely to prevent your wyvern from getting an unfair beat down for the 5 seconds you were off screen from Super Jump, it has no affect on a wyverns enmity.
    (0)
    loldrg

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What I was getting at is that Super Climb would preclude keeping the wyvern in the fight in any meaningful way, as Super Climb completely removes the wyvern from combat for as long as it's away... i.e. you can't use healing breath while it's Super Climbing. It's not like it moves it 10 feet in the air, or out of harm's way, it's just... gone. I still maintain that for most situations, getting Stay would be the ideal solution.

Edit: Re: Anucris: As soon as you land, disengage. Your wyvern will be taking the beating, so long as it's hit the target even once.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stromgarde; 03-19-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Character
    Byxfluzba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Being dead also prevents keeping your wyvern in the fight in any meaningful way.
    (0)
    loldrg

Character
    Shakuzen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Perfect. The Stay command being implemented into wyverns sorts out most of our problems, with the increased HB range it sorts out...all of our problems.
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    except it takes them out of the fight except for a heal.... tougher wyvern is what i want.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd be all over a Stay command for my wyvern. More durability would potentially be better depending on just how much more of a beating is involved, but Stay would at least deal with the problem of going into normal Mario mode when Muffin buys the farm.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    except it takes them out of the fight except for a heal.... tougher wyvern is what i want.
    This. I don't understand why the wyvern needs to be so squishy in the first place. The thing doesn't have the capacity to tank as it is without some sort of provoke-esque ability.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3