Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancil View Post
    I have to admit, I've always thought that getting the same commands that bst gets would be great, but what about an ability that moves your wyvern to your side during combat. This could prevent it from taking unnecessary damage from conal attacks.

In regard to taking damage from attacks, some of the other threads have suggested a 'Pet Physical Damage Taken-% and Magical Damage Taken-%' job trait for the Dragoon class.
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    i've always wanted to give comands like this to my wyvern
    (0)

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Seems there is much speculation as to ways to keep wyverns alive. I'm suggesting pet abilities, what do you all think?

1. "Stay" - (with increased healing range to match that of a WHM's range) This will allows DRGs to strategize the location of their wyvern keeping them out of AoE and therefor alive.

2. "Attack" and "Return" - This could allow wyverns to pull without... engaging, turning or super jump then turning, and then disengaging so the wyvern returns (huge waste of a super jump) Or the attack command could be used to move your wyvern to a new monster so the elemental breaths are not wasted when finishing off a mob with a WS.

3. "Retreat" - Maybe wyverns fly fast enough to get out of range of those AoE spells... no way to know for sure.
    I'd like to see 1, I don't expect us to get 2 given the paper-thin nature of our wyvern's defenses, and how would you propose to implement 3? There's no anchor position for it to run to, such a command might well send it into a wall in an arbitrary direction.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    how would you propose to implement 3? There's no anchor position for it to run to, such a command might well send it into a wall in an arbitrary direction.
    Maybe send the little guy "behind" you so as long as you were facing the enemy move away from it?
    (0)
    Just back from a year away, and wanting to play
    DRG 75, RDM 75 / WAR 42, DRK 39, WHM 38, BLM 37
    Windurst Rank 10 / ZM 14 / PM 8-2 / ToA 22 Rank FL / WG 2 (Windy)

Player
    The ability to target who you want to use Restoring Breath on would be awesome.
    Soothing Breath- Commands your Wyvern to remove a status ailment.(Remove Poison/Blind or Paralyze)
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    how bout a new front flip type animation attack (back spikes) for a dmg(critical) + stun move.

also stay and targets for restoring is nice.
    (0)

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiehawk View Post
    Maybe send the little guy "behind" you so as long as you were facing the enemy move away from it?
    Consider the situation when you are fighting with your back to a wall to avoid WS knockback. Your wyvern would go through the wall, or more realistically, move about 2 feet then stop, still in melee range of the mob.
    (0)

Character
    Byxfluzba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Longer healing breath range would thrill me to no end... With, or without the stay function. As for retreat, why not just make Super Climb /pet-able? No having to worry about it running away through walls in random directions like some sort of retard on crack.
    (0)
    loldrg

I agree with the issues of lacking pet abilities. My main issue is the healing aspect. Not so much range but to the wyvern itself. Spirit Link can only go so far. The AOE is a little crazy with a 20 min call wyvern recast. What about lowering Call Wyvern to 10 min? Or like pup has, have a second ability to bring wyvern out in a weakened state? Drg Specific food for something like Recover would be nice aswell.
    (0)

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byxfluzba View Post
    Longer healing breath range would thrill me to no end... With, or without the stay function. As for retreat, why not just make Super Climb /pet-able? No having to worry about it running away through walls in random directions like some sort of retard on crack.
    I think you may be confused as to what Super Climb does. All it does is remove the wyvern from combat for a period of roughly 3 seconds, unable to act or be acted upon, while the player performs Super Jump. It does not affect enmity in any way, either. Perhaps you are thinking of something along the lines of Edward of FFIV's "Hide" command?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast