(0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    You can have the same amount of profit with cheaper material cost. Doesn't seem likely to end up that way, but it is possible.
    If the profit per stack is too low then it's not worth the work involved in making them. That's why I only make 50k-100k per stack foods and not mithkabobs. Sure they sell fast and I could make as much profit off mithkabobs if I did 10x as much work but it's just not worth synthesizing mass amounts of them for much lower profit per stack.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 08-21-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    If the profit per stack is too low then it's not worth the work involved in making them. That's why I only make 50k-100k per stack foods and not mithkabobs. Sure they sell fast and I could make as much profit off mithkabobs if I did 10x as much work but it's just not worth synthesizing mass amounts of them for much lower profit per stack.
    That's what I'm saying.

If it is profitable to make the ammo NOW, then it will still be profitable to make them if the material costs go down, but profit remains the same.

Just because the materials are super cheap doesn't mean you cant make huge profit on the synth.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I agree on the enmity thing...

I think a good solution would be to change the enmity gained from ranged attacks to strictly (or almost strictly) volatile enmity (the kind that goes down with time), removing any link (or almost all of any link) it has to cumulative enmity (the kind that goes down when you take damage. This would give rangers a little more control and the option to "hold back" for a while til the mob forgets about them (with CE, the mob doesn't forget).

Rangers DO have one advantage over MNKs and WARs as well... the ability to deal damage while avoiding AoE, -ga/-ja spells, auras, etc... (unless they're the target of course). Being able to stand at a distance and do good damage is a pretty nice advantage.

I like rangers... I kinda think they should work as somewhat "stealth" damage dealers... snipers or something... It's definitely a niche job - I'd like to see it get more opportunities...

One thing I'll say about the job as an outsider... I don't really view RNG as a "main job" people play full time. I'm sure some do... but I've always viewed it more as a "special" job used for certain fights where more conventional DDs aren't as practical. (Not many of those exist right now, however... to me RNG feels kinda like BRD or COR in Abyssea... nice to have... but a luxury of sorts... and you probably won't find one around).
    (1)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Rangers DO have one advantage over MNKs and WARs as well... the ability to deal damage while avoiding AoE, -ga/-ja spells, auras, etc... (unless they're the target of course). Being able to stand at a distance and do good damage is a pretty nice advantage
    Well, if you're using a gun or crossbow, the sweet spot is inside the AoE range, so you're screwed there too. Only bows have the luxury of being outside AoE range while maintaining a sweet spot.
    (0)

Player
    Usually best way too lvl rng cheap is goo too lower jeuno too goblin junxshop and buy arrows!
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I know this thread is a bit old but figured I'd bump it anyway. God knows the rng sub forum could use a bump once a week or so. It's otherwise like a mausoleum in here.

The main problem with rng ammo is that there is no reason for anyone to play ranger any more. There is no demand therefore nobody to buy the crafters' product therefore no crafters making it. The few rangers that do play and buy ammo pay through the nose because ammo is so scarce, the few crafters that do make it jack the price through the roof (which they always do when they post something for sale with zero other units currently on sale). This does not result in other crafters coming in and driving the prices back down again because the demand is so low.

The way to address the ammo problem is to give people a reason to play ranger again. Get more people playing the job and supply and demand will take care of itself.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 08-30-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Character
    Fancyone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    ammo is always an issue and i agree that it should be infinite if u choose not to use any you can buy on ah the ur damage would be that of 2-3 if u buy from ah the it should be as is. i believe that would reduce the pain alot
    (0)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree with Lokithor here. Ranger needs a reason to be played again, outside of diehard dedication. There are two parts to fixing this:
    1. Add mobs with insane levels of defense/evasion. Ranger has ALWAYS shined better against the hard mobs, esp. those with lethal AoEs, like Gods in Sky (even post-floor removal), Fiat Lux' Shadow Lord, etc.
    2. Fix Ranger's enmity dilema. While you can't fix stupid suicidal retards, an intelligent, restrained ranger should be able to keep themself out of the mob's attention. Vicious cycle that's been going since they distance equation was added (and disregard anyone who wants the distance factor removed -_-): Ranger stands at ideal distance > Ranger deals its best damage > Ranger pulls hate > Mob chases after the Ranger > Ranger is no longer at ideal distance, doing their best damage + everyone's pissed at the Ranger for moving the mob.

I've heard Decoy shot has potential, I haven't really had a chance to play with it myself yet, since it's in the harder events like Voidwatch that I think it's going to be the most pronounced. Sadly, I don't have the kanican-type reasoning or the patience to do the necessary tests to decipher the exact effect. I'm still waiting to see about our PASSIVE enmity reduction trait, but my gut's afraid we won't be getting it this update...may Altana have mercy if we don't see it in the next tho.

A couple additions to the crafting-side would help tho:
    1. Add non-synergy recipes for everything made via synergy. Lower the yields as a trade-off.
    2. Add/Increase drop rate of the annoying materials (such as Ruszor Fangs) to Voidwatch's "Crappy drop" pool.

While I'm sure that we'll see new ammo at 99, right now, Ruszors & Dark Adaman are the main factors. Ruszors are a total pain in the behind to farm, and rarely drop fangs in my experience. The main consolation is that the synergy recipes are stupid efficient, yielding 6~36 stacks of arrows per fang, depending on HQs.

Ammo is a necessary cost of Ranger. The fact that Ranger isn't free is part of what's kept the unskilled masses from playing Ranger, and I've always rather enjoyed that. I could invite Rangers without worrying about them being absolutely TERRIBLE like you do with any of the "Bandwagon jobs" of the time. And while yes, Ranger was bandwagon for a time in the wake of the Penta-Nerf while we still had our damage floor, that was also back in the day when people generally tried hard to be good at their jobs (except Plds, those were the dark ages /shudders).

That's my two gil on the matter.

P.S: Fancy60, these are the "English" forums, so please speak english.
    (0)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Well if the cooldown on this new ability is like 5 mins I don't understand how that helps anybody. The enmity system is old and needs to be fixed. Also, it's not just the ammo availability that's a problem. Ammo has been boiled down to the laziest degree. Look at the way ammo varies and progresses up to level 60 and then do the same for 61-90. No new add. effects, no new elemental variants, no new patterns. It's just higher base damage without any utility.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catsby; 09-07-2011 at 04:25 AM.
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast