Character
    Zener
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70

Game Freezing when clicking on NPCs

Game freezing on NPCs
    Issue: clicking on NPC results in NPC name flashing and game stopping.

Details: when clicking on NPC in game (Siren server), the name above the NPC will beging to flash. The expected dialogue never appears. My character is stuck (frozen)and I cannot access any menus.

Steps taken to resolve the issue: either wait, and wait, and wait, and wait or shut the game console down and do a cold reboot. And then the cold reboot does not always work.

Date and Time: Sunday, May 15 2011 1300 hours Mountain Daylight Time USA.

Frequency. About 33 percent of the time. Other times, there is a lag before the NPC dialogue appears, sometimes it's almost instantly.

Platform: PS2. Xbox 360.

ISP: Cable One high speed. 8 meg.

CATV connection.

Other: This is about the sixth or seventh time I have reported this issue over the past six months. It has even been reported to a GM.
    (3)

Character
    Zener
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    This has happened several more times since the original post. The frequency is up to about 50 percent. It happens not only on my PS2, but it also happens to my wife while she is playing on here PS3.
    (1)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Press the R1 button/Right bumper... that should work.
    (1)

Player
    I have a friend who is having this exact same problem clicking on some NPCs. It always happens on the Explorer Moogle in Sandy, and it happened on Joachim or Horst once too. Last night she also had a problem where it was doing something similar while trying to switch between macro palettes. All of this just started in the last few days. She plays on PS/3.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Thank you!

I get stuck at Conrad, Event Moogles, Explorer Moogles and even Signet NPC.
    (1)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Sad to report I tried this didn't work. I have a PS2. All R1 did was bring up the keyboard menu. Thanks though for offering a possible solution!
    (1)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Bluplanet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I had/have/am still getting pissed off!! at this recurring problem. I actually submited an e-mail to POL support about the problem. I will share the reply below:

> Subject: [t1028874:b937] Lag in communications with NPCs
    > Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 03:34:57 +0900
    > To:
    > From: support_na_ol@square-enix.com
    >
    > Dear Customer,
    >
    > Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.
    >
    > We would first suggest running a file check to see if that corrects the problem. You can run it from the PlayOnline Viewer start screen by selecting Check Files, then select FFXI from the drop menu. If that does not correct the problem, please contact us during our normal business hours at http://support.na.square-enix.com, hours of operation are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm PST Monday through Friday.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    > ___________
    > For additional assistance with this issue, you can reply to this email directly. For assistance with a new issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com.

PLEASE NOTE:
    1. I performed the recommended corrective action.
    2. I'm still having the same problems with several NPCs in different zones/regions.
    3. I AM PISSED OFF this problem won't go away ><
    (1)
    Bluplanet @ Leviathan

Image by: Syllvian (FFXI retired)

Character
    Ashmulder
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Details: when clicking on NPC in game (Shiva server), mainly explorer moogle/ Op warp npc in san doria and bastok, i either get a huge delay (2 minute +) before text appear or text never even appear and i have to shutdown and restart pol.

Steps taken to resolve the issue: either wait or shut the game console down and do a cold reboot. And then the cold reboot does not always work.i have also run a LOL file check, wich as always says everything is fine.

Date and Time: everyday since may 9th version update

Frequency. more than 50% percent of the time. Other times, there is a lag before the NPC dialogue appears, sometimes it's almost instantly.

Platform: PS2,PS3

I hope this will get fixed soon, the game is very unplayable because of this, its like playing russian roulette everytime you have to speak to any npc...
    (0)
    0/3 Spelunker Hat

Character
    Ashmulder
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    actually since yesterday s update id say lag/freezing happens 75% of the time...way to go...
    (0)
    0/3 Spelunker Hat

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Same problem with Signet NPC, Upper Jeuno, Phoenix server (on PS3). Have made numerous posts about how terrible PS2/3 service is, nothing changes, posts just get longer.
    (1)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast