Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Sequdaz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

RNG Ammo

I've been wanting to play ranger again but everytime i think about ammo cost and availability it just makes me wonder, why is ranger ammo so rare, expensive and requires a very high skill to make?

99 Dweomer bullet costs ~50k, requires Alchemy ~80 Smithing ~50 and on top of that Synergy skill, Antlion Arrows are on a similar condition as they require woodworking ~80 high bonecraft and synergy.

the real problem isn't really the skill required only but also the trouble rangers/crafters have to go through to make Arrowheads/Ingots/Boltheads then synthesizing them again to make the ammo because nobody else does. some materials come from campaign/woe only, some others are just ridiculous to get.

Maybe if we had a NPC that sells ammo or/and Arrowheads/Boltheads this wouldn't be a problem.

Update:
    Ammo market is dead at Ragnarok. :/
    (4)
    Last edited by Sequdaz; 03-06-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Player
    Why not just do like ever other MMO out there and do away with ammo all together. we could keep the ammo types like bloody bolts acid blots but just make it so it does not use it all you need it 1 in to slot to use that type
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratinao View Post
    Why not just do like ever other MMO out there and do away with ammo all together. we could keep the ammo types like bloody bolts acid blots but just make it so it does not use it all you need it 1 in to slot to use that type
    Or perhaps change it so that normal /ra doesnt consume arrows, but barrage/WS does.
    (1)

Say, turn them into something like spells. Get the ammo and have infinite use of it. RNG and COR are the most expensive jobs because of this, besides maybe NIN. That or NPC shops need to sell the ammo at a cost that can actually be affordable to players.
    (1)

at least have materials purchasable, crafters use ammo, food and ninja tools as their income source. That's also why so many rng, nin and cor level crafts to make their own ammo. But the scarcity of materials for end-game ammo is a problem. So is the lack of market for end-game ammo on the crafter's side. Why should a crafter keep putting the same stuff up on the AH every 3 days on the off chance that this go round a player might buy a single stack of his Antlion arrows-after he's already paid 3 weeks worth of AH fees?

Even bazaaring it is a problem, unless you put it on a mule when you are AFK this stuff takes space in your character's active inventory, and if you want to actually play your character you are probably not going to be in an area where people are shopping for ammo! And not everyone has 2 seperate systems and 2 seperate discs to dual box a mule to just sit there hoping a customer decides to walk by.
    (1)

Character
    Icerod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I partialy agree with this. I do believe all ammo should share the same shaft. I do not believe we should have magical unlimited ammo.
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, I was gonna put this in my Manifest thread, but I thought I was gonna be trolled for "get moar gil n00b."
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

I always thought it would be nice if you could either use ammo or not use ammo. For example if you choose not to use ammo you can still fire your bow/gun/xbow but the +DMG you get doesn't have an additional effect/stat and follows a linear pattern based on job level. If you do chose to use ammo you get a higher +DMG boost from the ammo and all the other benefits that come from that ammo slot. So by not using ammo you get unlimited ammo but less damage and whatever other benefits.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ammo is a huge issue. I just finished Harrier+2 and am having a terrible time finding Ruszor/antlion arrows. Atleast make them synergy only because woodworkers don't exist.
    (1)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    They need to just add a npc that sells all ammo types at a cheap price. It's really sad when having the most current ammo makes a player seem like a elite RNG.
    (1)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast