(0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Camate, there is a bit of confusion going on at the other forums atm.

Is this only for RNG? or will COR be receiving some love as well?

COR obviously doesn't need it as much as RNG, however it would be nice to know if both jobs are in the deal or if it's just RNG.
    The best RNG bullet is only 10k more expensive than best COR bullet on my server, plus many RNG uses gandiva which is a whole lot cheaper.

So no reason that RNG gets this and COR doesn't IMO. If COR can get it maybe ppl would stop TP/WS in bronze bullet ._.
    (2)

Wow 90% recycle is awesome! Finally after so many nerfs we are getting some love back!
    (1)
    My friends make this game even better

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    The best RNG bullet is only 10k more expensive than best COR bullet on my server, plus many RNG uses gandiva which is a whole lot cheaper.

So no reason that RNG gets this and COR doesn't IMO. If COR can get it maybe ppl would stop TP/WS in bronze bullet ._.
    Since it will be a job trait, COR can just sub ranger if they want more recycle procs that badly.

COR has enough going for it already since they bring rolls to the table in addition to ranged damage, blanket traits for multiple jobs hurts diversity of jobs. So many Lazy aby burned COR will still TP with a bronze bullet and only use wildfire even if you gave them recycle as a job trait to a lesser extent.

Lets be honest who invites a RNG to something like voidwatch when they can get a wildfire cor unless they are super paranoid about procs and want someone to cover archery staggers. RNG is a bit overdue for some love.

I play COR and RNG, the game needs more RNGs playing with the best ammo, maybe we'll see more Annihilator RNGs around using adaman bullets now and see RNG being used in something else besides Odin v2/Legion
    (0)

Player

I agree COR should get the trait as well, though you have to take into consideration that COR shoots so much slower than RNG that the number of bullets they use is substantially lower. I play both jobs and I know that COR is much cheaper.

And anyone still using gandiva shouldn't be playing RNG in the first place, so you can discount all those individuals.

That said, a half-potency recycle trait would make sense. It's annoying trying to find people willing to play COR because the bullet costs are so high.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Since it will be a job trait, COR can just sub ranger if they want more recycle procs that badly.

COR has enough going for it already since they bring rolls to the table in addition to ranged damage, blanket traits for multiple jobs hurts diversity of jobs. So many Lazy aby burned COR will still TP with a bronze bullet and only use wildfire even if you gave them recycle as a job trait to a lesser extent.

Lets be honest who invites a RNG to something like voidwatch when they can get a wildfire cor unless they are super paranoid about procs and want someone to cover archery staggers. RNG is a bit overdue for some love.

I play COR and RNG, the game needs more RNGs playing with the best ammo, maybe we'll see more Annihilator RNGs around using adaman bullets now and see RNG being used in something else besides Odin v2/Legion
    Why do you want to use gimp SJ to save money ._. You'd better off using better SJ and cheaper bullet ._. Also COR and RNG already sharing several job trait, I don't see what's wrong with 2 ranged job in this game getting same job trait to save gil. Heck even BLU has ranged attack job trait. Jobs like DW also gave to several jobs, so it's not uncommon for jobs to share job trait.

Able to roll is irrelevant, COR's output is already lower than RNG, and bullet still cost 90% of RNG ammo. That's like tossing a lot of money to deal subpar dmg, not worth it at all. After RNG gets recycle COR may ended up being more expensive than RNG, while still dealing subpar dmg, which just doesn't make sense.

As for COR v.s RNG thing in VW, it depend on who you already have and who you can get.

Although COR is more needed than RNG to VW, but you can really only have 2, unless you're focusing on magical DD on rex/bismarck. After you get 2 COR for each DD pt, it's probably better to get 1 RNG for proc and dmg. Of course, that's assuming the RNG is good and not too gimp. Most ppl skip RNG is not because RNG is a bad VW job, but rather how hard it is to find a good RNG that can actually DD. Same goes for DRG SAM etc, I skip those jobs all the time, but there are a few DRG SAM on the server I would want to invite them to DD pt.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Why do you want to use gimp SJ to save money ._.
    Didn't say i would sub rng on cor to save ammo, i'm saying people could if they were really hard up for a recycle trait and corsairs shouldnt act so damn entitled when rangers get something.

Anyone sweating ammo costs should stay away from COR and RNG imo anyways and yeah sub /WAR - duh.
    Not really looking forward to recycle being so potent that we have people bandwagoning on a job like they do with war+ukon or drk+rag
    (0)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    They are still in the midst of discussing what would be a good amount to enhance it, but as a starting point they have currently mentioned a rate of 90% with the job trait, merit points, and equipment.
    I don't know anything about the current activation rate of this trait, but I read this as a maximum 90% enhancement to it's current effect. Translation: If it's currently 10%, you can boost it to 19%.

I could be completely wrong here, but I'd hate to see people crying foul when this ends up being not as earth-shattering as it sounds.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    I don't know anything about the current activation rate of this trait, but I read this as a maximum 90% enhancement to it's current effect. Translation: If it's currently 10%, you can boost it to 19%.

I could be completely wrong here, but I'd hate to see people crying foul when this ends up being not as earth-shattering as it sounds.
    Without much effort you can get about 50% recycle just with scout beret, 5/5 recycle merits and libeccio mantle for rng.
    People selling ammo will probably try to adjust their prices upward based on lower sales volume if people are able to hit 75%+ recycle rate with any further changes.
    Personally i'd like to see them strike a balance on increasing availability of synthesis materials to curb the costs since stuff like adaman ore is pretty hard to come by.
    (1)

I went ahead and checked with the development team about your question regarding corsair.

While the possibility is not zero for corsair to receive a Recycle job trait, in the event that they did, it would not be as strong as the effect ranger is to receive.

The current focus at the moment is for ranger adjustments, so once concrete plans for this have been decided we can look into this as well.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast